UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It does depend on your definition of 'fascist', though to be clear in my initial post I referred not only to fascists but also 'alt-right' and 'far right' figures. With that in mind, I am absolutely including Steve Bannon's 25-minute interview, an interview with Beatrix von Storch in June, and several times that Raheem Kassam and Gerard Batten have been on*. Of course, Newsnight is just one outlet and as @StefanAVFC pointed out earlier, Raheem Kassam was allowed to present himself as some sort of legal expert without challenge this week on the Today programme, for a more timely example. 

*Note that I'm limiting myself here to a] segments I can remember, b] 2018 and c] only those people associated with UKIP who seem to have a genuine fondness for the far right (ie, not including eg Diane James or Nigel Farage). 

Ah, yes the Bannon one I saw - they interviewed him about Trump and America. I found it interesting. I've not seem Farage or James on Newsnight, and I'm not sure James would get anywhere near (my) definition of fascist. The other 2 UKIPs you mention...nope, no idea who they are or any recollection...but then again, I'd have turned it off anyway.

Accepting your view of fascist might be different, I make that at most 3 in 7 months, and one of those all about the USA and not UK. Personally I wouldn't give the UKIps (or further right types) any airtime, as they represent practically no-one and have nothing interesting to say or add.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ah, yes the Bannon one I saw - they interviewed him about Trump and America. I found it interesting. I've not seem Farage or James on Newsnight, and I'm not sure James would get anywhere near (my) definition of fascist. The other 2 UKIPs you mention...nope, no idea who they are or any recollection...but then again, I'd have turned it off anyway.

Accepting your view of fascist might be different, I make that at most 3 in 7 months, and one of those all about the USA and not UK. Personally I wouldn't give the UKIps (or further right types) any airtime, as they represent practically no-one and have nothing interesting to say or add.

They did have that Polish journalist on but as I cant recall his name I cant link to his rather colourful views on islam and Muslims. 

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

As I keep saying, I am not limiting that list to 'fascists', a group which I accept has a limited description, but also 'far right' and 'alt-right' figures. I mentioned Diane James not to call her a fascist, but to specifically give her as an example of someone I'm excluding from (even) this (expanded) designation. 

I do agree with your last sentence though. 

EDIT: . . . also, it's amusing (genuinely, I'm not having a dig) that even someone as fairly politically interested as you are/seem to be hasn't recognised that Batten is literally the leader of the party!

Edited by HanoiVillan

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

EDIT: . . . also, it's amusing (genuinely, I'm not having a dig) that even someone as fairly politically interested as you are/seem to be hasn't recognised that Batten is literally the leader of the party!

Whose turn will it be next week, I wonder

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

even someone as fairly politically interested as you are/seem to be hasn't recognised that Batten is literally the leader of the party!

TBH, idgas about the UKIPs. They don't really exist any more in any meaningful form. Once upon a time I might have remembered who the leaders were  0 that Paul Nuttal and Farage and James for about a week, but since then....wevs.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

funny thing is, whilst Yaxley Lennon was in prison he was the wife

Wouldn’t that make him  Yaxley Ono   ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i hope this is all some sort of elaborate plan to give him a proper trial and have a judge find him guilty and send him back

It's not an elaborate plan, it's the law being applied correctly. He will face a retrial, where he may get a longer or shorter sentence but his guilt is pretty much without doubt

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, the audience previously captured by the BNP and the NF

Not quite I think.

They've courted the 'alt right' movement for a while, and that's a different kind of rabid right wing audience to the BNP and the like. It's more nuanced and cynical than the old school racist nationalist side of things.

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Genuinely conflicted. Leading Kipper calls Kay Burley an effing cnut in a live interview. I guess even a-holes can be right sometimes. 

I am all for this, any names as I cant find any reference using any of the above search terms

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Genuinely conflicted. Leading Kipper calls Kay Burley an effing cnut in a live interview. I guess even a-holes can be right sometimes. 

It's kicking off on Twitter between her and UKIP, I'd post tweets but they contain the naughty words and I don't want to have to sit myself on the step.

Â