Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Odd signing for me, people saying its swap for Walcott is also odd, when has Vardy ever played wide right?

walcott played just as many games upfront as he did wide last season. Ill be very surprised if vardy does sign, that he wont be pushed onto wide areas in quite a few games next season just like walcott/welbeck.

yeh moaning at giroud for lack of goal output whilst wanting morata is lol. He was like 200+ mins per goal or something iirc. Higuain was ~90ish i think. Vardy was much higher than i expected ..like 160-170ish i think?

Edited by gharperr

Man. United signing Eric Bailly from Villareal.

Paul will probably give more insight, he's a decent player but I'd say more Everton or Stoke level. Quite surprised Mourinho has gone for him although maybe he wants him to be a Zouma style development signing for a season and he'll get in an experienced CB while he settles in.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Paul will probably give more insight, he's a decent player but I'd say more Everton or Stoke level. Quite surprised Mourinho has gone for him although maybe he wants him to be a Zouma style development signing for a season and he'll get in an experienced CB while he settles in.

Let's not forget that Chelsea's tactic of hoarding players then loaning them out actually proved very lucrative for them.

Maybe Man U will look to do the same?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not an expert on defenders, he replaced Gabriel didn't he and he hasn't really done it yet at Arsenal. He's been good at Villareal and he's young and other top clubs have shown an interest. 

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Zlatan won't turn up for away games though. Will be good in the comfortable environment of Old Trafford but can't see him doing much at Stoke when likes of Shawcross and Cameron are going through the back of him. Yes on a cold and wet Tuesday night. 

true the last time he played against Shawcross he only got 4 goals

• Like 1

On 04/06/2016 at 17:46, VillaChris said:

Zlatan won't turn up for away games though. Will be good in the comfortable environment of Old Trafford but can't see him doing much at Stoke when likes of Shawcross and Cameron are going through the back of him. Yes on a cold and wet Tuesday night. 

Sorry to pick you up on this also but Zlatan is one of the meanest, nastiest words removed going. He won't be fazed by anyone, yet alone those two clowns.

It's no problem, I just think he'll be one of those players who'll be excellent at home but will go missing in away games when going gets tough.

Bit like Berbatov when he was at Man. United, that season when he was league top scorer with 20 goals and he only scored 3 away from home or something ridiculous.

Zlatan was a non factor when PSG played at Man. City. 

On 6/4/2016 at 20:02, Villan4Life said:

Arsenal fans moan about Giroud even though he scored a lot of goals last season but they want Morata?

Morata's goal record is very poor. didn't he score 7 last season? They will soon be on his back.

It's probably a recent thing as he scored 4 goals in his last 2 games of the season and 0 in about the 20 before that.

Morata has the "big game player" thing going for him as well, seems to score against all the big names in the CL, or play a big part.

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Arsenal apparently in for Mahrez too :lol:

I'm sure they have been linked to Kante too!

The Arsenal scouting department working hard I see!

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair Arsenal desperately need another creative midfielder

What? No they don't. Part of the Xhaka signing is pushing a couple of their midfielders further forward and into that position.

11 minutes ago, 007√ said:

What? No they don't. Part of the Xhaka signing is pushing a couple of their midfielders further forward and into that position.

hqdefault.jpg