Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Richard said:

You actually misread it then dave . It seems a lot of people on here are only reading part posts these days 

EDIT.  The exact post I made "Too soon to say Xia out? Potentially and my fear is that when / if that time comes it will be far far harder to shift this one than the last two,  not saying we should be at that stage now. 

Just that I am not overly encouraged by the first few months"

What is it that you're not overly encouraged about? Genuinely interested to know.

Appreciate we haven't signed lots of players but aside from that I'm failing to see any negatives thus far, we seem to have an interested and active owner (it's fine to have concerns about said owners background and long term intentions but any fears would be pure speculation at this stage surely?), we've put in place what I believe to be a solid management and coaching structure, we have an actual CEO with actual relevant experience, we have signed some players without a fire sale of our assets (yet), the players appear to be in good spirits, Petrov's back (appreciate this isn't a plus point for you but it is generally amongst the wider fan community). 

I'm optimistic at the moment and I believe most others to be too, it doesn't make 'us' right and you wrong, I'm just intrigued to know your concerns.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This seems madness to me. Why has it even crossed your mind about it being difficult to get rid of the owner? We haven't played a competitive game yet.

it's like Game of Thrones around here.....

Edited by Gary Thomas

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Not much new.  Hope "And maybe some more attacking players, depending on how the next few weeks go and which players are going to leave"  actually means ""We can get some more attacking players if we can find someone to take Gabby"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36835751?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here's a tip for you then Roberto,  if you want to trim the squad and get offers for our shitter players (Sinclair, Clark, Sanchez) start accepting them

Just now, Richard said:

Here's a tip for you then Roberto,  if you want to trim the squad and get offers for our shitter players (Sinclair, Clark, Sanchez) start accepting them

Has Roberto possibly assessed the squad and thought that these are players he could utilise maybe? Therefore, doesn't want to accept the bids. 

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm also a business owner and I can categorically say that paying up to 3 years salary per person to get rid of these "bad eggs" would be VERY far down the list of options I would consider.

So, I don't know what your staff earn, but would you pay £500k to get rid of these 4/5 staff today, with 6 weeks to go until your options are exhausted, or would you use that 6 weeks to try and find another solution? 

Hi,

The point I was trying to make was that:

Dr X may just about have enough capital to say - bad egg nr 1 (2,3,4 &/or5) can go because affording the costs now will not effect AVFC's immediate progress.

N.B. Anyone not disgusted by the performances and antics of Gabby, Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Sinclair. Please dont defend them or state a new season/new chance - I'm beyond that (Imho)

I personally can not afford to pay off under performers in my business.

However, I dont - luckily - have any bad eggs amongst my lot.

2 years ago a long time friend, in a very important position, had alcohol problems that effected his decision making. I had no choice but to fire him from my senior staff and replace him.

I've recently joined forces with another contractor to put a team together for a working project that will run for the next 6-9months. 3 assets from my pool, 3 from his. After 4 weeks we (mainly my decision) sacked one of his guys because he wasnt up to it.

I admit I'm talking about modest wages and not 60pw for Gabby. But the overall business thinking is the same. One simply gets rid of bad eggs IF one can afford it.

There also comes a time when one can NOT afford to bite the bullet for the sake of long term.

I believe honestly, that with Gabby & co, we're at that point.

So, One more time.

I'm of the opinion that, the above mentioned should be shipped out IF Dr X can afford it. If not, I fear RDM has a more difficult job with than without.

.........I would also like to refer to a recent selfinflicted example.

"Sir Charles N'Zogbia"

we paid him a shitload and let him run down his contract. So he cost us anyway, and what did he do on the field? F*** all, for how many managers? Apparantly he was an ok guy who got on with being in the bomb squad and being called for duty every so often, he just didnt deliver (other than in a fashion fail sense).

what did we gain from that?

nothing.

and IMHO we wont gain anything from keeping the shiesters.

Anyway

a simple question (without hindsight)

would you rather

a )  spend £xmill on new players risking their effectiveness to the squad with our famous five (or 6,7....) proving their worth(lessness) aling side them?

or

b ) Spending not so much (basically £xmills - payoff amount) but RDM having a fresh start with an (not so) unblemished squad?

answers for the said coconut and goldfish

l

V

The problem with Zog is that nobody in their right mind would match his wages, but I don't think that would be a problem with anyone but Gabby really now.  I'm happy waiting to see what bids come in, for example it sounds like it's a matter of time before Celtic come back in for Sinclair, there's no need to accept take the first bid we get, or just terminate contracts for that matter.

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The problem with Zog is that nobody in their right mind would match his wages, but I don't think that would be a problem with anyone but Gabby really now.  I'm happy waiting to see what bids come in, for example it sounds like it's a matter of time before Celtic come back in for Sinclair, there's no need to accept take the first bid we get, or just terminate contracts for that matter.

Celtic will buy Sinclair, but only if they qualify for the CL.  Otherwise they can't afford him.  My mate works up there for the club.

just illustrates how things take time and have dependencies.

7 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

Celtic will buy Sinclair, but only if they qualify for the CL.  Otherwise they can't afford him.  My mate works up there for the club.

just illustrates how things take time and have dependencies.

If they qualify for the CL, tell your mate he can have Bacuna as well. 

Just now, Grasshopper said:

.......lescott, Guzan & Richardd too

They can take them anyway, i don't believe they are insistent on joining a club in the CL :D

33 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

Damn. Looks like Sinclair is staying so...

Just now, villa89 said:

Damn. Looks like Sinclair is staying so...

It is a quandary alright.  All of a sudden I'm not so thrilled with the Imps going through.

I have few Q's

When does RDM have to announce his 25?

before the first game?

If he names his 25, and for example, Bacuna is in at Nr 10. Barca offer us 50€mill for Leandro plus Messi (as dealbreaker) Do we lose a squad place, or can we have Lionel instead of Leandro as nr10? (Regardless of the tax implications)

• Like 1

Â