Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Why loan a player to your possible promotion rivals? I don't buy the they are not promotion candidates theory. Underestimate other teams at your own peril.

Who cares if Sunderland are in a mess and somehow can't afford a transfer fee up front instead of a loan despite receiving a massive parachute payment.... Boohoo are we doing other teams favors now?

Please tell me the club will at least put a clause in where he can't play against us and that they are paying 100% of his wages with a future fee agreed.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Sunderland are in a complete mess at the moment and I imagine they won't be investing in players much at all this season. Grayson to give them a solid season to build upon next year, by which time I imagine the owner will hope he has got rid of the club 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Xia is no mug. Any deal we get will be in our best interests.

I agree the Doc will get the best deal available, but it'll still be a shafting. 

I can't imagine we'd get enough in loan fees and wage payments to cover the depreciation over his contract. If we are going to take a hit I'd rather try and sell him now. Goals are a valuable commodity, there must be a team somewhere getting a bit desperate, with £6/7m to spend. 

It's probably the one I'm most disappointed about, I was delighted when we got him. Thought he'd be a great buy. 

Let's remember we massively overpaid for him at his age...players like Hogan and Kodjia in their mid 20s at least have resale value if things don't work out...McCormack at pretty much 30 dosen't so I'd say 4m for him is pretty good going and based on his previous reputation at Leeds and Fulham which might be distant glory days now.

It all adds up...3m for Sanchez, 7m for McCormack and Elphick, 5m for Veretout (has he actually left). If Amavi had left that would've been 25m for those five players.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Trust Bruce with this. Done nothing here or at Forest so if a loan where they pick up some wages is all we can get I'll take it.

Yes seems  waste to me when he was a player that had a proven goal scoring record but obviously theres other things going on and his face never fitted under Bruce. 

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Should be afforded more opportunity to show his worth - clearly the most intelligent forward thinking attacking player we have.

Couldn't agree more

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Why loan a player to your possible promotion rivals? I don't buy the they are not promotion candidates theory. Underestimate other teams at your own peril.

Who cares if Sunderland are in a mess and somehow can't afford a transfer fee up front instead of a loan despite receiving a massive parachute payment.... Boohoo are we doing other teams favors now?

Please tell me the club will at least put a clause in where he can't play against us and that they are paying 100% of his wages with a future fee agreed.

A loaned player has never been able to play against the parent club.

This runs deeper that football matters. Mental health the issue. Hope he recovers for his families sake.

I also don't get this promotion rival stuff. Every rival is going to have a striker, whether is comes from us or not.

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Everyone knows Ross is not going to have a 20 goal season again. Even Sunderland are cautious if this is just a loan.

Exactly they don't want to spend 7m and big wages if he has a hopeless season like last. Was hoping holloway would come in after talking about his much he rates him

• Like 1

Â