Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gil and Traore were our best players. 

Okore and Clark are quality CB's. Baker and Donacien would have been reasonable back ups.

I like what I've seen of Gollini so far but I think Guzan is a quality keeper when confident.

I haven't seen anything of Tshibola yet but we have 3 good defensive midfielders and no attacking miidfielders except Bacuna who has played mostly as a RB.

Gil and Traore did nothing last season.

Clark has a mistake in him every game, Okore is average at best. What are you basing Donacian good enough on, considering he played twice in league 2 last season and has now been released with no one signing him.

Guzans confidence of beyond repair at this club.

3 good defensive midfielders? Why is it then that every team just walked through our midfield?

Bacuna is awful, and has never done anything in the attacking role. Yes we need to improve in this position, but I think Grealish will step up there.

For me RdM has strengthened well so far but obviously more is needed.

I dont know where to start.

Clark and Guzan are not quality. we dont have 3 good defensive midfielders, we dont even have 1 hence our team was ripped to shreds through middle last season

Bacuna also not an attacking midfielder and Gil was crap

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know where to start.

Clark and Guzan are not quality. we dont have 3 good defensive midfielders, we dont even have 1 hence our team was ripped to shreds through middle last season

Bacuna also not an attacking midfielder and Gil was crap

They are just appraising players ON the ball.......There is another game going on, OFF the ball and we are not usually in it.

These players being labelled as our best are " icing on the cake players"...... we have no battlers/Drivers.

52 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yes our most dangerous players with the most potential and the most difficult to replace.

Gil is exactly the same as Sinclair. Sure he may be technically better, but he has absolutely no influence on games. 

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gil and Traore did nothing last season.

Clark has a mistake in him every game, Okore is average at best. What are you basing Donacian good enough on, considering he played twice in league 2 last season and has now been released with no one signing him.

Guzans confidence of beyond repair at this club.

3 good defensive midfielders? Why is it then that every team just walked through our midfield?

Bacuna is awful, and has never done anything in the attacking role. Yes we need to improve in this position, but I think Grealish will step up there.

For me RdM has strengthened well so far but obviously more is needed.

Gil and Traore rarely played last season.

Okore and Clark showed what they can do in 14/15. I've seen footage of Donacien and am disappointed he was released.

Nobody's confidence is beyond repair. If we appointed the right manager and Guzan was in his plans he could have turned it around here.

Gana, Westwood and Sanchez are our 3 good defensive midfielders. Our midfield was reasonable at times under Remi Garde. We lacked attacking quality in midfield and balance overall.

Bacuna has shown his quality at RB and when tried in a midfield 2 with Gana last season was our best player. I would like to see him tried in that role again.

Loaning Gil was a bad decision and I think we are much weaker overall because of it. Elphick will take playing time away from Okore and Clark who have more potential. Gollini and Tshibola I haven't seen enough of but are also addressing areas we had enough quality in.

Edited by Michael118

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

They are just appraising players ON the ball.......There is another game going on, OFF the ball and we are not usually in it.

These players being labelled as our best are " icing on the cake players"...... we have no battlers/Drivers.

Traore and Gil are the x factor that is usually the difference between a win and a loss.

The drivers are essential as well and its a component we lack in CM.

Edited by Michael118

Just now, Michael118 said:

They are the x factor that is usually the difference between a win and a loss.

The drivers are essential as well and its a component we lack in CM.

It's catch 22 really,its the mix, thats what makes a team and we haven't got one.....we have an assembly of players.

My point is we keep signing players but the problem still remains.

I have not seen any real strength in the team in years......for sure you need the Gil's and the Grealish's but they can't keep that up for 90 minutes

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gana, Westwood and Sanchez are our 3 good defensive midfielders. Our midfield was reasonable at times under Remi Garde. We lacked attacking quality in midfield and balance overall.

I can't agree with that,sorry.

balance ....yes, thats the only bit

our midfield was woeful last year and has been struggling for years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Gil has about 3 times the potential of Sinclair.

I acknowledged that Gil is technically better than Sinclair, but imo Gil will never ever be a success in England. 

Gil if utilised properly and we set the team to cover for him.. give him the free role behind the strikers with little defensive work.. could work well. He was asked to drop back and defend.. which he didnt appear to have the stamina to do in the premier league. He was gassed with the ball. Had very little options to play with. How often did we see Gil and Grealish together like they were at Leicester? 

Its a shame we let him go.. but if we let him go because he wanted to go.. then so be it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Okore and Clark are quality CB's. Baker and Donacien would have been reasonable back ups.

I like what I've seen of Gollini so far but I think Guzan is a quality keeper when confident.

I haven't seen anything of Tshibola yet but we have 3 good defensive midfielders and no attacking miidfielders except Bacuna who has played mostly as a RB.

It is a wonder we got relegated last season. We must have just been unfortunate.

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I feel you've committed the preface of poor/bad/dire/rubbish/comical in relation to quality. Given the repeated nature of the post, I am most certain of this now.

• Like 1

Â