The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Going to be interesting to follow Leeds this season. Played good at times but you just know that Bielsa won't last 46 games. He will lose it over something. The pitch not holding together like today might be just such a thing.

• Like 1

Don't rate Rowett, will never rate Rowett.

I can't think of anyone less I would want to manage Villa. Think I would genuinely have to ask for a refund on the season ticket. Makes Allardyce look expansive.

Like Pulis at Boro, they have built reputations on not losing games. Why would you hire them to get you out of a league??

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Going to be interesting to follow Leeds this season. Played good at times but you just know that Bielsa won't last 46 games. He will lose it over something. The pitch not holding together like today might be just such a thing.

The 3 games a week will kill them as well especially around christmas 

On there day will blow teams apart

The Afobe transfer is a weird one. Wolves buy him for £10m then decide they don’t want him so loan him out to Stoke 4 days after signing. Afobe himself said there was no clause that meant Wolves had to buy him. Strange. Stoke now have him on loan for 6 months until Jan when they have to (clause in this one) buy him for £12.5m...

14 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The Afobe transfer is a weird one. Wolves buy him for £10m then decide they don’t want him so loan him out to Stoke 4 days after signing. Afobe himself said there was no clause that meant Wolves had to buy him. Strange. Stoke now have him on loan for 6 months until Jan when they have to (clause in this one) buy him for £12.5m...

Very wierd makes no sense

1 hour ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

The Forest-Albion game was moved because of it originally clashing with an England cricket match at Trent Bridge. Not sure about the other one.

I think its unfair to be honest.  If i was one of those clubs  is ouldn't be happy.

Also the jammy blosers play boro on sat they will be fresher

What an interesting season we have ahead of us. I don't think there are any really clear favourites at this point. The bookies have it as Stoke, Boro, WBA, Us, Forest, Leeds, Derby. 

The one thing I really, really enjoy about the Championship, is there is a bit of romance in this league. Of course, there are the bigger players, but rarely is there an obvious 'top 4' like there are in the top divisions in Europe. If you put together a good run, you find yourself up there and competing. 

If I were to pick one I think Boro could grind out a promotion season. I'd give us a good chance of anywhere in the top 6. 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its unfair to be honest.  If i was one of those clubs  is ouldn't be happy.

Also the jammy blosers play boro on sat they will be fresher

Its week 1 of the season of course boro still be fresh 

• Like 1

Â