Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Just leave it Dave. We could post a picture of Ross guzzling a can of special brew at BMH spewing his ring up with Bruce holding his hair back, and you would still say, Oh but why aren't the club doing anything.

Countless people who know the score, even our own Trent Villa has said Bruce has no blame here what so ever.

The club has done everything and offered him everything. He's a drunk and a busted flush. He doesn't want help.

Don't bother.

You can tell Dave the answer to his questions over and over again and he'll just ignore you and keep asking them.

He's had the "Why won't Bruce offer Ross an olive branch?" answer a hundred times (as in, Ross HAS been offered an olive branch and he didn't take it. Simple right?). Yet he still ignores it and comes back asking. I can't see his posts anymore but I guarantee he's asked it in the past few pages.

Do yourself a favour and ignore him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't bother.

You can tell Dave your opinion on his questions over and over again and he'll just ignore you and keep asking them.

He's had the "Why won't Bruce offer Ross an olive branch?" answer a hundred times (as in, Ross HAS been offered an olive branch and he didn't take it. Simple right?). Yet he still ignores it and comes back asking. I can't see his posts anymore but I guarantee he's asked it in the past few pages.

Do yourself a favour and ignore him.

Fixed.

• Like 1

I think that Bruce bringing up the gate thing in the press probably wasn’t the right call. I get why he did it, some players respond to criticism, a “I’ll show him” attitude to prove them wrong. 

Unfortunately, Ross isn’t that sort of character. So in that sense, I think Bruce may have wished he handled it differently. Ross’ stock didn’t exactly go up after that press conference, so the chances of us moving him on permanently were greatly reduced.

Having said that, it’s ultimately Ross’ fault. There are other, more legitimate complaints to be levelled against Bruce. 

All things considered, a worse signing than N’Zogbia. I honestly didn’t think that would be possible.

I blame Bruce for a whole lot..... However I 100% backed him with RMC and for those talking up his goals in Oz, penalties, a couple of free kicks and and a couple of good goals in the A-league. I love my league, but compared to the UK, it's probably league 1/2 standard.

So RMC was ripping it up in the lower half of league 1, wow, absolutely earning his 35k + a week.

I do feel for him regarding his personal issues, but as someone who also has suffered from mental illness, it is not an excuse to be a lazy, sulky word removed.

He took the easy way out and got paid for it, I don't want Steve B as the manager but I can in no way find a way to blame him for the charlatans behaviour....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In this case it's not opinion. 

Stevo, everything on this board regarding Bruce is opinion, my opinion is Bruce has handled Ross McCormack dreadfully, if it were in the realms of normality occupational health would have been involved if Ross had a drinking issue where it affected his work life and mental health, if your boss aired the washing with regards to you in the same manner he'd be nailed to the suggestion book and/or kicked out the door.

Regardless of his indiscretions the whole matter has been a farce from start to finish with Bruce squarely to blame. 

In my opinion of course.

23 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Stevo, everything on this board regarding Bruce is opinion, my opinion is Bruce has handled Ross McCormack dreadfully, if it were in the realms of normality occupational health would have been involved if Ross had a drinking issue where it affected his work life and mental health, if your boss aired the washing with regards to you in the same manner he'd be nailed to the suggestion book and/or kicked out the door.

Regardless of his indiscretions the whole matter has been a farce from start to finish with Bruce squarely to blame. 

In my opinion of course.

That's fine.

But the point you were arguing was my opinion, was that Ross McCormack had been given a chance.

He has. This is not my opinion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's fine.

But the point you were arguing was my opinion, was that Ross McCormack had been given a chance.

He has. This is not my opinion.

When? Has he even been in the squad since his public flogging by Bruce? 

I only have this opinion because this matter is very close to home for me and when I went through a similar situation, the last thing I needed or wanted was to be ostracized and carted off to the other side of the world. From the outside looking in, it's not football Ross needs it's counseling of some description. 

At the end of the day our opinions and hearsay count for nothing as we actually know nothing, until Ross leaves we'll only ever have Bruce's gate gate story to go on.

(For what it's worth, I don't rate McCormack anyway)

• Like 1

I htink given his goal scoring record it's interesting that no championship or league 1 teams seem to have been in for him, normally towards the end of transfer window's clubs take a punt on previously successful 'problem' players. the lack of any links for him suggests there could be more to this than meets the eye (or pint glass).

• Like 1

On 13/09/2018 at 07:58, A'Villan said:

Perhaps Bruce is partly responsible for a breakdown in relations and anyone speculating that to be the case is just exploring the idea that amends might be made, rather than looking for another excuse to shoot Bruce down, they simply would be open to the inclusion of a player more than capable at this level.

Yeah this, it had nothing to do with wanting to criticize Bruce, there are a thousand other things to criticize him about.

We pay his wages and will do so for the next 2 years, we're not particularly loaded with strikers, he's been one of the best players this league had seen before he joined us etc etc. We're just exploring whether or not he could be reintegrated as he could be an asset if given a chance. Someone to have on the bench, god knows we're in need of some attackers on there.

Honestly getting tired of people policing comments and seeing unnecessary Bruce bashing where there is none. Yeah, people mention Bruce... that's because he's the **** manager and responsible for a whole lot at AVFC including how he handles players. Doesn't mean people are saying he's 100% to blame for the situation. People are even having to qualify "I'm not saying he's 100% to blame" ffs

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce is not going to write off a £12m 'asset', the club would not let him write off a £12m 'asset' if there was any other way. This thread absolute **** madness.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

McCormack is done here.

Get over it.

That's not even the simplest explanation, but okay.

I guess Ritchie De Laet is also a drunk, irredeemable, disruptive influence because he can't get a look in despite being more than competent.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes, it is. The owners of the club are not going to go along with it unless the issue is on Ross' side. It is that simple.

Like I said, I raise you RDL (which actually hurts the team) and potentially Albert Adomah. We've seen it with previous regimes too, like with current cult hero Alan Hutton who barely played any football for 2 years once. It happens all the time. I'm sure Bruce would walk if he was forced to use a player he didn't want to because another manager spent a lot of money on him.

Â