Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 00:16, gilbertoAVFC said:

Can't believe Bruce would start Jedinak over him, maybe 3 at the back? Otherwise something clearly going on behind the scenes. 

Or Elphick hasn't been very good for us as Bruce rates Jedi higher, even at centre back? 

Not everything has to be a drama. In my opinion that is. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Only question is do we keep him ad back up for next season and will someone else pay his wages. 

No use keeping him as back up if Bruce rather play a midfielder as CB instead of him.

It's not really working out for him this season but I don't doubt there would be plenty of takers for him. I wouldn't mind him as back up but wouldn't mind if he wanted to move on for first team footy either. It seems like any slip or slight error he makes is punished with a goal. Kinda brutal actually. 

When he first came he looked passionate and a real leader warrior.  Since that slip and that awful performance, he has looked a real shadow of himself.

Might be best for all parties of sold in summer. Can see clubs being interested in him unlike that oaf richards

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 00:16, gilbertoAVFC said:

Can't believe Bruce would start Jedinak over him, maybe 3 at the back? Otherwise something clearly going on behind the scenes. 

Nope Elphick has just been terrible all season and that's why he's not in the team. Simple.

• Like 1

Had real high hopes for him despite not seeing him play much. Exactly the type of player and character we needed to abolish the memories of Lescott and company. In a way I suppose he has done that as he has never been less than 100% in a game and never shied away. Saying that, everytime he has stepped on the pitch he has looked like a mistake waiting to happen.

i imagine he will want to be playing football, can't see him here next season. Only £3m wasn't he. SHould get at least £2m back.

• Like 1

Started the season decently alongside Baker and was definitely nice to have a leader there. Him and Chester struggled as a partnership as neither are a dominating force. Think as a back up to Chester we should keep him, but still need a dominating CB to come in to either be backup for Baker or if possible get someone better than Baker to start and have Baker as backup (not criticising Baker here as he has done well this season but I still think he isn't that good).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Started the season decently

I think that's a bit of a myth to be honest. He was mistake prone right from the start of the season, he was just getting away with it.

Think we'll sign a new CB in the summer.

Baker is mostly fine at this level when fit but will always miss about 10 games a season.

Elphick just isn't good enough really, I think QPR wanted him in January so he'll end up somewhere like that.

• 4 weeks later...
Â