International Football General Chat

villa4europe

• 3 weeks later...

The report from US makes Gio Reyna parents look like sexist, spoiled clowns and have cleared Berhalter. 

Have probably killed the kids chances of signing for a major club as clubs wont want to touch him

I think I just read that Croatia have never lost a European qualifier at home? What???! How?! Ridiculous. And against my little Wales tonight that ain't gonna change, especially with the Modric wizard still in midfield. Boo. 

Croatia's last 36 home Euro qualifiers: 

W 34,  D 2,  L 0

Wow. Before tonight Croatia had won 34, drawn 1 and lost 0 European qualifiers at home.

So what a result for Wales! Nice to get the hardest match out of the way first and snatch a point from it.  : )

But if we qualify I just hope we end up playing better in the tournament than we did in our very disappointing world cup (despite no Bale anymore). Fingers crossed...

Edited by robby b
Misinterpeted the BBC match report :s

9 hours ago, robby b said:

Croatia's home Euro qualifiers: 

P 36:   W 34,  D 2,  L 0

Wow. Before tonight Croatia had won 34, drawn 1 and lost 0 European qualifiers at home in their history. 

So what a result for Wales! Nice to get the hardest match out of the way first and snatch a point from it.  : )

But if we qualify I just hope we end up playing better in the tournament than we did in our very disappointing world cup (despite no Bale anymore). Fingers crossed...

I dont think that stat is true, they have drawn a few games at home in qualification but not lost

• Thanks 1

Fantastic result for wales but it really was a smash and grab draw, Croatia missed umpteen chances and Perisic almost scored a van basten-esque volley which smacked the bar.

Sadly without Bale, Allen et al we looked exactly as I feared we would, toothless. Didn’t help that Brennan Johnson withdrew of course. Gonna be a tough few years for wales I think and there isn’t a lot coming through from the youth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont think that stat is true, they have drawn a few games at home in qualification but not lost

Ah, you're right, they had drawn a few before last night, not just one. I just checked their Euros qualifying home results going back to 1995. Last night I read this in the BBC match report:

"Croatia had previously won 34 and drawn one home European qualifier"

But I didn't consider the possibility of them having played some other home European qualifiers before those 35. Apologies.

Edited by robby b

On 15/03/2023 at 17:22, Zatman said:

Its so.obvious who the FA will go for. Be probably Lampard first because he is a Londoner

How about both. They could....nah, the FA can't find a way to have them as coaches together. 

Looks like the Kazakhstan-Denmark game is played on a synthetic turf pitch. Didn't think that was allowed by UEFA. Looks like a really lush and shiny door mat.

Â