Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Training with the reserves according to Talk Sport today. They have also claimed he was told to apologise to the boss, the club and to the fans but he has as yet chosen not to do so. 

Somebody also claimed he was on his way to Bristol City but could not get past the Ashton Gate! :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John said:

Training with the reserves according to Talk Sport today. They have also claimed he was told to apologise to the boss, the club and to the fans but he has as yet chosen not to do so. 

Somebody also claimed he was on his way to Bristol City but could not get past the Ashton Gate! :)

What a bell. If he doesn't get a transfer this window I'm sure he'll come out with an "honest and heartfelt" apology to everyone around February 1st

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Aren't the playing staff insured to protect the club in instances like this?

no expert on these matters either, but i think it's if they have a career ending injury or something...i.e. i suspect we might have been able to claim some insurance payout for petrov for example

I was a fan of RMC when he came to the club but the recent events are just embarrassing. Bruce is right to drop him. I would much prefer to see him pull his finger out and start recreating the form that cost us 12 million quid in the summer. Refusing to train and coming up with pathetic excuses about broken gates while he sits on his lazy ass makes me very angry. By all means get rid of him as he is not (obviously) fit to wear the shirt but who is going to pay anywhere near what we did to take him off our hands?  

Edited by supermario

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

Apparently Fulham players have been vocal about not wanting him back...seems he's just a dickhead no matter where he goes. I wonder why we weren't able to suss out that fact prior to signing him.

My Leeds supporting friends tell me he pulled similar stunts there. 

2 hours ago, supermario said:

I was a fan of RMC when he came to the club but the recent events are just embarrassing. Bruce is right to drop him. 

Firstly, welcome to the site. 

I've been one of his biggest supporters tbh. Even though things haven't clicked for him as yet, I've argued with fans that its all down to our shocking midfield, and once that's sorted Ross will be a big player for us. 

But, i genuinely think we've had a discipline problem for to long at this club and the attitude of some of our players over the last few years has been nothing short of disgraceful. So my tolerance to player behaviour is at an all time low, and i would now gladly sell him. Is that too reactionary? Maybe, but attitude is everything in this game, and seemingly McCormack's stinks. 

The club has been to soft, with to many, for far to long. 

I think Tony said some time ago, that he only wanted to sign players of good character. Its disappointing it is all coming out now, especially how we paid over to hijack him from Derby's grasp.

He had a good run at Fulham, and it was every indication he was going to be a great signing for us.

Unfortunately, the only form he has been consistent with is his off field form. Rangers, Leeds, Fulham, and now us have had to suffer this fool, and we are literally paying the price for it.

Game form comes and goes, and that warrants an amount of patience and encouragement. If, however, you are a prick off the field taking everyone who is there to support you as mugs, then you deserve the contempt from the manager, team mates, and supporters of this club.

You are on your own.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, supermario said:

I'm not a huge fan of Gabby tbh but RMC could take a leaf out of his book right now and attempt to try and turn things around otherwise he does needs to go.   

That's far too balanced an opinion. Don't worry, this rabble will find a box for you eventually ;)

Welcome to VT!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supermario said:

Thank for the welcome!

My thoughts exactly as regards discipline within the club.  

Even Bruce has mentioned it recently with the McCormack situation. It's a case of de ja vu again. I would love to see RMC pick up his dummy now and see what he is made of with these new signings behind him. I don't believe it to be too reactionary to sell him if he carries on with this attitude. Something has to change. Hopefully Bruce will instil some discipline. It's been an obvious problem for a while. Just look at last season.  I'm not a huge fan of Gabby tbh but RMC could take a leaf out of his book right now and attempt to try and turn things around otherwise he does needs to go.   

Welcome!

I too hope SB can turn it around with him. He's an expensive asset that is now devalued, but perhaps only temporarily. He's proven he has goals in him in this division.

You never know - with new midfielders, it might just give him a second chance to thrive.

• Like 1

I hope he apologises and sorts himself out at training. I think he could be brilliant with our new midfield behind him. I often thought he was trying to do too much in midfield because they were useless, which in turn made him lose the freedom to attack. He should have that freedom to attack now if he was to play.

• Like 1

We now have a midfield strong enough to play 2 in there. I want him to get his head right apologise and show his worth. Give me a choice of Jack or Ross with Kodija and I'd take Ross every day. If he doesn't leave Bruce has to reintegrate him. 

I have zero tolerance and patience for senior players not being able to act like professionals.

Too many like him in the last couple of seasons here, we can't afford to have him or anyone else draining the club of energy, money and focus.

Find a way to get rid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We now have a midfield strong enough to play 2 in there. I want him to get his head right apologise and show his worth. Give me a choice of Jack or Ross with Kodija and I'd take Ross every day. If he doesn't leave Bruce has to reintegrate him. 

He's burnt his bridges for me - not a Bruce type player , get rid and bring in Rhodes.

Â