The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Now we are out of the championship will you still watch championship games? 

I'll be following still. Although I'm glad to be out its a great league with some top football 

I would absolutely watch matches on the red button on Sky, however i am over the moon that I never have to spend my Saturday nights watching the highlights on Quest 

Edited by mattyg38

8 minutes ago, mattyg38 said:

I would absolutely watch matches on the red button on Sky, however i am over the moon that I never have to spend my Saturday nights watching the highlights on Quest 

Me nether that show absolutely sucks. All about motd. Can't wiat to be back on there. 

I really enjoyed the last couple of years especially the last 3 months and yes I will take more of an interest in Championship games.

I hope Forest, Derby and Sheff Weds follow us up next year.

I hope forest and Derby come up next year. Derby are. Proper club. Their fans were great yesterday. Respect to them. 

Forest as well I really like them as a club. Best of luck to both of you next season 

Would love to see a few clubs down here sort themselves out and get back to the top division. Forest and Wednesday, purely for soft spot reasons. And Bristol City. I just think it would be great for footie in the land of Rugby and Cricket. They have a massive catchment area. Even though the manager is a bit of a word removed. Would be great for the city and I like Bristol.

With any luck we wont be back down here in 2020-2021 :D

It's been a rollercoaster ride. Time to go upwards for a bit though.

13 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Would love to see a few clubs down here sort themselves out and get back to the top division. Forest and Wednesday, purely for soft spot reasons. And Bristol City. I just think it would be great for footie in the land of Rugby and Cricket. They have a massive catchment area. Even though the manager is a bit of a word removed. Would be great for the city and I like Bristol.

With any luck we wont be back down here in 2020-2021 :D

It's been a rollercoaster ride. Time to go upwards for a bit though.

Bristol City have a real grudge against us now for some reason. Personally they're a non-entity to me.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope forest and Derby come up next year. Derby are. Proper club. Their fans were great yesterday. Respect to them. 

Forest as well I really like them as a club. Best of luck to both of you next season 

Same. Don't mind either club. 

I like Sheffield Wednesday as well, despite the manager :)

One of the first championship games I ever watched was the famous 4-4 between Charlton and Sunderland in 1998 PO final. You also had SHA and Wolves always failing in the play offs in the late 90s/early 00s aswell.

Big fan of all the lower leagues in England tbh although didn't pay huge amount of interest in league 2 which will have to change now with Walsall depressingly dropping into that level.

It will feel wierd we're not part of it and me having to tune into MOTD again with more than a passing interest.

One thing I will certainly miss is the midweek games. I quite liked the quick fire nature of Saturday-Tuesday and we had some ridiculous brilliant midweek games this year, the classic 5-5 v Forest and 3-3s with Preston and Sheffield United which weren't just really good games but pretty significant in terms of our season.

Think premier league only has 1-2 midweek fixtures outside of xmas. A Monday night "showdown" with Brighton won't quite feel the same.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I the only one who actually looks football on 5...or quest. It's become part of my sunday ritual to download it.

Everyone was singing the MOTD theme tune on the train home...it's **** shit.

Thread be in uproar when MOTD "experts" Jenas and Danny Murphy tip us for relegation 

17 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just a note to wish any Derby supporters reading this all the best for next season. Us losing last season’s final was a blessing in disguise, every chance you could be there again.

Derby lost in the playoffs last year too. They also lost in 2016, and in 2014 (in the most heartbreaking way) so I'm pretty sure their fans might disagree about how losing in them ultimately turns out to be a good thing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Derby lost in the playoffs last year too. They also lost in 2016, and in 2014 (in the most heartbreaking way) so I'm pretty sure their fans might disagree about how losing in them ultimately turns out to be a good thing. 

Yeah true, I only saw that afterwards.

Ok revised message - Best of luck Derby supporters, law of averages and all that...

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I the only one who actually looks football on 5...or quest. It's become part of my sunday ritual to download it.

Everyone was singing the MOTD theme tune on the train home...it's **** shit.

Same - I enjoy it.  Gets straight to the action and doesn't **** around with Danny Murphy or whoever pointing the tiniest mistakes in a defensive back line after each match.

MOTD is good for Villa games as they discuss in so much detail, but I much prefer Quest showing brief clips of, say, Wigan 0-0 Bolton rather than having to sit through 10 mins of Brighton 0-0 West Ham and then listen to all the analysis afterwards.  Each to their own, though! 

Â