Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

58 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I was looking a day or two ago and all I found was this, from June 9th 2010 ;

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/16577

"The new rules for next season restrict first team squads to 25 players over 21, 10 of whom must be homegrown, by which the League means players registered in domestic football for three seasons prior to their 21st birthday. Players under 21 face no restriction."

I have read the Leagues website and rules shown there but cant see anything to confirm this.   Don't know if it was brought in.

I found that too but it is literally the only reference to that being introduced throughout the football league. My guess is it was a reference to the Premier League restrictions which were introduced, I believe, in the summer of 2010 and some local paper jumped the gun. 

9 hours ago, sne said:

What does it say on Football Manager when you play the Championship?

They are usually on the ball with these kind of things.

*The match squad must have at least six players trained by a club in England
*The match day squad must have no more than 5 loan players
*The match day squad must have no more than 4 loan players from the same club.

Interestingly, it also says in the transfers section that from 8th September-26th November you can still make domestic loans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

*The match squad must have at least six players trained by a club in England
*The match day squad must have no more than 5 loan players
*The match day squad must have no more than 4 loan players from the same club.

Interestingly, it also says in the transfers section that from 8th September-26th November you can still make domestic loans.

Wait, so we can loan Januzaj and Cleverley this season??

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

5 loans?

ok

Messi, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Ramsey & Bale

So no room for Cleverley or Janusai (spelling) then.

shame

Looking light at the back though, not having room for Kompany, Boateng, Godin, Thiago Silva is a massive oversight. If RDM is just going to use up all our loans on Messi, Ronaldo, Ramsey type players then I might have to start questioning his judgement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Looking light at the back though, not having room for Kompany, Boateng, Godin, Thiago Silva is a massive oversight. If RDM is just going to use up all our loans on Messi, Ronaldo, Ramsey type players then I might have to start questioning his judgement.

If we let City sign Bonucci without even putting in a rival bid then serious questions need to be asked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

If we let City sign Bonucci without even putting in a rival bid then serious questions need to be asked.

Sorry we cant sign him.  Imagine how much it would cost to pay of his contract to get shot of him after a couple of years of not performing for us

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

We could play 2-3-5

Clark & Baker diving in then hoofing it 50yrds

We wouldnt even need a GK 2-3-6 and we'd still win 9-4

So, Jokes aside.

RDM (imho) should really consider one of two ways this can go for him

1) Integrate the shiesters/shite players (Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, Hutton, Richards @CB ->RB) and spend his energy on "Turning it around"

or

2) Get rid/Bomb squad , so he can start "building from whats left + Signings & Youth"

If possible, I know which way I'd go

39 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

So, Jokes aside.

1) Integrate the shiesters/shite players (Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, Hutton, Richards @CB ->RB) and spend his energy on "Turning it around"

or

2) Get rid/Bomb squad , so he can start "building from whats left + Signings & Youth"

Have you considered the third way?

I'll let you get there yourself!

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have you considered the third way?

I'll let you get there yourself!

Hi Ddid,

sure there are another 4 or 5 ways.

The above are 2 ends of the scale (imo)

I hope he doesnt make the job more difficult than need be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

So, Jokes aside.

or

He needs to MTFU with the dressing room 

Also quite obviously needs a goal scorer...

• Like 1

Probably pressing the panic button here but based on what I've seen pre-season there is a worrying familiarity to last season. The shape is poor, the midfield unable to dictate a match, very poor up front, an over-reliance on Hutton as our main outlet down the right hand side... 

A lot of work to do it seems, especially on the recruitment front.

• Like 2

Totally agree on Hutton. Going forward it's just the same repetitive, generic stuff from him which ultimately goes nowhere. Gana, as always enthusiastic but that man cannot tackle. Andre Green is a talent. 

Â