Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I said in the pre match thread I would start him ahead of Gestade.  I think Gestade did nothing today to justify a starting place. 

McCormack should have come on at half time for me,  we were definitely lacking some guile and creativity whilst dominating Fulham. 

For me he should start ahead of Gestade and only bring Gestade on if we need to change the game and chuck the kitchen sink at it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I said in the pre match thread I would start him ahead of Gestade.  I think Gestade did nothing today to justify a starting place. 

McCormack should have come on at half time for me,  we were definitely lacking some guile and creativity whilst dominating Fulham. 

For me he should start ahead of Gestade and only bring Gestade on if we need to change the game and chuck the kitchen sink at it. 

I agree Rudy likes playing against blose but he hasn't done enough. I'd swap him for McCormack next game at the sty

34 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I really like him, just watched the highlights and he battled through about 4 Fulham players to put a cracking ball through for sulky. Hope we find a starting place for him next week, I think he can unlock defences

I noticed that also. Brilliant bit of play and exactly that creativity to unlock defences we were missing. 

That through ball for Ayew was excellent beautifully weighted while a couple of Fulham players were hanging off him. I've seen him do this a good few times this season. For that reason alone I think he should be starting. 

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally I'd play Adomah instead of Gestede. I can't see how we can fit McCormack into the starting line up without some pretty significant changes.

I agree.

I love him, I think he's wicked, but he can't play up top on his own. Simple as that really. 

It's a long season and he will get his chance, but the time isn't now. 

Hell of a sub though. 

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hell of a sub though. 

Indeed.

I also think that Bruce will strengthen the midfield in January. If he does, that will enable us to play in different ways, I think that'll benefit McCormack immensely, and he could well have an excellent second half to the season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm not judging him solely on tooday

Agreed.  I think he was played out of postion today due to the early injury o Adomah. 

Total class act.

Don't expect much from him playing RW in a game where we just slam the ball forward aimlessly.

Build the team round him and we'll win games.

He could play as a 10 in a midfield 3. Jed + Gardner behind him.

I thought he did well today out of position, worked hard and he's decent on the ball. He's unfortunate, he's not pacy or physical, he's technical and clever - in a team that builds through the middle, moves defenders around and plays an incisive passing game, he'd be very very good. Sadly for him, we're the opposite of that and it's hard to see him starting a lot of games.

• Like 2

Â