Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Did a lot of donkey work in the first 45 minutes to be fair to him, when we pressed them really well and forced errors and rushed clearances.

You see it a lot with long term injuries, players come back and look bright like they have never been away, but they do seem to have a sudden dip. Maybe it is just the initial adrenaline or lack of pre season and fitness work starting to show.

Struggled badly 2nd half today. Really badly 

• Like 1

He still doesn't look sharp or anything like on his game yet which is maybe no surprise as he hasn't long been back from a bad injury.

I thought he was much better this week than he was last week and put himself about well. The sharpness and match fitness will come in time.

Thankfully we are no longer totally reliant on him for goals whilst he does get back up to speed.

Edited by markavfc40

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You see it a lot with long term injuries, players come back and look bright like they have never been away, but they do seem to have a sudden dip. Maybe it is just the initial adrenaline or lack of pre season and fitness work starting to show.

Struggled badly 2nd half today. Really badly 

I recall an ex pro (might have been Merse?) saying exactly this on Soccer Saturday many years ago, adrenaline gets you through the first few games then you hit a wall fitness wise. Also missing pre-season is a big miss, and often over looked.

I agree with all the neggies.

but he has really good feet and it deserves a better finish from him.

He causes so much attention due to his good ball control, other players should be capitalising as they are.

He is a talented player, not yet in the groove.

• Like 1

I get the lack of fitness thing, really do, but the absolute idiotic decision making he makes on the ball has **** all to do with fitness. He did this last year too but obviously not gonna get pulled up over it because of the goals he scored.

• Like 1

Â