• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Jedinak a doubt for Blackburn ! :);)

Here are our results when he doesn't play*

329dd1823b84635c559de99d46003142.png

No wins. 2pts from 21.

1338041441713008044.gif

*He only joined for week 5.

Really says it all regarding how unsustainable our current way of playing is.

Having to rely on a 33 y.o DCM sitting deep, deep, deep and heading away everything to no one and hoping Kodija scores something out of nothing will not get us promoted next season either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Really says it all regarding how unsustainable our current way of playing is.

Having to rely on a 33 y.o DCM sitting deep, deep, deep and heading away everything to no one and hoping Kodija scores something out of nothing will not get us promoted next season either.

According to whoscored.com, the heat map people, he has played 2/3 of his games (22) as a centre mid. As in, that's where his heat maps indicate he has played. So what you're saying has very little basis in truth. 

"We're being very negative of late, who can I blame for that?"

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to whoscored.com, the heat map people, he has played 2/3 of his games (22) as a centre mid. As in, that's where his heat maps indicate he has played. So what you're saying has very little basis in truth. 

"We're being very negative of late, who can I blame for that?"

Rhetorical question I guess, but I blame Bruce.

Well that's good that he's been playing a bit further up than I thought, bit surprised by this.

Does the heat mat say where he's had most of his ball touches? His passing stats? and how much ground he's been covering?

Might have to reevaluate my opinion of him if those also differ a great deal from what I've seen during the first half of the season.

As it stands thou I still find him very limited, much like Sanchez, a useful player when used the right way, but limited.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah ok. Couldn't see it in the thread.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I've no idea, just read it somewhere earlier today.

BOF said it at the top of this page.....

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

So it turns out according to Bruce, Jedi has been injured for the past 6 weeks. What a man! The fact he has played all this time tells me Bruce knows exactly how important he is to the side, and I'd suggest it also means Bruce knows we need at least a backup to him for next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

So it turns out according to Bruce, Jedi has been injured for the past 6 weeks. What a man! The fact he has played all this time tells me Bruce knows exactly how important he is to the side, and I'd suggest it also means Bruce knows we need at least a backup to him for next season. 

I'd rest him for remainder of the season to ensure he's 100% recovered for pre season.

also gives the fringe players chance to prove they're good enough. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:38, Nigel said:

I get what you are saying. I love also the extra security he gives the team.

However that security does come at a cost.

I like him as a player which is why id like to see if we can push him back; But as it is the system we play with him in midfield is too limited, unless the full back situation changed.

If we go a goal down currently its game over, you cant go up with that Achilles heel.

He didn't play and we were either worse going forward today.

Jedinak is not to blame imo for any forward deficiencies of which we have many.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:44, av1 said:

Which is the job of the defence. Look I'm not beating on Jedinak, there are times when he could be of benefit. I guess i dont like what he represents in Bruce's defensive set up. 

Small heath are shit, there was no need for someone like Jedinak today. All it does is invites pressure..

You still think that after the garbage today going forward?

Jedi does a terrific job.

And he has to the way we play, that's clear. 

One could argue that he is so good at what he does that when he's fit it makes sense to play a system that suits him ( although it would be fair to say that's quite a negative, careful approach).

What is crystal clear is that when he ISNT available the contortions we go through to try and play the same way are disastrous.

It is of great concern that with him unavailable, in a game with nothing to play for, we played Gardner and a shambolic cagey system rather than something that freed us up.

If - as hoped - Bruce intends to play a more front foot game next season it's reasonable to think he should've road tested it today.

Having slept on it......

I think I'm fooling myself that he will open us up more next year.

• Like 1

Â