Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

54 minutes ago, a m ole said:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”

to be fair, I've also stopped that one at the request of the people in the seats in front of me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Thank you thank you thank you 8pints for this reminder of what Bacuna can do when he's confident.Let's hope he himself remembers these...

Really underrated player. Could be the right side equivalent of Amavi we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

this is the part where it sucks being in the championship.... I'm a baker so I'll be at work at 1.30am. Normally i would listen to the Premier League on my phone but no such privilege with the championship. But hell im shift manager.... im seriously considering putting my laptop on the counter and watching while i work :D

Definitely. You knead to do this.

Sorry. :wacko:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Really underrated player. Could be the right side equivalent of Amavi we need.

I noticed you haven't put him in any of your teams so I'll take it you're being sarcastic.

Funny because if you weren't you would be absolutely right.

Edited by Michael118

Wednesday manager is hilarious trying to intimidate us because they have 28k fans. Erm we are use to playing in front of big crowds? 60k at Emirates, almost 80k at old Trafford every season and we had crowds over 40k over last 4-5 years.

that won't scare us just be if we have the confidence and belief that last season is the past. 

The fixture list hasn't been kind to us here.  It is always nice to get points on the board from the opening fixture but Wednesday away is as hard as it comes for us on the opening day.  They are a good side and will be chomping at the bit following last seasons disappointment.

I expect them to come out of the blocks attacking us and full of confidence.  I know it's corny but we need to stand firm for 20 minutes here,  although I think Wednesday are going to have the lions share of the ball over 90 minutes as well.

There are several weak points still in our team and it will probably take us until September at the earliest to pick up any form of rhythm given the changes that are going to take place over the next few weeks.

If someone offered me a draw here, I'd snap their hand off.

The little bits I saw of Wednesday last season I remember being impressed with. They would have steamrollered us with their intensity last season for certain but then so would most teams ( of those who didn't get and take the chance to).

Still don't think we have quite enough as it stands, our only chance is if they end up showing us too much respect on the pitch and McCormack changes the game for us.

This result won't determine our season but it will definitely not be good and could potentially even get embarrassing. Only real guarantee is that the match will spark another tedious exchange in the Bannan thread.

2-0 Wednesday

Given it's the first game of the season and they have a much more settled team I think they'll have too much for us on this occasion unfortunately and hope we still retain a bit of perspective after the game.

I'd put a fair bit of money on the line-up being:

Gollini

Hutton - Elphick - Baker - Cissokho

Bacuna - Gardner - Westwood - Grealish

Ayew

Gestede

Edited by jonno_2004

Thinking he will go 4-2-3-1

Gollini

Hutton - Elphick - Baker - Amavi (if fit) / Cissokho

Gardner - Tshibola 

Bacuna - Ayew - Grealish

Gestede

Subs: Steed, Okore, Amavi/Cissokho, Westwood, McCormack, Green, Veretout

Won't start McCormack, more or less said that in press conference. Bacuna he seems to be keen on. Might play Westwood instead of Gardner.

Anyway 1-2. Bannan scores first for Wednesday (of course); then Bacuna equalises followed by a late goal by McCormack! 

Finally the season started and I cannot wait!!! :D

21 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

The little bits I saw of Wednesday last season I remember being impressed with. They would have steamrollered us with their intensity last season for certain but then so would most teams ( of those who didn't get and take the chance to).

Still don't think we have quite enough as it stands, our only chance is if they end up showing us too much respect on the pitch and McCormack changes the game for us.

This result won't determine our season but it will definitely not be good and could potentially even get embarrassing. Only real guarantee is that the match will spark another tedious exchange in the Bannan thread.

2-0 Wednesday

you are a cynical maniac