Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Moving back to Fulham very soon

According to the Express The BBC WM local sports reporter Mark Regan expects him to go to Fulham very soon.

Mark Regan (BBC WM) says he expects Ross McCormack to move to Fulham 'very shortly' [bbc wm] #avfc

BBC West Midlands correspondent Mark Regan has claimed McCormack is on the brink of a Fulham return.

Speaking on local radio, he said the 30-year-old's transfer would be announced "very shorty" by Villa.

McCormack was omitted from the matchday squad last Saturday in the 2-2 draw with Preston at Villa Park.

Edited by imavillan

I'd imagine the issues with  McCormack have been going on for some time and Bruce has reached the end of his rope with him and has called him out publicly hoping to get a positive reaction out of him. Let's hope it does the trick.

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

According to the Express The BBC WM local sports reporter Mark Regan expects him to go to Fulham very soon.

Mark Regan (BBC WM) says he expects Ross McCormack to move to Fulham 'very shortly' [bbc wm] #avfc

BBC West Midlands correspondent Mark Regan has claimed McCormack is on the brink of a Fulham return.

Speaking on local radio, he said the 30-year-old's transfer would be announced "very shorty" by Villa.

McCormack was omitted from the matchday squad last Saturday in the 2-2 draw with Preston at Villa Park.

He tweeted that before the game yesterday and Bruce denied there was anything happening on that front after the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

This came out before the game yesterday but when Bruce was asked about the Fulham story he denied it and then gave the reasons as to why he had been left out.

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, limvillian said:

He tweeted that before the game yesterday and Bruce denied there was anything happening on that front after the game.

doh !!!!!

feel a bit of a muppet now after that....lol

I'd have thought if we can get anyone to take him, bite their hand off.

He's had problems at several clubs, he's getting on, he's unfit, and he very clearly has attitude problems whether caused by health, mental health, personal issues or just the standard one of players being paid so much they really don't have to bother.

Clearly we're going to take (another) hit on any deal.  I suppose that might be a learning point for the club, though several similar experiences make me wonder.  We overpaid, and three minutes websearching show issues at previous clubs, which makes me wonder about the rigour and judgement of those doing the buying.

But in the current situation, it looks to me like making a clean break would be better than trying to make it work.  There will be enough problems with trying to bed in some new players and make a last bid for the playoff places.  Spending time trying to resolve the situation would look like a poor choice, and a distraction.  Sometimes you just have to wash your hands and concentrate on bigger priorities.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That's quite hilarious if you think that's to motivate him. Bruce is bring honest and stating he won't tolerate behaviour like this 

It could be done privately like most managers do,lots of indiscipline goes on in other clubs that we never hear about ,By putting it into the public domain Bruce is either trying to get a reaction out of him and get him going or else he wants the fans to get on his back and ship him out  would have kept it all in house otherwise it's very rare you see a manager savage a player like that in public .

25 minutes ago, BigAl said:

It could be done privately like most managers do,lots of indiscipline goes on in other clubs that we never hear about ,By putting it into the public domain Bruce is either trying to get a reaction out of him and get him going or else he wants the fans to get on his back and ship him out  would have kept it all in house otherwise it's very rare you see a manager savage a player like that in public .

I'd imagine this has been going on for some time and that McCormack has missed training, or been late, on a number of occasions and traditional in house disciplinary measures have failed to get the desired response. Bruce has therefore publicly called him out in the hope he now gets a positive response from him.

I think Bruce actually said yesterday something along the lines of it is the first time he has felt the need to go public like this with a player not towing the line.

• Like 1

If he is having personal issues, I am hoping the club provides a duty of care, as any decent organisation should towards their employees.

if, however, he is missing training because he is a lazy prick, and is taking the club for mugs, then f*** him.

There is just too much room for speculation here, so I wont judge until we know the full story, particularly after we hear from Ross himself.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I wonder what sort of personal issues we are talking about?

If its a mental health problem, has no-one noticed it for the past 10 years he's been playing football?

Depression, stress, anxiety maybe?

Not necessarily things that will have been with him for the past 10 years.

If it's an addiction or something more long term then yes you would wonder why it's only becoming a problem now.

2 minutes ago, Billson said:

Depression, stress, anxiety maybe?

Not necessarily things that will have been with him for the past 10 years.

If it's an addiction or something more long term then yes you would wonder why it's only becoming a problem now.

Easier to ignore/hide them when you're scoring every other week though, he's been a flop here so harder to manage I guess. There has been nothing to say what the problems are though, so he might just have gone thorugh a bad patch at home or decided to be a lazy arse.

Bruce must surely know that it isnt a mental health issue to be calling him out in public like that. Surely

Mental Health and its diagnosis is such a gray area that Bruce would have to be 100% sure that it is attitudinal or circumstantial rather than psychological before he and Tony have come out and said what they have. The danger now of course is that McCormack just has to hint at having mental health issues and the club, and Bruce and Tony as individuals, could be opening themselves up to all sorts of criticisms and actions.

It an unfortunate truth that, the better the care and resources and laws we make for people with mental health, the more attractive they are for people to exploit and i'm sure we all know people that have both benefited form the system as well as people who have exploited the system.

Apologies - I know im a bit off topic here, and I am not trying to assume anything about McCormack as an individual - but I think the approach that Tony and Bruce have taken here is really risky and I dont really see a happy ending here

• Like 2

Â