The Championship thread

TrentVilla

49 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

As i put in our Summer Transfer Thread few times wanted us to go for him on loan before he went to Derby!

Kid is going to become a Excellent player and will have a great season

I haven't seen a lot of him but he caught my eye when I watched Chelsea's youth team play a couple of seasons ago. I wanted us to try and sign him as well but not sure he would have come with Lampard at Derby and his links to Chelsea. He's definitely a player to watch though for this season and the future.

Edited by Michael118

Thought West Brom wouldn't do anything, poor result losing at home to relegation candidates.

Remind me of us when we came down. Too many demotivated players (Barry, Gibbs, Livermore, Brunt etc) and whole different scenario for Darren Moore, not sure he'll last the season.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought West Brom wouldn't do anything, poor result losing at home to relegation candidates.

Remind me of us when we came down. Too many demotivated players (Barry, Gibbs, Livermore, Brunt etc) and whole different scenario for Darren Moore, not sure he'll last the season.

Yeah, as well as Moore did at the end of last season, its a big ask to go from caretaker with no expectations to fully in charge with promotion the goal.

How many times do you get that initial bounce when an assistant coach is promoted to manager, but it quickly wears off and they are found to be out of their depth.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andym said:

Yeah, as well as Moore did at the end of last season, its a big ask to go from caretaker with no expectations to fully in charge with promotion the goal.

How many times do you get that initial bounce when an assistant coach is promoted to manager, but it quickly wears off and they are found to be out of their depth.  

The other thing is that he was always going to have a honeymoon period just because he wasn’t Alan Pardew. I imagine going in after Pardew must be the best job a football manager can get, you are a hero from the off.

11 minutes ago, andym said:

I’ve no doubt he’ll be massively out of his depth.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Looking at the stats, it certainly seems as if they were absolutely mugged (not that that's any consolation for losing a game they needed to win, of course). 

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why am I watching the highlights of this on, uhh, something called Quest TV?

Is this the moment Channel 5 fold up and disappear in a puff of shame?

Barely watched the channel 5 show, unlikely I’ll watch the quest show at all. Sticking with the highlights Villa provide.

• Like 1

Â