Roberto Di Matteo

meme

13 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Okay Villa, Ive pulled my fingers from my ears and stopped saying lalalalalalalalala. I think I might be ready to start listening again.

It's a shame that sticking your fingers in your ears damages your hearing, especially if it's been done consistently over the past 6 years.

Edited by meme

Well, I'm happy. Re-assures me further on the take-over, and with Clarke as a number 2, assuming he's not like Wilkins and just enjoying a pay-day ( I suspect not, but just my typical caution ) then bully for us.  That's a stable combo and now we can start to look forward with a bit more certainty. 

Hopefully it's arrivederci to micah, joleon, gabby and others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

It's interesting that the BBC have said that Clarke will take on the hands-on approach for the squad don't you think? I wonder what role Di Matteo will play in this?

The best first team coaches usually do from a training POV.  Not sure he'll be deciding who we're buying though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Very please with RDM and Clarke!

It's interesting that the BBC have said that Clarke will take on the hands-on approach for the squad don't you think? I wonder what role Di Matteo will play in this?

RDM will tell them what he wants them to do, Clarke will slap them silly until they do it :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually just have my Newsnow:Aston Villa open 24-7. ;)http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Aston+Villa

Don't worry, so do I. Just taking a backup hands-on approach to further grow my 'good news wood'.

Pun wasn't intended until found. Pun then intended.

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

I am not sure that this means the fit and proper test is done and dusted. Who else could they appoint since the old boards number 1 target is now at Derby.

Clarke is a good appointment though. Perhaps Ossie Ardilles will join as well (I cannot remember any other boing boing managers)

5 minutes ago, meme said:

It's a shame that sticking your fingers in your eyes damages your hearing, especially if it's been done consistently over the past 6 years.

cant be that good for your sight either :P

• Like 1

Birmingham Mail suggesting Massimiliano Marchesi (also known as 'Sheikh of the Muscles'!) as will be brought in as well as fitness coach

Roberto Di Matteo will bring fitness guru known as the 'Sheikh of the Muscles' to Aston Villa

BY GREGG EVANS
Gregg Evans reports on how Roberto Di Matteo's backroom team is shaping up

Roberto Di Matteo will recruit Inter Milan fitness coach Massimiliano Marchesi to his backroom staff at Aston Villa.

Di Matteo, who will be assisted by fellow former West Bromwich Albion boss Steve Clarke, will turn to a man known as the 'Sheikh of the Muscles' to whip Villa into shape for the Championship.

Marchesi has also worked in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Dubai.

Di Matteo will succeed Remi Garde as Villa manager and will be tasked with returning Villa to the Premier League.

He is believed to have agreed a two-year contract.

Di Matteo played with Clarke at Chelsea. The new Villa assistant has been out of work since being sacked by Reading last December.

Link

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I enjoy this bit from the BBC article

Yes, interesting turn of phrase.  My choice of elimination would be trebuchet them into a burning fire pit.

• Like 3

He's only been in the job 25 minutes and we're already signing exotic names. Granted it's a fitness coach but more of this please, more raiding of Inter Milan as well.