Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Are we sure that Kodjia is in the squad? We brought in Gabban in january and Ross back. It is a maximum of players we can have in the squad, plus youngesters.?

there is noway they have not included kodjia in the squad. that would be abasolutely ridiculous 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 02:43, DCJonah said:

A fully fit kodjia linking up with snodgrass, grealish and adomah in the form they are in would be fairly unstoppable at this level. 

If we had a fully fit kodjia i'd say promotion was guaranteed. As others have said, the idea he couldn't do the same, if not more than hogan is laughable. 

It's deeper than that, absolutely no one is debating what a talented player Kodjia is.

At the level we aspire to be, it's about more than talent though.

Top managers like Mourinho probably wouldn't put up with some of the nonsense he does.

Better players than him have been dropped from starting line ups because they weren't putting in the work or adapting to TEAM philosophies.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's deeper than that, absolutely no one is debating what a talented player Kodjia is.

Top managers like Mourinho probably wouldn't put up with some of the nonsense he does.

Better players than him have been dropped from starting line ups because they weren't putting in the work or adapting to TEAM philosophies.

Our "team philosophy" has only been visible for a couple months. If there was such a thing before, no-one was following it. 

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Imagine if we can field this team in a play off final. I wouldnt want to be the other side. 

------------------------Kodjia-------------------------

Adomah----------Grealish--------Snodgrass

----------------Hourihane----Bikir/Mile----------

Hutton-------Chester----Terry----Tuanzebe

----------------------Johstone-----------------------

I know - we would get slaughtered.

Especially with Kodjia in goal.   ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think we know for definite how well a fully fit and firing Kodija would work in this team now.

I just know I’d feel a lot more confident in achieving second spot if I knew he was able to feature in the final run in.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa82 said:

Are we sure that Kodjia is in the squad? We brought in Gabban in january and Ross back. It is a maximum of players we can have in the squad, plus youngesters.?

He is definately in the squad mate.

We had to sign Grabban in Jan as we only really had Hogan & Davis as strikers for the most part of this season so far.

Gabby is not really factored and McCormack is a different issue (and debated wether he will play for us again is still an unknown), so until Kodjia was back fit.. that would have been gambling on 3/4 months from Jan having only 2 real effective strikers if you will like we've had most of this season.

Wouldn't have been ideal for an automatic promotion charge. Hope it clears up any confusion. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Am I right in thinking that twitter account is the same one who was ITK about all our transfer dealings in the January window last season?

I seem to recall them being bombarded for updates on Hourihane.

Not the same one mate. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The whole team philosophy while he was fit was 'please kodjia do something because no one else will'

He hasn't really had the opportunity to get into the new team and approach. From what i've seen of him and the other strikers we have i fully believe we would be much better with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The whole team philosophy while he was fit was 'please kodjia do something because no one else will'

He hasn't really had the opportunity to get into the new team and approach. From what i've seen of him and the other strikers we have i fully believe we would be much better with him.

Would be a huge bonus if we could have him back in April even if it means taking a risk on him .

the rewards are huge.

slim chance though I guess .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I was a betting man I would bet he won't ever come back as good as he was. 2 serious injuries in a row. Not good. 

I have said this in the past, but its just speculation.

long term injuries have a habit of doing that to us.

We just have to wait and see.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:12, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have to disagree with this mate. In my opinion he wasn't Daniel Sturbridge style 'it's all about me' selfish. It was more 'I believe in my own ability for the team' selfish. He made a lot of chances for people and worked quite hard most games.  He even gave up his first hatrick to let a striker get his first goal. 

This season he just wasn't fit so hard to judge him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to disagree with this mate. In my opinion he wasn't Daniel Sturbridge style 'it's all about me' selfish. It was more 'I believe in my own ability for the team' selfish. He made a lot of chances for people and worked quite hard most games.  He even gave up his first hatrick to let a striker get his first goal. 

This season he just wasn't fit so hard to judge him. 

Fair points,

In other news, watching Adama Troare tear Leeds to shreds is quite frustrating for me.

:rant:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Let's replace Adomah's 13 goals and 3 assists this season with Traore's 3 goals and 5 assists and see where we'd be.

There's nothing to suggest we couldn't have both. If I remember correctly the 2 deals were a couple of weeks apart so we didn't have to sell him as part of any Adomah deal. They were 2 separate transfers.

Bruce said last week that he doesnt expect Kodjia back this season despite a video of him kicking a ball around.

• Like 1

Â