Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

City's team is looking to be stupidly good already. 

----------------Aguero------------------

-Silva----De Bruyne--Aubameyang-

------Gundogan---Fernandinho------

Then they have Nasri, Navas, Bony, Iheanacho, Sterling, Fernando, and the snake.

Yea can imagine Pep playing 1 of Europes best CFs on the right wing

• Like 1

The Man Utd fan who sits behind me at work was raving about Bailly today. Admittedly, I know very little (or next to nothing) about foreign based players, but I hope he turns out to be an expensive dud.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Yea can imagine Pep playing 1 of Europes best CFs on the right wing

He has played there a lot for Dortmund in the past, and how else is he going to fit all his players on the field at once? I guess a 4-4-2 with De Bruyne and Silva out wide? 

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The Man Utd fan who sits behind me at work was raving about Bailly today. Admittedly, I know very little (or next to nothing) about foreign based players, but I hope he turns out to be an expensive dud.

I guarantee he has never watched him play a minute of football.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I guarantee he has never watched him play a minute of football.

Was going to say the same.

Like the Liverpool fan in my office who was raving about Firminho when they signed him.

I said something like "Oh cool what's he like? I've not seen him play much, does he get goals?"

To which he responded "Oh, I've not seen him play..."

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bailly for £30m is hilarious, he was signed for like (e)5m the season before, no way his his value increased so much, the market is going utterly insane.

It is 32m euros potentially rising to 40. The market is insane but there is no surprise in his value increasing so much. When Villareal bought him he had 5 La Liga performances to his name. Now he has had a season and a half as a regular for a team who just came 4th and made the semis of the Europa League. He has also became a regular for the Ivory Coast and played in every game as they won the AFCON last year. So no surprise his value has risen drastically when virtually everything he has done in his career has happened since his move to Villareal. Rashford's value would have skyrocketed in the last few months. If Traore or Grealish had become regulars for you and impressed in the PL and become international regulars their price tags would have increased drastically as well. That is largely how it works with young players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Pep's gonna dominate.

I don't think so, I really think he is overrated. He isn't all that. He failed at Bayern.

I think he'll fail in the prem as well. The guy always gets loads to spend, I would like to see him on a budget of maybe 50m max and see what he can do.

I don't think so, I really think he is overrated. He isn't all that. He failed at Bayern.

I think he'll fail in the prem as well. The guy always gets loads to spend, I would like to see him on a budget of maybe 50m max and see what he can do.

I never get that sentiment, he should try dropping down to a mid table team with a lower budget see how good he really is...

Why would he even entertain that idea?

He shone at barca b, got his chance, took it, why would he ever drop back down? Why do English football fans always seem to struggle with people who achieve something and do prove themselves but our media at the time weren't watching and waxing lyrical about it so it doesn't count?

The way we build up some but knock down others is nuts

That said...bailly, don't know much about the bloke if I'm honest, the price tag means nothing for Utd and Jose they were always going to spend big, I'll measure him vs the 2/3 other young CBs that I think will move around Europe this summer, umtiti linked to barca yesterday, think city will spend similar cash on one, maybe Chelsea too, if Utd get bailly, city get Laporte and Chelsea get romagnoli then that's when you can question his value, at the moment I personally think there are better young players out there for that price (who aren't John stones...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Even though he has come on, done well and is more than capable of performing for City I think Iheanacho would need to probably move out and get a good 30/40 games under his belt at some point.

A nice season at B6 on loan would sort him right out.

*I wish*

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gharperr said:

pretty shocking if wenger lets  Higuain  go plop. Did one snub the other or something in past? Weird 

but then again they are going to sign the guy whos going to win us the euros....

That's typical Wenger though. He is very stubborn and won't do what everyone knows is right. 

Even though he has come on, done well and is more than capable of performing for City I think Iheanacho would need to probably move out and get a good 30/40 games under his belt at some point.

Iheanacho is class i rate him better than Martial

I see United are trying to buy Morata now. 

This is classic Mourinho, no? The only shining light in their season is two of the most promising young strikers in the country, but he's going to replace them for a guy who costs nearly £50m but doesn't actually score all that often and a superstar in his mid-30's who's clearly only joining for bucket list reasons. 

And he'll probably only play one of them at a time as well. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

3 league titles, 2 domestic cups a UEFA Super cup and the club world cup.

"Failed miserably"

:crylaugh:

Well I'm only reading direct quotes from Bayern legends so I would think your opinion doesn't mean s*** compared to theirs...

I can post every single article from their direct quotes and interviews if you would like, but then again you would still say its photo shopped or some crap like that...

• Like 1