Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 29/10/2017 at 07:38, Tommo_b said:

Have I missed something? Has Ross turned into an alcoholic now? I thought he just had mental issues going on? 

Don’t know why you assume the two are mutually exclusive. So often go together in fact. 

It's good to see him get back in the groove somewhat but let's see what he can do in open play. 2 free kicks and 1 penalty thus far.

Be interesting to see what he can do this week against the reigning premiers who had the stingiest defence in A League history last season.

On 31/10/2017 at 13:09, briny_ear said:

Don’t know why you assume the two are mutually exclusive. So often go together in fact. 

Well no that’s not what I meant but why do we assume he is an alcoholic if he has mental health issues? 

On 01/11/2017 at 19:48, Tommo_b said:

Well no that’s not what I meant but why do we assume he is an alcoholic if he has mental health issues? 

I thought it was quite widely accepted? Not necessarily “an alcoholic” but alcohol-related issues.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should we not be at least trying Ross again?

Even as someone to come off the bench. Kodjia is struggling, Hogan is a bust as we can't rely on a 19 year old to play every game and get us up. 

Yes we should. December and January are a really busy time in the championship, and we will need players. If Ross comes back and wants to prove himself, he at least deserves a chance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if we are able to recall him to help with the striker problem?

Now hes fit and has regained a bit of confidence he could be useful, especially as he would be pretty much guaranteed pitch time.

Just now, Nigel said:

Wonder if we are able to recall him to help with the striker problem?

Now hes fit and has regained a bit of confidence he could be useful, especially as he would be pretty much guaranteed pitch time.

Probably couldn't get out of the gate at the airport :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Bruce had a recall option he needs to let bygones be bygones

Mccormack was talking about how his kids are still in england and that was tough. I am sure he would come back if bruce tried to squash their "beef"

But Bruce seems to me the type that will be stubborn and would rather play himself up top than call someone thats irritated him back.  

Achilles injury according to the E&S and no recall option anyway.

bringing forgotten man McCormack in from the cold is not an option for boss Steve Bruce, even were he minded to do so, with the terms of the loan agreement meaning Villa cannot recall the £12million man from Down Under before the January transfer window opens.

McCormack has scored four goals in six games since joining Melbourne on loan in September, though the Scot sat out Friday’s 3-1 defeat to Brisbane with an Achilles injury.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/11/17/ross-mccormack-recall-not-an-option-for-aston-villa/

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

No recall on a 3 month loan to the other side of the world seems reasonable to me tbf. Anyway, I would back our squad to have more than enough replacement to deal with the loss of Kodja. 

But what's the point for us?

We've paid millions to sign him, we must be paying most of his wages and we don't allow ourselves the option to actually want him to play for us. Makes no sense. 

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But what's the point for us?

We've paid millions to sign him, we must be paying most of his wages and we don't allow ourselves the option to actually want him to play for us. Makes no sense. 

You seem surprised. The way this club has been run for the last 7 years I expect poor decisions on a regular basis. The first poor decision was to sign him in the first place for that kind of money.

Why would we put a recall option in when we are a club that sold off it's strikeforce last January despite knowing that Jonathan Kodjia was going to be at the Afcon all month?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Honestly, why on earth would we agree to that  

**** hell we make some daft decisions sometimes. 

Yep it's foolish and boy do we need him now. I think he would thrive with Davis holding the ball up for him

Â