Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This with Amavi for me. Although would prefer Okore over Baker and I'd still like to see Veretout come into the fold. Probably for Westwood.

I'd prefer Amavi too, but I'm not sure RDM thinks he's ready, so I think we're more likely to see Aly (or even Bennett).

I prefer Okore too, but in most of the preseason Elphick and Baker were teamed up. Maybe that means nothing though.

I wouldn't have a problem with Veretout coming back in to midfield, if I'm honest though, I'm still not sure exactly where he plays the best or what he actually does well. 

Edited by alreadyexists

3-1 to Wednesday for me. I reckon we're completely underestimating this league and will take a few weeks to get to grips with it. 

Wont stop me from being ridiculously excited though. Have started to really enjoy Villa again this pre season for the first time in about 5 years. Literally cannot wait for the season to start. Long may it continue! 

I don't think a narrow loss would be a disaster add long as we give a decent account of ourselves.

A big loss with more than a few goals conceded would severely dent the confidence though.

Win, lose or draw but as long as we show fight and character I'll be hopeful for the season.  I'd kinda like us to concede first just to see what kind of reaction the players give.  Hopeful for some positive signs. 

16 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I don't think a narrow loss would be a disaster add long as we give a decent account of ourselves.

A big loss with more than a few goals conceded would severely dent the confidence though.

**** that. Let's go and win.

I have a conundrum. Its live here at half past one in the morning. Do I stay up and watch it and sleep at work, or do I record it, avoid any news, and tell anyone who wants to talk to me about football just to shut the hell up?

Villa 3 - 1

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

So the match day thread here will be my only sort of live game day.  I work and don't get other coverage.  Going else where I will see the result. If folk commenting on the game could put the time on the game clock as you post, it would make reading this a little bit more live for us playing catch up.  It doesn't even take everyone.  Just a time stamp every now and again makes it all feel a little bit more live.  Cheers.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

I have a conundrum. Its live here at half past one in the morning. Do I stay up and watch it and sleep at work, or do I record it, avoid any news, and tell anyone who wants to talk to me about football just to shut the hell up?

Villa 3 - 1

this is the part where it sucks being in the championship.... I'm a baker so I'll be at work at 1.30am. Normally i would listen to the Premier League on my phone but no such privilege with the championship. But hell im shift manager.... im seriously considering putting my laptop on the counter and watching while i work :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 8pints said:

I've just had a tenner bet for a Bacuna hat-trick....bit of fun

BacunaFreeKick.gif

Bacuna1a.gif

Bacuna1a.gif

Thank you thank you thank you 8pints for this reminder of what Bacuna can do when he's confident.Let's hope he himself remembers these...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

there wasn't a single 'lucky' tradition that worked for me and my Villa last year

watching the game, ignoring the game, lucky socks, pre match masturbation, celibacy, going shopping

so I'm free of dumb rituals this season, bring it on

1:2 Villa 

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”

Edited by a m ole