The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Everybody is talking about Leeds throwing it away but WBA have been just as guilty. They’re right in the mix again after being well clear. 

I’d love Forest and Brentford to come up, and someone like Bristol City to mix it up a bit. Provided we stay up of course!

• Like 1

Forest again throwing away another good chance to make ground on top two, beat Leeds but before that managed to lose to small heath, and are now losing at home to Charlton, they've been a bit like it all season, make good progress but then lose games that they should be winning if they want to be serious promotion challengers. Got a feeling if anyone is going to displace either Albion or Leeds from top two it's going to be Fulham. Looking at the other end of the table, if Wigan can hold on to their lead and Barnsley can find a winner, then small heath won't be completely out of trouble yet.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Forest again throwing away another good chance to make ground on top two, beat Leeds but before that managed to lose to small heath, and are now losing at home to Charlton, they've been a bit like it all season, make good progress but then lose games that they should be winning if they want to be serious promotion challengers. Got a feeling if anyone is going to displace either Albion or Leeds from top two it's going to be Fulham. Looking at the other end of the table, if Wigan can hold on to their lead and Barnsley can find a winner, then small heath won't be completely out of trouble yet.

You were saying?

That prick Hogan has done it again

He's pretty much single handedly pulled them clear of any relegation worries, they're actually only seven points off the play-offs now. Still Hogan's the type of player to score in patches, so wouldn't surprise me if he went on a long without scoring soon. Stoke fans must be wondering why they didn't use him more often.

1 minute ago, useless said:

He's pretty much single handedly pulled them clear of any relegation worries, they're actually only seven points off the play-offs now. Still Hogan's the type of player to score in patches, so wouldn't surprise me if he went on a long without scoring soon. Stoke fans must be wondering why they didn't use him more often.

Sometimes Villa REALLY **** annoy me.

No way in a million years these scummy **** would do the same for us.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

So is that 3 goals in 3 games? Bloody hell. 

To be fair his goals to minutes ratio for Sheffield United and Stoke wasn't actually that bad, wasn't expecting him to score three in three, but doesn't surprise me he's scoring goals for them. I guess on the bright side, if he carries on like this a championship club might give us some money for him, maybe we could give him to small heath with some money in exchange for Bellingham, highly unlikely I know, just a thought.

Edited by useless

Hogan is combining well with jukewitcz, same as with Che Adams last season. Think he's a pretty underrated striker at that level.

From being on the verge of the sack Pep Clotet is doing alright again. A boring mid table season for them which their fans actually hate as apparently they're the Birmingham club with all the "drama."

52 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Fulham could jump Leeds into the automatic places with a win!

I put money on leeds to win the division but I cant help enjoying this....tee hee!

Fulham are a bit like Forest really. Everytime they're on verge of top 2 they draw with a Charlton.

When you look at their side though they really should get automatic promotion....Mitro with Knockaert and Cavaliero/Bobby Reid and Tom Cairney as the AM....basically cheat mode at this level.

• Like 1

Forest made 5 changes yesterday, that was a bit surprising. You don’t make that many changes after a great result. Not sure the standard of the championship is that good this season. Hogan was never good enough for the Premier League 

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The defeat against Birmingham more annoying now, a win there and we'd have been only outside the autos on goal difference (not that I think we'll go up, it's nice to be in the race though)

Please smash Leeds this weekend. That should give you guys a good chance of staying in contention.

Cant believe the pure luck of Leeds...4th bottom of the form table yet due to the incompetence of their rivals they are still in the autos!

I think Fulham will regret not getting a more experienced manager!

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Annoying that Forest and Fulham both bottled their chances to get into the automatic spots this week.

Hard to see West Brom blowing it from here. 6 points clear and in good form.

To be fair West Brom came so close against us in the playoffs and would have beaten derby so I think they will win the league quite easily 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

To be fair West Brom came so close against us in the playoffs and would have beaten derby so I think they will win the league quite easily 

Me too.

I'm actually going to see them on Saturday (taking my mom who is a Baggies fan). Big game against Forest. Will be interesting to see how they perform

• Like 1

Â