Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Results have been good since he has come back. one bad performance doesn't make him any less of a player

He just decided to have a bad night, when half the team joined him.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What a complete garbage performance from him today

Problem was we were playing in our half for 80% of the match and Kodjia received only balls that we clearances and he was forced to control the ball, then try to keep it away from two defenders. We gave Kodjia a near impossible job today. Our wingers and midfield gave him nothing to work off of. 

I would have subbed him the first time he could not be arsed closing people down, there defence will never have such an easier time playing the ball out from the back or wide because this clown can't be bothered doing any hard  work, what gives him the right to just not try? Drop him for hogan.

1 hour ago, Strangeways said:

I would have subbed him the first time he could not be arsed closing people down, there defence will never have such an easier time playing the ball out from the back or wide because this clown can't be bothered doing any hard  work, what gives him the right to just not try? Drop him for hogan.

I agree that he was crap last night, but dropping him for Hogan is pointless. As in, 'there's no point in doing it' and 'we won't have gained any points after doing it'. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His decision making got badly exposed last night, but he had virtually no service, very poor performance all round. Convinced he won't be particularly effective at a higher level.

He has the ability to score in the PL, I’m just not sure he has the right mentality.

But he is under no pressure here, if he makes the wrong decisions he will still play the next game.

In a PL squad where his place was under threat perhaps he would be more of a team player and show better judgement, perhaps.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He has the ability to score in the PL, I’m just not sure he has the right mentality.

But he is under no pressure here, if he makes the wrong decisions he will still play the next game.

In a PL squad where his place was under threat perhaps he would be more of a team player and show better judgement, perhaps.

I just don't see it.  There's a reason why, at 27 years old, he has never played in the top flight. He has ability but lacks intelligence and the intangibles. Don't get me wrong, he's great for us at this level for the most part, but there are levels to this game. I just don't think he will be particular good at Premier League level. But that said, under Bruce, I doubt we will ever find that out. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I just don't see it.  There's a reason why, at 27 years old, he has never played in the top flight. He has ability but lacks intelligence and the intangibles. Don't get me wrong, he's great for us at this level for the most part, but there are levels to this game. I just don't think he will be particular good at Premier League level. But that said, under Bruce, I doubt we will ever find that out. 

I’m not saying he is Harry Kane mkll, just that he is good enough to score goals in that league especially given the state of the defending.

He isn’t a top class PL striker though, not by a very long way.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m not saying he is Harry Kane mkll, just that he is good enough to score goals in that league especially given the state of the defending.

He isn’t a top class PL striker though, not by a very long way.

I think he should be played through the middle in a 4-2-3-1 with Adomah and Snodgrass either side with Hourihane in the hole. (Cue the McCarthy gif)

Lansbury and Onomah should be the two midfielders behind with the back 4 being Taylor Chester Terry and Elmo. 

That's how I would set up anyway 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He really didn't look up to the task, didn't really try, went on one of his blind runs around mid way in the first half and got taken out, didn't bother to do much after that.

Yep I thought it was a very lazy couldn't be bothered performance from him yesterday 

Â