Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Gregg Evans has Amavi in his predicted line up. I hope he's right. 

I expect to see: Gollini, Hutton, Elphick, Baker, Amavi, Gardner, Westwood, Grealish, Ayew, Bacuna, Gestede. 

Not necessarily what I'd like to see, but there we go. 

39 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Cant believe we are 3/1 and they are 11/10 

I Know we are shit, but not royally shit :D

Did you not see us play last season?  Not had enough new players yet. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Did you not see us play last season?  Not had enough new players yet. 

Not sure I agree, potentially four new players, an improved Grealish, Amavi back, Gardner back, Green etc.  Completely different team - very much an unknown quantity.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Not sure I agree, potentially four new players, an improved Grealish, Amavi back, Gardner back, Green etc.  Completely different team - very much an unknown quantity.

Grealish has not proved himself yet, Amavi is not fully fit and Gardner....................

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Grealish has not proved himself yet, Amavi is not fully fit and Gardner....................

No he hasn't but he may, no he isn't but a half cooked Amavi is a hell of a lot better than Cissokho and as for Gardner I have no idea what "......" means. 

The bigger point is we will be a very different team.

Yep a very different team, and managed by a team of coaches who know what they're doing. There's a lot of positive noises coming from the players, so if the spirit in the squad really is becoming positive then who knows, we might just be ok. 

I really doubt we'll get a win here. One of the toughest games we could have asked for coming down into the Championship. Really expected Wednesday to go up last season, they were one of the best teams in the division but they bottled it in the playoff final, less so than Brighton who are probably the only team I'd have not preferred to play.

I think Newcastle losing last night somewhat helps us, it will give us that extra mental preparation, and the chance for Di Matteo to drill into the players that this league is not going to be easy. But I still think at best we'd be hoping for a draw. I hope I am wrong...

We're going to have to defend strongly, any replication of the Middlesbrough second half and strikers like Fletcher, Forestieri and Hooper will punish us at this level. Especially with the midfield behind them. Although going forward I think we will get chances of our own and I really hope McCormack starts, even if he's just joined the squad. I don't trust Gestede right now to finish the opportunities that come his way. 

20 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

No he hasn't but he may, no he isn't but a half cooked Amavi is a hell of a lot better than Cissokho and as for Gardner I have no idea what "......" means. 

The bigger point is we will be a very different team.

I agree, but I think we have to prove ourselves first. Although if its your belief, get a bet on.

37 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I Agree with this, I wouldn't be getting balls deep but i would certainly be having a little tickle at 3/1

• Like 1

This is the hardest game we will play all season apart from maybe Newcastle. SW are a decent, confident (and strengthened) team. They have momentum whereas we absolutely don't, nor have we found a formula or shape.

the bookies are bang on, a win for us would be a surprise, we cannot expect to steam roller anyone just because we were a PL team, and we were TERRIBLE last season. We will get better by October but I expect SW to be right up there this season after last seasons disappointment. 

Another painful loss for the relegated PL boys, 0-2 sadly

• Like 1

villavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavillavilla

who says relegation is so bad/

this is gonna be fun

utv

Tough game. RDM is a defence-first manager so I think it will be likely that we sit back and try to play on the counter. Don't think Gestede will start based on that.

1-1. Ayew with ours.

I think we'll come flying out the blocks, go a goal up early, be in control of the game but then concede from a set piece just before HT. We will then lose 3-1. 

Edited by PieFacE

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think we'll come flying out the blocks, go a goal up early, be in control of the game but then concede from a set piece just before HT. We will then lose 3-1. 

lol