The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Top 3 currently are as I expected before a ball was kicked.

West Brom will finish Champions and I think if Leeds finish second (please no) then Fulham, with experience of past play-off' success, will join the other two.

However if Fulham manage to pip Leeds for auto's then I can see the latter imploding again and it's take your pick from any of the others in the play off positions.

7 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Please smash Leeds this weekend. That should give you guys a good chance of staying in contention.

Think a draw is the best we can hope for realistically,  even though we currently have better form than Leeds and WBA combined.

One other thing going for us is that we are much better away from home.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think I would rather take Leeds getting promoted over Lee ****ing Johnson.

The sight of him bashing one out over himself every week in his post match is not one I wish to see. He is insufferable as it is.

It's a tough one. I hate leeds but Bristol City jumped right to the top of my list. 

Don't think any other set of fans concerned themselves with our finances like them. They were all FFP super accountants. Obsessed. 

West Brom have a little buffer now but they arguably have the toughest run in of all the promotion chasing teams.

Home to Forest, Preston, SHA, Derby, Fulham.

Aways to bristol City, Swansea, Brentford, Sheff Weds, Blackburn.

Ten of their remaining 14. Can see them dropping points in a few of those.

Don't actually think they'll win the league, will probably have just enough to get 2nd.

They remind me a bit of under Mowbray. Some talented attacking players like Sawyers and Matheus Periera but they're pretty slow in central midfield and give away so many cheap goals at the back and rarely keep clean sheets. They'd be like Norwich.

Edited by VillaChris

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's a tough one. I hate leeds but Bristol City jumped right to the top of my list. 

Don't think any other set of fans concerned themselves with our finances like them. They were all FFP super accountants. Obsessed. 

Yes but the Leeds fans were experts on how to protest against owners along with FFP Knowledge 😂

Wednesday could find themselves in a relegation battle when their expected points deduction goes through, I think they were third around Christmas time. Also typical that Fulham are losing at home to Barnsley, feel like they and a few of the others might have missed their chance, as can see Leeds going on bit of run form from here.

35 minutes ago, useless said:

Wednesday could find themselves in a relegation battle when their expected points deduction goes through, I think they were third around Christmas time. Also typical that Fulham are losing at home to Barnsley, feel like they and a few of the others might have missed their chance, as can see Leeds going on bit of run form from here.

Have they got one coming?! They're in huge danger then.

Players totally downed tools after Monk had a go at them a few weeks ago.

It's been reported that they do, and it's expected to a big points deduction as well, at least double figures, something to do with them putting the sale of their ground in the wrong set of accounts or something, to make their finances look better than they actually are.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Have they got one coming?! They're in huge danger then.

Players totally downed tools after Monk had a go at them a few weeks ago.

Monk is a grade A clearing in the woods. Hopefully sacked soon 

Clubs calling for them amd Derby to be punished heavily. Bet Steve Gibson is leading the charge 

On 13/02/2020 at 23:19, VillaChris said:

Preston need to come up.

People talk about Leeds, Forest and Sheff Weds being long in the wilderness and that's true but PNE last played in top division in the early 60s!

They never replaced Tom Finney. Bobby Charlton even managed them once. Be nice to see Preston go up. Nearest biggish club to where I live now 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 23:25, Zatman said:

Preston lost a few play-off finals or at least got to play offs a few times in last 20 years or so. One of them teams that you would hope goes up as they have a great history but also fresh for fans

Preston are one of the only clubs with a worse playoff record than Bristol City.

Or at least that was the case before they won promotion from League 1 through the playoffs in 2014/15.

Think they were on something like 8 attempts and 0 promotions before then.

On 16/02/2020 at 23:25, Zatman said:

Preston lost a few play-off finals or at least got to play offs a few times in last 20 years or so. One of them teams that you would hope goes up as they have a great history but also fresh for fans

Deepdale is a very nice modern ground aswell. I went in 16/17 and we took nearly 6k there although they'd halve it for premier league.

Preston o.k city and pretty quick to get from the Midlands on the train.

Â