Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah he would have purchased all the materials but taken longer than planned to start the reconstruction. Although we are all annoyed if we put things in to perspective he has only had 8 games. Fergie got 5 years.

And a number of key pieces meant to provide important structural support would be dropped whilst being maneuvered into position and suffer catastrophic cracking leaving us waiting 12 months for them to be repaired. 

Haters gon hate.

He bought on subs and changed the game for the better.

...and that was with out the greatly missed McCormack. 

Lets get he's preferred lineup on the field and see what happens?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We should probably never sack anyone then, just in case.

No not at all,  we certainly shouldn't hang onto managers who have had a fair crack of the whip....... I'm looking at you Lambert. 

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I completely agree. Furthermore, what has happened to us fans? Demanding instant success just cos we blew 50 mill? We haven't seen the best of each of these players but it will take time - doesn't matter what they cost, they are all new to each other. Forget about promotion right now, and blumin give this brand new team some time. The booing at half time was complete BS, a hangover from last season directed at a team and manager who were not here last season. 

We have won 4 league games out of the last 47 played, what do you expect from the fans? To sit there and clap like seals despite the fact that we are just as bad as last season, they are wasting their hard earned money watching this tripe every week and have every right to boo. I'm not saying it helps the team but it's completely justified imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

We have won 4 league games out of the last 47 played, what do you expect from the fans? To sit there and clap like seals despite the fact that we are just as bad as last season, they are wasting their hard earned money watching this tripe every week and have every right to boo. I'm not saying it helps the team but it's completely justified imo.

We're playing far better than last season on the whole. The booing at this stage is **** pathetic. We've lost twice. TWICE!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're playing far better than last season on the whole. The booing at this stage is **** pathetic. We've lost twice. TWICE!

We've won once. ONCE. In 10 **** games, including against League 2 opposition.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

and we've won once, in a weaker division with poor teams, and after having upgraded most of our team.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We were dreadful today and should have been 3-0 down at halftime. We have 9 points from 9 games. I see little improvement overall.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Playing better than last season doesn't mean we are playing well .

One win in 10 is disgraceful. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Haters gon hate.

I think we have seen his preferred line up. It had about 6 attackers in it. Now he has shit the bed and is playing 7 defenders. Either way we have no midfield and I have no clue what he is trying to do...and neither do the players.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Haters gon hate.

Yeah that's a fair point, I could feel myself losing patience when we went 1-0, but I saw some pro-activity that changed the game so that for me has bought him some time, plus a draw against Newcastle, surely we'd take that. 

Edited by Tommo_b

Well, he's sorted out our problem with bottling the second half....we did it in the first instead.

Going back to 4-3-3 for the second half made all the difference, everyone was playing with confidence when they had an idea of their roles.

I did watch RDM closely today and he did holler out 3 times so that's an improvement.

Fat Spanish Waiter was constantly telling his 2nd in command to get into the tech box and give instruction.

I still think it's right that he's given this season, I just want to believe he's bothered.

If I was RDM, on Tuesday I would have Gestede up front and Kodjia right and Ayew left. If McCormack is fit, then he plays as no.10 (or the tip of the midfield 3), otherwise we play Adomah and move Kodjia inside. Jedinak and Tsishbola in the middle. Bacuna and Amavi as full backs.

Playing Gestede creates space for the others in a way which I've never appreciated until the last 3 home games. 

I don't think we can play both Ayew and Grealish together, they both want to occupy similar space and both hold on to the ball too long. 

Adomah needs to be patient I think and take his chance from the bench.

Follow my advice RDM - we will win some games and you will save your job.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yep, agree. Doesn't help anyone and makes the new players regret their decision to join us and makes them want out.

16 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Playing better than last season doesn't mean we are playing well .

One win in 10 is disgraceful. 

I think we have played well on the whole but we haven't won enough games and that's got the fans on the back of the team far too quickly. Our recent games haven't been good performances - although we've just played the toughest home game we'll have all season and, again, not lost. 

From memory, we've won 1 and drawn 4 at home - and the fans have booed in 2 of those games. It's pathetic. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I expect them to stop spending their hard earned money while this team is serving up draws. I don't go out and buy a product I know to be shite and then complain when I've bought it. 

29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

and we've won once, in a weaker division with poor teams, and after having upgraded most of our team.

What makes you think this team is upgraded compared to last season? Because they cost a lot?

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I think we have played well on the whole but we haven't won enough games and that's got the fans on the back of the team far too quickly. Our recent games haven't been good performances - although we've just played the toughest home game we'll have all season and, again, not lost. 

From memory, we've won 1 and drawn 4 at home - and the fans have booed in 2 of those games. It's pathetic. 

Winning 20% of your home games at this level is pathetic. Nobody expects us to win every game but we have probably seen about 60 minutes of decent football at Villa Park this season. The fans deserve more .

Â