Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...

I hope he won't be an integral part of our team next season.

Need a more dynamic and mobile player in that role, or even better a system where his role isn't needed as much.

Throw him in towards the end of games when defending a lead or wan't to fortify the defense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think Terry means we go to a back 3. And if we do that surely even defensive minded Bruce won't feel the need to have Jedinak in as well. 

You sure about that?

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think Terry means we go to a back 3. And if we do that surely even defensive minded Bruce won't feel the need to have Jedinak in as well. 

I'm not sure either. 

Think we could play terry in a back four with jedinak in front.

worst case scenario is jedinak dropping back and switching to a 3, without subs being required. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

not sure, Terry struggled with it in the games he played for Conte last season

So I guess that means we can have no expectations on the manager until he's back. 

While he was important last year, this could be a blessing in disguise. We need to have a more attacking approach and maybe an attacking midfielder instead of Jedinak sitting will help with that. 

In my view a holding MF is largely unnecessary in the Championship.

Yes away at maybe the best 6 or so other sides maybe. Yes to come on when you want to hold a lead for ten minutes,

But really it's the kind of League where, especially with the forward players we have, id prefer a "you score 2 we will score 3" approach.

And Id hope with the defence we now have it'd be more of a "you score at all we will score more".

Jedi excelled last year but we will never know whether he needed to because of the approach of the opposition or because of the approach of ourselves,

I hope we don't get the chance to see him excel this year, because if he does, it will mean we are likely on the receiving end !!

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In my view a holding MF is largely unnecessary in the Championship.

Yes away at maybe the best 6 or so other sides maybe. Yes to come on when you want to hold a lead for ten minutes,

But really it's the kind of League where, especially with the forward players we have, id prefer a "you score 2 we will score 3" approach.

And Id hope with the defence we now have it'd be more of a "you score at all we will score more".

Jedi excelled last year but we will never know whether he needed to because of the approach of the opposition or because of the approach of ourselves,

I hope we don't get the chance to see him excel this year, because if he does, it will mean we are likely on the receiving end !!

Completely disagree to be honest.

If you look at the teams who did well last year they all had that player.

Newcastle had Hayden (The best in the division).

Reading had Williams.

Huddersfield had Hogg. 

Brighton rotated between Sidwell and Kayal.

Fulham had McDonald.

Sheffield Wednesday had Hutchinson.

Not to mention when we played without Jedinak our team collapsed.

I think the difference between the teams above though and Jedinak though is the mobility, and we need a player who can clean up the mess but also be everywhere on the pitch too. 

• Like 2

Yup, there's an argument in favour. Especially for some sides lacking firepower, but others too.

But equally over the years loads have done well without.

In our case with our forward players I don't think we need it, certainly not at home or against bottom half teams.

My preferred option would be a midfield 2 from hourihane, Lansbury and Veretout (if he stays) with either grealish or McCormack behind the strikers. 

I'm not sure we will be much better and win more games by having a Jedinak or Whelan in there. 

That's unfortunate - I think we'll be going with a back three this season and I think he's our number four centre back. I think his footballing limitations aren't so exposed in the backline and I think he can be a success there for a season or two at this level.

1 minute ago, John said:

We struggle without Jedinak and by having him in front of the defence that will give Lansbury and Hourihane the freedom to get forward. 

Bang on the money for me . Also the addition of JT will allow the defence to push a few yards further up and allow us to play more on the front foot .

• Like 1

Â