Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

54 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It literally happened last season on the walk from the Barton Arms.

Was probably me blasting the Sabbath coming past the Barton to park up.  I've never heard it from anyone local to the area.

You all seem oddly determined that I did not hear Black Sabbath playing out of a bedroom window on the walk from the Bartons to Villa Park last season. So I'm not going to argue anymore. 

Anyway there's just no need for us ever to move out of Aston. Even if we wanted to build a new stadium there's so much industrial land around the area no doubt up for grabs that it's nonsensical to move us elsewhere. 

If they want to do something about the transport infrastructure though that would be awesome. I'm thinking a fully automated elevated tram New York style, because I like mad things, but just a decent train service would be a tremendous help. We are going to feel the strain this season with an extra 6,000 regularly on the gate. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You all seem oddly determined that I did not hear Black Sabbath playing out of a bedroom window on the walk from the Bartons to Villa Park last season. So I'm not going to argue anymore. 

You couldn't have done, I imagine it was an imam who happened to sound like Ozzy, or a Somali, or a random african - because it is 100% impossible that the local area has not been over run by rock hating immigrants. That's why I voted Brexit anyway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You couldn't have done, I imagine it was an imam who happened to sound like Ozzy, or a Somali, or a random african - because it is 100% impossible that the local area has not been over run by rock hating immigrants. That's why I voted Brexit anyway. 

mourinho-9-752x501.png

The whole of Aston is a shithole. Our stadium is probably the only decent thing there, it’s just desolated council houses and chicken shops. But I’d never want our stadium to move as it’s one of the best in country imo. Hopefully the areas closest to the stadium could have something done about it.

28 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

The whole of Aston is a shithole. Our stadium is probably the only decent thing there, it’s just desolated council houses and chicken shops. But I’d never want our stadium to move as it’s one of the best in country imo. Hopefully the areas closest to the stadium could have something done about it.

One of the finest Elizabethan manor houses in the country is right next door. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, meregreen said:

One of the finest Elizabethan manor houses in the country is right next door. 

Very true. Maybe I should have said Aston in general is a shithole. Whilst Aston manor is beautiful, Aston is not a nice place to be. Some amazing architecture in places, but even they are mostly run down.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure you noticed the 17th Century Jacobean mansion house set in parkland just next to the Trinity Road Stand, across the road from the Grade II listed church that's mentioned in the Domesday book, y'know, the one with the tree lined boulevards and the 19th century Edwardian school at the top end?

i mean, yeah, Aston is largely a shithole, but there's more than Villa Park and it ain't impossible to find.

Addressed ahead ⬆️

• Like 1

I went to school in Aston from the age of 11. I caught 2 buses with a walk at each end, we played in Aston Park every lunchtime, (Only shot at once with an air rifle, missed) and we had to walk to the games pitches about a mile away once a week. (Again only shot at once with an air rifle, hit my mate on the arse!). There was occasionally bits of trouble but nothing serious. 

Now all the kids are dropped off and picked up by parents, but I’m not sure that’s indicative of the area being significantly worse. I think it’s more a case of both parents driving and being able to afford two cars. I mean all the kids get dropped off by car in Sutton theses days, even if they only live a 5 minute walk away. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

One does not simply play Black Sabbath in Aston! 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I went to school in Aston from the age of 11. I caught 2 buses with a walk at each end, we played in Aston Park every lunchtime, (Only shot at once with an air rifle, missed) and we had to walk to the games pitches about a mile away once a week. (Again only shot at once with an air rifle, hit my mate on the arse!). There was occasionally bits of trouble but nothing serious. 

Now all the kids are dropped off and picked up by parents, but I’m not sure that’s indicative of the area being significantly worse. I think it’s more a case of both parents driving and being able to afford two cars. I mean all the kids get dropped off by car in Sutton theses days, even if they only live a 5 minute walk away. 

Temperley.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Manton 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Very true. Maybe I should have said Aston in general is a shithole. Whilst Aston manor is beautiful, Aston is not a nice place to be. Some amazing architecture in places, but even they are mostly run down.

By the way for those of you who do not know it. It was once owned by the Holte family Hence The Famous Holte End 

• Like 1

It’s quite simple, we’re Aston Villa, we’re from Aston and that’s where we should stay forever.  

I love Villa Park, I feel the same sense of excited anticipation every time I approach the ground, walk up the steps of The Holte and see the pitch. It’s truly magical and for me wouldn’t ever quite be the same in a modern bowl.

I remember  watching from the Trinity Road with my Dad, when they tried to divide The Holte and the fence was ripped out of the ground  “You’ll never take the Holte End” sang for the whole match. As a young man The Holte became my home. I was there for the final stand. 

Yes the stands have changed over the years and not always for the better, but somehow the glorious old place holds on to the magic. A part of me would die if we ever left. I wouldn’t change it for the world. 

Villa in our blood and Aston in our lungs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

By the way for those of you who do not know it. It was once owned by the Holte family Hence The Famous Holte End 

And, of course, the family enclosure.

Â