Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Not passing to Adomah was disgusting. It wasn't a case of not being aware of him it was just utter selfishness plain and simple.

But what annoyed me just as much was they way he couldn't even look at Adomah afterwards. He knew full well how selfish that decision was. 

He has to be one of the first names on the team sheet but if he doesn't knock that selfish streak out of his game he will never make it in the prem.

25 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Hogan would have squared it... 

:ph34r:

Hogan for sure, I get kodjia wants to get on the score sheet but sometimes you gave to put your ego aside for the team. Like hogan did for onomah. HogN hasn't been great but that was a classy thing he did there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Agreed. What i thought was really evident and surprising today was that Adomah didn't give him any pelters at all on a couple of occasions that he didn't pass, not least the big one. 

You would hope some of the more senior guys like Terry have a word at some point. 

Terry went ballistic at him at the time.

I don't even get why he took that shot, he could've placed it near post and the keeper was stranded or of course laid the pass on. To try and go across goal, outside of the boot was probably the hardest to score from and the easiest for the keeper to save.

Just watched the highlights, needs to square that ball. Disappointed that he didn't. Putting himself above the team is not good and I hope someone has given him a bollocking for it.

I know strikers need to be greedy at times but even Defoe would have squared that. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Terry went ballistic at him at the time.

I don't even get why he took that shot, he could've placed it near post and the keeper was stranded or of course laid the pass on. To try and go across goal, outside of the boot was probably the hardest to score from and the easiest for the keeper to save.

That's the difference having Terry as captain makes. Won't pull any punches! 

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That's the difference having Terry as captain makes. Won't pull any punches! 

Yup, as an overly accomplished player, he won't have any fear about giving the likes of Kodjia a bollocking.

Like who TF do you think you are?

clutching at straws here but got zero after the Adomah's took the penalty against Barnsley...    Is Kodjia our designated penalty taker or did he shun Adomah for the second time in as many minutes? 

6 hours ago, Skills said:

clutching at straws here but got zero after the Adomah's took the penalty against Barnsley...    Is Kodjia our designated penalty taker or did he shun Adomah for the second time in as many minutes? 

From what I saw from the lower Holte, Adomah pretty much forced the ball in Kodjia's hands for the penalty.

6 hours ago, Skills said:

No he is not. Bruce was raging on the sidelines when he didn't square the ball. When the penalty was won, the first rage didn't come close to what we saw when it was Kodjia who placed the ball on the spot. Bruce will not have let him off lightly after that game. He was livid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

From what I saw from the lower Holte, Adomah pretty much forced the ball in Kodjia's hands for the penalty.

Adomah seems to be such a top bloke that you can almost imagine him doing this:"I know you want your first goal badly bro, here, take it".

To be honest events leading up to that are the type of thing which would cause fights between players!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Adomah seems to be such a top bloke that you can almost imagine him doing this:"I know you want your first goal badly bro, here, take it".

To be honest events leading up to that are the type of thing which would cause fights between players!

You should try your hand at writing an American coming of age movie with that writing! :lol: 

"no dude, YOU can be ANYTHING you want, it's written in the stars, bro"

"thanks Trey, you're my bro, bro"

"I got your back bro"

"thanks Trey, you got my back bro"

"that's what I just said bro"

"Bro, I know you'll always be there for me"

"That's so true bro" 

"Thanks bro, it means a lot bro"

"no problem bro"

"thanks bro"

"hey bro, fancy grabbing a starbucks?"

"sure bro"

*The sound of flip flops walking into the sunset* 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You should try your hand at writing an American coming of age movie with that writing! :lol: 

"no dude, YOU can be ANYTHING you want, it's written in the stars, bro"

"thanks Trey, you're my bro, bro"

"I got your back bro"

"thanks Trey, you got my back bro"

"that's what I just said bro"

"Bro, I know you'll always be there for me"

"That's so true bro" 

"Thanks bro, it means a lot bro"

"no problem bro"

"thanks bro"

"hey bro, fancy grabbing a starbucks?"

"sure bro"

*The sound of flip flops walking into the sunset* 

Here's another funny thing . Why is it , every time I look at the image below your username, I keep thinking of Puff Daddy ?

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

Kodija has a couple of assists since he came back, i can't begrudge him for trying to break the duck.

It took big character to take the penalty and score after such a glaring miss, cut the man some slack.

No. The team comes first, always. It was horrendously selfish and 100% the wrong thing to do.

Cutting players slack for shit decisions is part of why we're in the situation we're in.

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

No. The team comes first, always. It was horrendously selfish and 100% the wrong thing to do.

Cutting players slack for shit decisions is part of why we're in the situation we're in.

Sorry mate, you're right. We should lambaste players that don't play a 100% perfect games with 100% correct consistent decision making. Especially one's coming back from a horrendous injury, who's been playing very well and transformed the side, and wants to build some goal-scoring confidence.

Ridiculous.

Shocking decision, and it reminded me of the Brsitol City game (Feb I think?) when he was so desperate to score, and then went and missed a penalty.  I thought he would do the same on Saturday, so hopefully the fact he didn't will get him going a bit goals-wise.  

Albert (and others) looked genuinely pleased for him when he did score though.  I guess they feel like us - infuriating at times, but he's a brilliant player to have in our team, and would probably not be here if he could sort that part of his game out.

5 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Sorry mate, you're right. We should lambaste players that don't play a 100% perfect games with 100% correct consistent decision making. Especially one's coming back from a horrendous injury, who's been playing very well and transformed the side, and wants to build some goal-scoring confidence.

Ridiculous.

I don't expect players to play 100% perfect games, I expect them to make the right decision when it's clearly the right thing to do. 

Could you imagine if that happened in a play-off game and we ended up losing? "Eh it's ok cut him some slack." Bollocks.

• Like 1

Â