Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not completely sold - that pass completion rating is shocking, no matter how you dice it - but you could see tonight how thin the midfield was, and lo, no reinforcements available. 

At this point we need him. Good luck Mile!

Horses for courses - his strengths lie elsewhere and in areas we definitely need to improve.

Always interesting to hear of others teams fans gutted to be losing a player to us. Sounds like the days of a leaderless midfield are over.

• img_2738.jpg?resize=1024%2C681

PICTURE: Jedinak Snapped At Villa’s Training Ground Ahead Of Transfer Move

After nearly a week of intense speculation, it looks as though Mile Jedinak may well seal his move to Aston Villa today, after a picture emerged of the former Crystal Palace captain outside the Villains’ training ground.

Click here to see the picture of Jedinak in the Midlands ahead of an official announcement over his switch away from SE25.

Having been signed for the Eagles by Dougie Freedman following a recommendation from the Scotsman’s then assistant manager Tony Popovic, Jedinak quickly overcame what had been a difficult adjustment to life in South London, graduating to the role of club captain thanks to his countless heroic physical displays in the centre of our midfield.

Never the most technically gifted of footballers, Mile has always made up for what he lacks in finesse with leadership and desire; playing a pivotal role in both the club’s promotion via the play-offs in the 2013/14 season under Ian Holloway and our subsequent Premier League survival the following year with Tony Pulis at the helm.

Whilst few would suggest that the towering Australian’s game is well suited to the fast-paced environment of the English top flight, his mere presence at Palace both on and off the field is likely to be hugely missed by supporters and players alike, after a five-year stay that has coincided with a meteoric rise in our collective fortunes. 

Aston Villa will be getting themselves a player whose very make-up epitomises what you would expect from a club captain. Humble, driven, inspiring and above all else commanding, Mile Jedinak will always occupy a special place in the hearts of Palace fans who have watched him regularly in recent years. 

The picture attached at the top of the article would suggest that it is now just a matter of time until the big man is revealed holding a claret and blue shirt in front of Aston Villa’s emblem, but his departure from Crystal Palace will do nothing to dampen the respect and admiration our supporters have for him. 

He’ll be hugely missed. 

clicky

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Always interesting to hear of others teams fans gutted to be losing a player to us. Sounds like the days of a leaderless midfield are over.

clicky

I thought the headline mean't he'd got really annoyed about something at our training ground !

Can't say I've seen much of the bloke, but since the end of the season not a single day has gone by where I've not seen someone on here saying Jedinak is exactly what we need. 

For that reason, I'm excited about his signing. RDM really is creating a team full of leaders. 

He is one of those players that just does the dirty work.. i know when he plays for Australia.. he can be frustrating sometimes.. generally played alot better for Palace than Aus.. but when he didnt play.. wed miss his presence in midfield and leadership. We would have won yesterday he if played. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Can't say I've seen much of the bloke, but since the end of the season not a single day has gone by where I've not seen someone on here saying Jedinak is exactly what we need. 

For that reason, I'm excited about his signing. RDM really is creating a team full of leaders. 

I know, it's pissed me off.  Months ago I said his name, and I can't find the post anywhere, because I talk such copious amounts of bollocks in off topic.

I am not a clever man.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Not seen a lot of him , is he as good as some are expecting? Looking up his stats apart from tackling they are very poor , very much like sanchez?

I think he is exactly what we need in our midfield, stats are so often a very poor way to judge players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Not seen a lot of him , is he as good as some are expecting? Looking up his stats apart from tackling they are very poor , very much like sanchez?

For me it's purely that. We don't have one of them imo. Its not that he's good it's that he's solid and reliable unlike the rest of our powderpuff midfield

Â