Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does the 25 man rule even apply in the Championship?

I can't see it mentioned anywhere and when it was brought in it was specifically a Premier League rule.  I think given the extra games in the Championship (and the more kicks from the less seasoned teams down there) there's probably an argument for having a bigger squad.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Then what do you mean by "start" accepting them?

We obviously have loads of bids on the table but we're doing nothing with them.  Just waiting, and waiting.

Our ITK has hinted at this after all :crylaugh:

• Like 1

We are playing hard to get, bide our time and we can squeeze another £50k out of a transfer fee...

The fact Lescott and Richards alone are probable costing the best part of half a million a month is nothing.

Face facts, nobody wants this shit. ..

Then what do you mean by "start" accepting them?

Pretty clear really start accepting some bids,  not sure what the issue is Dave

EDIT but in terms of not accepting bids I suppose Sinclair counts as not accepting one if that helps us in this mini debate?

Edited by Richard

There is no maximum squad size in the championship. At least after scouring the rules I can't find one. 

Maximum of 5 loan players in a matchday squad mentioned here, FYI -  http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

I wonder if that rule was to stop the whole Watford thing. I saw them play at Blues a few years ago and they had 9 loan players in their 18. :crylaugh:

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No issue. I asked a question. It was implied that he has had bids and hasn't accepted them. By you.

Not really.  I said if he gets bids for our shitter players he should start accepting them.  Didnt imply anything really but seems the use of the word start has upset you.

No doubt your post will get a few likes,  I can almost guarantee who as well!

• Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

Not really.  I said if he gets bids for our shitter players he should start accepting them.  Didnt imply anything really but seems the use of the word start has upset you.

You don't think the tone of your post implied that he has been turning down bids for our shitter players? I believe you named Sinclair, Sanchez and Clark. If that wasn't what you intended to imply then I think it's poorly worded, hence me asking, but thank you for clarifying.

You've not upset me, I'm thicker skinned than that. The last time I checked this is a debating forum and that's all I was doing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

The way your original post came across was as if RDM is deliberately not accepting bids and you were in a sense telling him to buck his ideas up, not saying that's what you meant but that's how it came across. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It is a quandary alright.  All of a sudden I'm not so thrilled with the Imps going through.

still 2 more rounds for them to negotiate and I wouldnt fancy them to go through both rounds

40 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I wonder if that rule was to stop the whole Watford thing. I saw them play at Blues a few years ago and they had 9 loan players in their 18. :crylaugh:

I think it was. rules are something like can have 8 domestic loans but as many from abroad

Even though we have now ascertained that there is no maximum squad size in the championship, and after a brief deliberation, I still think at least half a dozen don't deserve a place.  

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Blatantly imply something, then moan when people take issue with it.

Is there a textbook on this stuff or are you self taught?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Richard said:

Here's a tip for you then Roberto,  if you want to trim the squad and get offers for our shitter players (Sinclair, Clark, Sanchez) start accepting them

It quite clearly implies that we have received bids for those players (they are named after all!) and RDM has chosen not to accept them.

The whole post comes across as critical of our manager for not accepting bids. If you didn't mean that, then the post is absolutely terribly worded. 

Edited by bobzy

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There is no maximum squad size in the championship. At least after scouring the rules I can't find one. 

Maximum of 5 loan players in a matchday squad mentioned here, FYI -  http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

I was looking a day or two ago and all I found was this, from June 9th 2010 ;

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/16577

"The new rules for next season restrict first team squads to 25 players over 21, 10 of whom must be homegrown, by which the League means players registered in domestic football for three seasons prior to their 21st birthday. Players under 21 face no restriction."

I have read the Leagues website and rules shown there but cant see anything to confirm this.   Don't know if it was brought in.

Â