Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

It's probably a slight reach on my part, but I wonder if the poor 2nd half is because in some way they feel they didn't get what they deserved in the first half.  Meaning if our new strikeforce can actually take their chances early on we might keep the spring in our step.

I expect results to improve from now on. The transfer window has closed and the squad is starting to settle and blend together, we should have a team that understands each other for two halves of a game instead of just one.

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's probably a slight reach on my part, but I wonder if the poor 2nd half is because in some way they feel they didn't get what they deserved in the first half.  Meaning if our new strikeforce can actually take their chances early on we might keep the spring in our step.

I think there could be an element of that. There's been a few games this season where we should have been 3 or 4 up at half time, but fail to capitalise on chances. Assuming a couple of those chances gets put away now, we should be okay come the second half of games. More importantly, the opposition won't feel like they are in the game as much so their mentality will change too. 

8 hours ago, BOF said:

You could well be right.....but alternatively,

I'm more for growing in to the game as opposed to coming out all guns blazing. I think that way you take more control of the game.

Its like playing your cards tight to your chest.

You wear the opposition down gradually and then strike, leaving them little energy for a comeback.

Its just getting back that winning mentality.

• Like 1

People seem to underestimate just how tough a job RDM took on when he started here, and he's done more than I thought he would have since joining. Let's be honest, if we'd have not been sold, still had Eric Black and still had the same old face on the pitch we wouldn't have won a game yet.

It's not a magical fix, it's not something you can click your fingers at and set right. It's a long term project to turn the clubs fortunes around, on the pitch and back stage in the board room/offices/staff recruitment etc... I'm liking what I'm seeing and I for one will be giving RDM the time he deserves to make us great again.

• Like 2

It's getting rather farcical to be honest. Another first half domination where we fail to put the game out of sight, and a second half of pure ineptitude at the back and stupid goals conceded. 

This team is not set up well enough, the midfield is totally all over the place in terms of positioning and balance. We're paying for not signing the requisite quality in midfield and we are paying for not signing a good keeper, one has cost us 4 goals and Bunn just cost us another soft goal today.

I'd personally give RDM to the end of the month to turn this around, if he doesn't then he should be sacked, it is simply not good enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's getting rather farcical to be honest. Another first half domination where we fail to put the game out of sight, and a second half of pure ineptitude at the back and stupid goals conceded. 

This team is not set up well enough, the midfield is totally all over the place in terms of positioning and balance. We're paying for not signing the requisite quality in midfield and we are paying for not signing a good keeper, one has cost us 4 goals and Bunn just cost us another soft goal today.

I'd personally give RDM to the end of the month to turn this around, if he doesn't then he should be sacked, it is simply not good enough. 

Actually I wouldn't give him that long . Poor manager is obvious poor manager. He can go now for me I just hope Clarke remains 

Failing to properly address the midfield situation in the summer will be his (our) undoing.

Even with Jedinak and Tish fit it lacks creativity ans quality.

As for him persisting with a 1 man midfield when trying to close down a game... Yeah not great.

• Like 1

No midfield protection. Abysmal goalkeepers. Spent money in the wrong areas and are way behind blues who have spent **** all. Team totally imbalanced. Whoever thought Gardner, Westwood, Tshibola, Jedinak was a good idea for a set of midfielders needs a slap. We have no centre back cover ropey full backs especially on the right hand side and about 7 forwards. This squad is a total mess. I hope Xia has deep pockets cause we wil be out of the premier league for a very long time. This season will be another car crash

• Like 1

Â