UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is possibly the best place for this I guess. We've had the racists marching through Birmingham today in their most recent guise, the "Football Lads Alliance."

Personally speaking it sickens me to see Tommy Robinson trying to associate the EDL with football fans. I'd hoped we'd moved on from the times in the early eighties where the NF would try to recruit at grounds around the country. I think it would be nice if genuine supporter organisations were to distance themselves from these scumbags. The game isn't a playground for racists.

I have seen a few pictures on social media of Villa flags being carried during this march and Villa fans having their pictures took with Tommy Robinson. As you say it is not something I want my club, or football in general, associated with.

Trouble is football supporters play very much into these movements and there is no doubt there is a decent percentage of knuckle dragging racists that follow football. I also think after the referendum result more people now see it as fair game and socially acceptable to be more openly racist/xenophobic. I guess bottom line is this movement is just another thing to add to the list of why I don't like the way this country is heading.

I suppose it is on the rest of us to shout them down and make it known we don't want them associated with our club.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Speaking of Robinson I saw this the other week and couldn't get my breath.

It's actually funny how obviously staged it is and says it all about his follower's intelligence that they believe it.

Of course Robinson manages to show himself having a good go.

Edited by Wainy316

I've got a, previously very close, mate who has absolutely brainwashed himself with this Tommy Robinson shit.

He's always been a really nice guy, has a degree and a good job.  His Mrs left him a few years ago and he went into a spiral.  Lots of drinking and "partying", shagging loads of women - he's a handsome ****.  Then over the last few months he's started getting "angry about the state of the world" and saying he "can't stand by and watch all this happen".  He's been prone to going on weekend long benders, and often sitting up till the stupid hours watching YouTube.  I reckon that's where he's fallen down this rabbit hole.

His Facebook timeline is peppered with Tommy Robinson videos, and there's just no arguing with him.  He's all about the "Islamification" of Britain, and that he must be the devil incarnate because he's a straight white male and he "buys things in plastic packaging".  When he first started doing it I thought it was a wind up, as it was so out of character, but he's absolutely dead set on how PC has gone mad and we need to make drastic changes - deportation, Brexit, bringing back the death penalty.

It's getting pretty close to the point that I don't know if I can be mates with him.

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've got a, previously very close, mate who has absolutely brainwashed himself with this Tommy Robinson shit.

He's always been a really nice guy, has a degree and a good job.  His Mrs left him a few years ago and he went into a spiral.  Lots of drinking and "partying", shagging loads of women - he's a handsome ****.  Then over the last few months he's started getting "angry about the state of the world" and saying he "can't stand by and watch all this happen".  He's been prone to going on weekend long benders, and often sitting up till the stupid hours watching YouTube.  I reckon that's where he's fallen down this rabbit hole.

His Facebook timeline is peppered with Tommy Robinson videos, and there's just no arguing with him.  He's all about the "Islamification" of Britain, and that he must be the devil incarnate because he's a straight white male and he "buys things in plastic packaging".  When he first started doing it I thought it was a wind up, as it was so out of character, but he's absolutely dead set on how PC has gone mad and we need to make drastic changes - deportation, Brexit, bringing back the death penalty.

It's getting pretty close to the point that I don't know if I can be mates with him.

Its a tough call isn't it. Obviously the first point of call is the challenge the nonsense, which you've done, then the next step has to be to move away from the friendship

It's always hard to let go of a friendship. It would be easier if racists were awful people all the time, but it's true that they aren't, at least to people who look like them and they view as 'one of us'. However, if the guy is truly beyond persuasion, and even beyond rational discussion, the only way you can demonstrate that his opinion is unacceptable is not to accept being around it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is possibly the best place for this I guess. We've had the racists marching through Birmingham today in their most recent guise, the "Football Lads Alliance."

Personally speaking it sickens me to see Tommy Robinson trying to associate the EDL with football fans. I'd hoped we'd moved on from the times in the early eighties where the NF would try to recruit at grounds around the country. I think it would be nice if genuine supporter organisations were to distance themselves from these scumbags. The game isn't a playground for racists.

Yes, it's actually made me angrier than I thought.. They are dragging the sport I love through the mud, and in doing to associating me as a football fan with their deranged point of view. 

There are 2 groups. Democratic Football Lads Alliance and Football Lads Alliance and though the on pretends not to be as racist as the other. The evidence I have seen is they are both idiot EDL copyists. 

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I have similar situations to this but unfortunately with about a dozen friends/family. Possibly more actually.

I have challenged a number of them, banged my head against a brick wall, been verbally abused, and now have cut a number of them lose and have nothing to do with them. I have not seen what I considered good friends for years due to their warp views on foreigners especially Muslims.

As @HanoiVillan said earlier it is a shame though as on a lot of levels these are nice people.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

?

Remember how dank Cash for Questions was, Neil?

If you can't tag fully half of your new recruits because they've been removed from Twitter for hate-speech reasons, well, you must be doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, choffer said:

'Following the verdict, former politician Bill Mountford told BBC Suffolk he still considered Searle "a friend", adding "these things happen".

Mr Mountford, who was leader of UKIP at Suffolk County Council when Searle was a councillor, said: "I still regard Steve as fundamentally a decent man who has found himself in circumstances beyond his control.

"I'm not condoning it in any way but I was very, very sad to hear of Steve's conviction.

"I'm well aware domestic disputes can get out of hand but I feel equally sorry for both Steve and his now deceased wife."'

?

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not sure where the best place to post this is

My immediate thought when seeing the freeze frame of TR was nowhere

Then I watched it and (even though I'm a regular basher of the BBC) I would say everywhere

I especially enjoyed the woman in the red top who obviously got to Trafalgar Square and realised she'd turned up at a right-wing rally and that it was nothing to do with justice at all.

Top marks to the sweary dutch guy. No one said racists can't be funny :D

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Definitely in here, given there seems to have been a far-right entryist plot into the party in recent months. 

Hmm, I'd called it the other way around.

UKIP have been looking for a new base support since the brexit leavers had got what they wanted and left, so now UKIP are pitching themselves directly to the far right football boys and straightforward racist pensioners. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmm, I'd called it the other way around.

UKIP have been looking for a new base support since the brexit leavers had got what they wanted and left, so now UKIP are pitching themselves directly to the far right football boys and straightforward racist pensioners. 

I don't see it makes much difference, but the party was drifting around rudderlessly after the referendum. They had several different leaders, each of whom took them in different directions. I don't think it really makes sense to view, eg. Diane James as being up to exactly the same game as this Batten chap. I don't think it's a case of people with a plan recruiting rightists, I think it's more a case of UKIP being quite a large ghost ship adrift in fairly right-wing waters and the fash getting to it faster than anyone else. 

Much of a muchness in the end, though. 

It's interesting, as it means that UKIP is now into it's fourth distinct generation of political ideology:

1 - the Alan Sked-style constitutional obsessives who founded the party;

2 - the Robert Kilroy-Silk-style 'libertarian' types who were refugees from Veritas and other similar attempts to bring libertarianism to the UK;

3 - the disaffected right-wing Tory, Mark Reckless type who were the vast majority of the membership in the leadup to 2016;

4 - now the actual fash who are replacing the type 3's, who have moved back en bloc to the Tories. The fash appear to be emerging from two directions - on the one hand, actual BNP and EDL types who are notionally forbidden from joining but who are accompanying figures like Anne Marie Waters into the party, and on the other hand, the 'comedic' 'alt-right' types like Milo and Count **** Dankula who try to hide their obvious far right politics under layers of shit 'jokes'. 

All of the four groups were crap in their own ways, but I have to say type 4 are the worst yet. 

• Like 1

Â