The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Forest fluffing lines again and even Gestede has scored vs them

Moukoudi playing for Boro, think he said we wanted him last season

Didn't want to come to us under Bruce as he reportedly didn't like our style of football.....and then 18 months later he signs for Boro :blink:

Bielsa is a myth, in his peak he had one of greatest international squads ever dumped out in 1st round of World Cup. Lost Copa America with same squad to Brazil B team

Be shocked if Leeds even in top flight next season 

Everytime one of the teams just below Leeds in the table gets within touching distance of top two they then go and blow their chances by suddenly losing all their form, almost feels like the window of opportunity for other clubs has closed now, and by comparison Leeds have the much easier run-in, wouldn't be surprised to see them win the league, although in the championship you never know. Next season I think they'd struggle in the premier leauge though, having a feeling the Sheffield United will probably be a one season wonder and struggle as well, unless they manage to sneak into the champions league, which give them the scope to strengthen enough to establish themselves further up the table.

Yep Leeds have recovered from their New Year slump and opened up a bit of a gap to 3rd, with all the Playoff teams dropping points recently. Hopefully they collapse again and Forest, Fulham or Brentford can capitalise, but Leeds do have an easy run in on paper.

Forest at home to Millwall, Millwall aren't a bad side but should have been a good opportunity for them to close the gap on top two... They're losing 3-0 and isn't even half-time yet. Fulham now the only team likely to catch Leeds and their next four fixtures are Bristol CIty away, Brentford at home, Leeds away, and then QPR away, whereas Leeds play Huddersfield at home, Cardiff away, at home to Fulham and then home to Leeds.

My god these teams this year utter utter bottlers. Leeds imploded but every single team close to them decided to implode even worse than them.

All i know is whoever comes up via play offs is finishing bottom next season.  The quality this season has been so poor to the seasons we were down there typically.

Since forest beat leeds they have been pure garbage 

On 01/03/2020 at 09:29, Zatman said:

Hasnt won a trophy in about 20 years, threw away promotion last season which Smith achieved 🤔

Could be swapping places next season though. Despite what happened last season I think he has transformed Leeds so respect for that. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My god these teams this year utter utter bottlers. Leeds imploded but every single team close to them decided to implode even worse than them.

All i know is whoever comes up via play offs is finishing bottom next season.  The quality this season has been so poor to the seasons we were down there typically.

Since forest beat leeds they have been pure garbage 

Dreadful from forest tonight. Millwall looked more up for it 

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

One for the rubbish player thread. Joe Worrell, one of the new breed of lower level ball playing defenders that can't defend (can't really play the ball either)and just cause absolute chaos.

I don't know him but you make him sound like Manuel from fawlty towers but in the form of a defender.

If Bristol City ever get a decent manager they've got enough going on there to get up.

Good stadium, good fanbase, good scouting.

Can't see it being this season, they're trash every time I see them.

• Like 1

Â