Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There is the commonwealth games and I know a-lot of land has been purchased for the ‘village’ it isn't too far from the outlined area.

I hadn’t actually realised that, if a lot of money is going into the area anyway it would certainly help the case.

Councils have pretty wide ranging of compulsory purchase powers so if they were on board in the future there’s no reason it couldn’t happen.

14 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

So did any demolition work take place at Villa Village / the Academy Building this week, as the planning application had indicated?

Well it was packed when i went in the shop today at around 1pm so doubt it!

• Thanks 1

Personally I wasn't that impressed with the Everton mock ups. It just looks like a slightly larger than normal identikit stadium. Goodison as grand and historic as it is is a relic and they do need to move.   This isn't the case for Villa as we will know we have loads of space for any future developments. If/when it ever happens.  If we do it well it will be a USP of Villa like Man U that we have managed to redevelop and stay at the same site all these years.

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

If we were to ever to build a new stadium and Chel€ki ditched their proposed H&DM plans.. as I referenced earlier I’d like to see something like this in red brick with stained glass windows and mosaics. An exterior which is somewhat contemporary but with a nod to our historical past. 

And the interior of the proposed plop stadium... keeping the four separate stands. 

One can but dream ... that’s is to say  if we were to ever move /build a new stadium btw not necessarily wishing for it to happen. H&DM do have last form with recycling old scraped designs for new clients. their proposal for Portsmouth was used by Bordeaux. 

The interior of the plop stadium looks like an airport. Awful.

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The interior of the plop stadium looks like an airport. Awful.

The 4 unique & separate stands though surely are better than generic bowl stadium? It is very Americanised (obviously so) with its huge lobby style corners and your right feels like an airport terminal. 

Edited by thabucks

On 26/07/2019 at 14:02, TrentVilla said:

Yeah they are talking about it.

We have been left behind and not just during our time in the Championship, I used to say this during Lerner's time. 

It will need to be addressed at some point in time you would think.

Knock it down and build a brand new 60,000 seater on the old Smithfield site in the city centre.

• Like 3

The Meaning Evil have done their usual an hijacked someone's twitter account to show pictures of some of the cladding going up at Villa Park. 

It's more branding and covering up bare metal with claret and blue than a full extensive re-clad. 

Anyone know about this summer's minor redevelopment work?  I know they've replaced signs at the ground.  Anything inside the ground?  I have read new LED video screens and an upgraded PA system.  Also I think there was mention of re-opening disused hospitality areas in the Witton Lane and Trinity?  I also think they were upgrading the LED ad-boards and flood lights to meet Premier League requirements?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If they could take down a few letters while they're up there...

Or even just swap them around if they want to save some money.

The oil sluDgE stand anyone? 

• Haha 2

On 24/07/2019 at 20:08, Sulberto21 said:

I think if we can get the area outlined then we can expand our great club. It could be like a fan park vibe before the game. Villa Park would be fantastic. The ground itself can then undergo a proper and correct expansion. 

Hotels , conferencing can be a part of the long term project.

Obviously  it would be extremely difficult and expensive. 

EC667D99-89AA-4476-9E33-FBD7444C55E0.jpeg

Didn't we used to own a hotel and sports centre in the area. Then sold them off ?. 

We have only just started filling the stadium again and not every week. I think its far to early to discuss expansion

Obviously the owners have to balance the cost of rebuilding against how long hopefully filling an extra 10,000 seats will take to get a return on the investment 

extra 10,000 seats x £35 if we fill them £350,000  20 games returns £7m. long way to go to get a return on a rebuild

IMO Fill in the corners for now with restricted viewing and see where we are in a couple of years 

55 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

We have only just started filling the stadium again and not every week. I think its far to early to discuss expansion

Obviously the owners have to balance the cost of rebuilding against how long hopefully filling an extra 10,000 seats will take to get a return on the investment 

extra 10,000 seats x £35 if we fill them £350,000  20 games returns £7m. long way to go to get a return on a rebuild

IMO Fill in the corners for now with restricted viewing and see where we are in a couple of years 

Did you miss the news that we've sold out of season tickets (30k) with thousands more on the waiting list?

When you consider the away fans will take 3k or so, probably a few thousand reserved for corporate tickets - There will only be something like 6k that will go on general sale each game meaning that every home game will have sold out signs this season. 

The only games where you can just walk up on match day will be the early rounds of cup competitions, but only if you avoid the big clubs 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Did you miss the news that we've sold out of season tickets (30k) with thousands more on the waiting list?

When you consider the away fans will take 3k or so, probably a few thousand reserved for corporate tickets - There will only be something like 6k that will go on general sale each game meaning that every home game will have sold out signs this season. 

The only games where you can just walk up on match day will be the early rounds of cup competitions, but only if you avoid the big clubs 

I have a season ticket but it also says im on the waiting list. Must be a system glitch but I wonder if there are more situations like this and it it’s making the waiting list look larger than it really is...

Â