The Championship thread

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So who you backing for the 19/20 season?

My early favourites are

Fulham, Cardiff, wba, sheff Wed, boro, Stoke and suprise package will be Preston. 

That mickey mouse league? :trollface:

• Haha 1

I think Fulham will struggle, can see them losing quite a few players. 

My top 3 would be:

Cardiff

Baggies

Leeds

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

The QSI buyout of Leeds is gathering pace. Looks like it has genuine legs and could happen. 

Steve Gibson will be having kittens!! 🤣🤣🤣

L’equipe reporting it I believe too. 

But even if they buy them they can't spend 100m in the championship they will get points docked. 

They still need to work around ffp is bloody hard in championship esp if you don't have parachute payments

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But even if they buy them they can't spend 100m in the championship they will get points docked. 

They still need to work around ffp is bloody hard in championship esp if you don't have parachute payments

It will prob be some Watford type system where they loan Leeds all the squad and academy players

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It will prob be some Watford type system where they loan Leeds all the squad and academy players

Possibly that's only way it might work. But then how does it work if Leeds get promoted? Surely that won't be allowed? 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Possibly that's only way it might work. But then how does it work if Leeds get promoted? Surely that won't be allowed? 

I'm sure PSG reserves will probably be as good as Leeds squad players so it will probably carry on. 

Is FFP a worldwide thing? If not, what stops say Bill Gates buying some shite team in Africa or somewhere, buying messi and Ronaldo and then loaning them to their other, premier league club? 

Edited by VillaJ100

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'm sure PSG reserves will probably be as good as Leeds squad players so it will probably carry on. 

It's ridiculous. It should not be allowed to own two teams in europe

Edited by Demitri_C

Don't PSG win Ligue 1 at an absolute canter every year? They could loan some of their best players to Leeds and still win the league with months to spare, so I imagine Leeds will be at least as dominant as Wolves were last season. 

They may well be laughing at us in a year's time. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Don't PSG win Ligue 1 at an absolute canter every year? They could loan some of their best players to Leeds and still win the league with months to spare, so I imagine Leeds will be at least as dominant as Wolves were last season. 

They may well be laughing at us in a year's time. 

Why I couldn't care less if we stay up

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why I couldn't care less if we stay up

That's what I mean; we're really quite likely not to stay up. And even if we do, but Leeds come up, a Leeds team boosted by Qatari money could be yet another club we'll struggle to overhaul in the Premier League. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's what I mean; we're really quite likely not to stay up. And even if we do, but Leeds come up, a Leeds team boosted by Qatari money could be yet another club we'll struggle to overhaul in the Premier League. 

Mate I think we are in good hands. We have a excellent manager and a great backroom staff. Wealthy owners who will back the manager. Also a very supportive fan base behind the manager. 

Trying to be biased but j think we have a better r chance of staying up than Sheffield United and norwich

PSG have also set up an academy in Germany

Leeds fans will get excited thinking they're getting a load of France U21s loaned to them, in reality PSG play a fair few young players in their squad (I still don't think they have enough squad depth to challenge the CL) there are 3 players in and around the French U21s, dagba (played 20 games for PSG last season) nsoki (15) nkunku (26) 

because they piss the league they can give games to their youngsters unlike English teams, so what leeds will probably get is really young players (18-19) or maybe be 1st in line for the likes of weah or jese

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate I think we are in good hands. We have a excellent manager and a great backroom staff. Wealthy owners who will back the manager. Also a very supportive fan base behind the manager. 

Trying to be biased but j think we have a better r chance of staying up than Sheffield United and norwich

Good work on trying to be biased Dem - you succeeded ;)

Mmmm... I'm not sure.  The problem we have is that we need a massive squad overhaul (others have mentioned it needs to be done ASAP and I think that's key).  We've released, what, 9 players?  Not all squad members generally but certainly some need replacing.  Coupled with that, we need more quality.  It's a big task tbh.

BUT, I do feel confident in the team we have running the club and making the decisions.  It seems more structured now and not panicked at all which is excellent and puts us in a good position long term.

The thing is, this arms race can't carry on. There's 4 champs league spots a season. You have the usual suspects, then I guess us, possibly Leeds, wolves and a few others all have billionaire owners, competing for the top. Not everyone will make it 

Â