Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

59 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wasn't much to judge him on, 20 minutes?

That's kind of why I highlighted that he went off injured early.

He's inconsistent but he's also a constant threat.

I disagree, other than the challenge that led to his injury I don't remember him threatening them at all.

We really missed his directness and his closing down, game plan went out the window when he went off. 

Tbh, I think we're in deep deep trouble if our game plan is solely reliant on Albert adomah's presence. thankfully I don't think it was.

He's all a bit kick and rush for me from what I've seen. lots of energy but it's all a bit blind alley. poor man's jesus navas.

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

That's kind of why I highlighted that he went off injured early.

I disagree, other than the challenge that led to his injury I don't remember him threatening them at all.

Tbh, I think we're in deep deep trouble if our game plan is solely reliant on Albert adomah's presence. thankfully I don't think it was.

He's all a bit kick and rush for me from what I've seen. lots of energy but it's all a bit blind alley. poor man's jesus navas.

I was making a general point about his play, having seen him in every single minute he has played in a Villa shirt. By your own admission you've seen him 3 times(?) and presumably missed the 2 previous not televised matches where he has been instrumental and gave his best performances for us, Barnsley away being the other which you also presumably missed? I was trying to offer you a wider view from somebody who did see those games.

Our game plan clearly changed when McCormack came on for him, they're completely different players. So it's not so much reliance, as a fact. With Grealish suspended and Bacuna injured we had nobody 'similar' to come into the role, aside from Kodjia who in retrospect should have been switched wide, IMO.

So it's not necessarily so much about quality as it is how players fit into the system. Adomah has been very important to Bruce's system so far, like it or not.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

wow, why is this thread a thing, are we so used to being negative that we criticise players for the sheer hell of it

not saying players don't deserve a balanced opinion, but right now the players we have are starting to perform, lets get behind them.

• Like 1

I really like Albert, he seems such a nice character. Always smiling and seems to really enjoy his football. He's not perfect as a footballer but then you won't find many perfect footballers in the championship. I've been longing for him to score for us, just to see his dancing. It would really lift the players and fans. 

Played like he had a rocket up his arse. After Kodija scored the penalty he grabbed the ball and was ushering players back whilst they stood around and congratulated each other.

Right on man. Right on.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, midian said:

Looked brilliant for the 1st time today when he showed his pace,best game for us by a million miles.

I still don't see it. He certainly had an awful lot of the ball but doesn't seem to have any pace to get away,  can't seem to really go past players and create space in the same move and can't cross very well. Summed up for me today when he received the ball in the last few minutes and just ran it out whilst trying to get past his man. 

I just don't see it with him at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I still don't see it. He certainly had an awful lot of the ball but doesn't seem to have any pace to get away,  can't seem to really go past players and create space in the same move and can't cross very well. Summed up for me today when he received the ball in the last few minutes and just ran it out whilst trying to get past his man. 

I believe he was injured tbf. Unless this was an earlier instance.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Totally disagree, he has pace, went past players repeatedly, if anyone ever ran across the near post it'd make his crossing look great.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Totally disagree, he has pace, went past players repeatedly, if anyone ever ran across the near post it'd make his crossing look great.

We must be watching different games because I didn't see a single time today where he accelerated away from any opposition player.  Quite often he lost out in 50/50 foot races for the ball. 

If people are repeatedly not where you are crossing you are not crossing into the right areas. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We must be watching different games because I didn't see a single time today where he accelerated away from any opposition player. 

You must have been. He was unplayable in the 2nd half. Had their full back multiple times for dinner.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You must have been. He was unplayable in the 2nd half. Had their full back multiple times for dinner.

I keep hearing this but what happened Then?  If a player is unplayable they score goals of create dozens of opportunities for others or win penalties but I can't recall anything.  

I am not trying to be objectionable but I genuinely do not see these things others seem to see in him. 

Â