Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 13/09/2018 at 23:04, weedman said:

Pretty sure I've responded to this exact comment about a year ago but the olive branch WAS handed out in much the same way as it was to your favourite player, it's just one of them upped their game, trained hard, got fit, lost weight and actually made an effort to rectify his mistakes, the other one is Ross McCormack, who did none of those things, even skipping training with an excuse on a par with "the dog ate my homework" and continued in much the same way. However, despite that was still brought back into the team the following season, given his chance in pre season, where the whole purpose is to get fit and ready for the upcoming season, and CONTINUED showing zero effort or interest in playing, clearly nowhere near fit to play, before being dropped again and shipped out on loan to a league no better than league 2 (at best) where he scored a few penalties and generally failed to achieve much at a standard where if he had any chance of contributing to our team he should be absolutely destroying

Where is the evidence that he isn't being supported? Have you ever heard the expression "you can't help people that won't help themselves"?

Anyway, I'll be back in this thread later to respond to you demanding to know why Ross McCormack hasn't been given another chance when Gabby was

Please do tell why? Has he really done anything worse than rendering yourself unavailable for selection during the clubs hour of need.

On 13/09/2018 at 23:04, weedman said:

Anyway, I'll be back in this thread later to respond to you demanding to know why Ross McCormack hasn't been given another chance when Gabby was

:D

Every couple of pages. Same question. Same answer.

Guarantee he'll ignore it.

And repeat.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

:D

Every couple of pages. Same question. Same answer.

Guarantee he'll ignore it.

And repeat.

Could someone please tell @stevo  if she has no interests in my comments why keep replying through a third party - @stevo you beggers belief at times.

move on forget about me 

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

"please do tell why the season we got relegated"? I don't get it 

Ok - as you ask 

Striker A = local boy so called Villa fan - renders himself unfit to play during his  clubs hour of need  Most professionals somehow manage to keep themselves fit to play football unless injured. striker A was allegedly  seen partying in London as his team mates relegation was confirmed 

Following season new head coach arrived and clearly shows he is not interested in striker A and tried to send him on loan 

New coach has difficult start to season and is removed from office - further new coach arrives and offers olive branch to striker A ( no problem with this) although as expected Striker A does nothing to improve team during struggling January period.

Striker B = arrives on big money move - most fans surprised seems to be carrying a bit of timber - but does manage to show glimpses of quality - 

coach who signed striker B removed from office and replaced by new coach - new coach has issues with striker B  - striker B bombed out of squad   - but remains available for selection - striker B then goes across the other side of the world to play in a league which offers nothing more than a hiding to nothing but went regardless and scored a few goals  and regained some fitness levels - then returns to parent club  and promptly sent on gardening leave for two weeks - despite still being fit enough to be available for selection 

Striker B remains isolated from squad amid rumours surrounding personal circumstances - no sign of olive branch to striker B - despite still being available for selection.

is it really so difficult to understand why I struggle with this - I blame both striker B and coach for this impasse - but really has striker B behaved any worse than striker A ? 

20 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Ok - as you ask 

Striker A = local boy so called Villa fan - renders himself unfit to play during his  clubs hour of need  Most professionals somehow manage to keep themselves fit to play football unless injured. striker A was allegedly  seen partying in London as his team mates relegation was confirmed 

Following season new head coach arrived and clearly shows he is not interested in striker A and tried to send him on loan 

New coach has difficult start to season and is removed from office - further new coach arrives and offers olive branch to striker A ( no problem with this) although as expected Striker A does nothing to improve team during struggling January period.

Striker B = arrives on big money move - most fans surprised seems to be carrying a bit of timber - but does manage to show glimpses of quality - 

coach who signed striker B removed from office and replaced by new coach - new coach has issues with striker B  - striker B bombed out of squad   - but remains available for selection - striker B then goes across the other side of the world to play in a league which offers nothing more than a hiding to nothing but went regardless and scored a few goals  and regained some fitness levels - then returns to parent club  and promptly sent on gardening leave for two weeks - despite still being fit enough to be available for selection 

Striker B remains isolated from squad amid rumours surrounding personal circumstances - no sign of olive branch to striker B - despite still being available for selection.

is it really so difficult to understand why I struggle with this - I blame both striker B and coach for this impasse - but really has striker B behaved any worse than striker A ? 

OK so the question was "why wasn't he handed an olive branch?" which is the same question you've asked 200 times and the question I literally answered in the post you quoted 

I'm out 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

OK so the question was "why wasn't he handed an olive branch?" which is the same question you've asked 200 times and the question I literally answered in the post you quoted 

I'm out 

But you have not weedman - all you have done is repeated yourself - you have not answered the question all you said was striker A got fit - but  Striker B was never unfit. You have not answered  my points 

look let's be fair - we won't agree on this - I'm no huge fan of Striker B despite believing he is a good footballer  and clearly he  needs to look in the mirror - all I have ever said is that it puzzles me that Bruce offers one but not the other ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

But you have not weedman - all you have done is repeated yourself - you have not answered the question all you said was striker A got fit - but  Striker B was never unfit. You have not answered  my points 

look let's be fair - we won't agree on this - I'm no huge fan of Striker B despite believing he is a good footballer  and clearly he  needs to look in the mirror - all I have ever said is that it puzzles me that Bruce offers one but not the other ?

Oh my god

THEY BOTH GOT GIVEN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY. 

Gabby worked hard but ultimately wasn't good enough to feature regularly, Ross probably had the talent to play regularly, but didn't take the chance THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM by not working hard, not putting in the training, not showing the right attitude and on at least 1 occasion not showing up at all. Only then was he shipped out, he has since continued not showing anything, not putting in any effort and not upping his game, so he continues to not feature. 

There is literally no other way for me to say it, so that's it, I'm completely done with this conversation now, and your response to this, which will of course be to demand to know why he hasn't been given a chance, will not be replied to again. I've said my bit and I'm out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weedman said:

Oh my god

Gabby worked hard but ultimately wasn't good enough to feature regularly, Ross probably had the talent to play regularly, but didn't take the chance THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM by not working hard, not putting in the training, not showing the right attitude and on at least 1 occasion not showing up at all. Only then was he shipped out, he has since continued not showing anything, not putting in any effort and not upping his game, so he continues to not feature. 

There is literally no other way for me to say it, so that's it, I'm completely done with this conversation now, and your response to this, which will of course be to demand to know why he hasn't been given a chance, will not be replied to again. I've said my bit and I'm out 

You know what weedman - I respect your response - I don't agree but that's what forums are about at least you have not thrown out your dummy and chosen to ignore me - just because I don't share your view ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weedman said:

Oh my god

Told you ;) 

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

Could someone please tell @stevo  if she has no interests in my comments why keep replying through a third party - @stevo you beggers belief at times.

move on forget about me 

You'll get used to it, he had an obsession with me too at one time and again this season everytime I commented on Tuanzebe thread, low and behold he would respond.

I found it flattering.  :)

I am sure he means well?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Why is this thread still getting bumped out of interest?

We have Bolaise, Abraham, Kodj, Jack, Adomah, El Ghazi, Hogan and Davis all as attacking options for the next manager to crack on with so don't really understand why anyone would want him back in contention.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Why is this thread still getting bumped out of interest?

We have Bolaise, Abraham, Kodj, Jack, Adomah, El Ghazi, Hogan and Davis all as attacking options for the next manager to crack on with so don't really understand why anyone would want him back in contention.

Salifou Syndrome.

The longer a player is out of the side the better he becomes.

It's Ross' turn.

• Like 1

Â