Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

From what I have read the Anfield Stand lower tier is of a reasonable standard as it was built in the 90s. The upper tier is cramped because it was constrained by the road and houses behind it when the club have now bought up and hence the rebuild.  It will probably look bigger than the Kop now. 

The North Stand is both a lot older and the lower tier is very cramped with seats bolted on original terracing. It ain't worth keeping.

That's the part of the ground that failed miserably on the PLs disabled access policy wasn't it? 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Ah, I missed that detail.

We accept your schoolboy error and it can all be forgotten when you fund a free bar before the first game once the new stand is open. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder if this will factor in?

Premier League and Championship clubs given green light over safe standing areas, while Wembley will offer it for domestic fixtures as move is labelled ‘a really good day for football’

Premier League and Championship clubs can apply to operate licensed safe standing areas next season, the government has confirmed.

The government also confirmed that Wembley would also offer limited safe standing for fans from both sets of clubs at domestic matches later in the season, whilst other clubs are expected to apply as the season progresses.

The Football Association will trial safety rails at England’s Nations League match against Germany in September, but at that stage spectators must remain seated.

Once the trials are completed, and should approval be given by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA), 892 seats in the lowest tier behind each goal – 1,784 seats in total – will be in designated safe standing areas.

Sports Minister Nigel Huddleston had said in May he was ‘minded’ to offer the option to all Premier League and Championship clubs on the back of interim findings from independent research on the pilot.

https://talksport.com/football/1143097/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maqroll said:

Apparently there's been a change in plans. The initial plan was to build the new stand behind the current one and then swap them out upon completion. 

That is not happening. There will be a tear down of the NS and a rebuild on the spot, meaning a major disruption to STH there and a major eyesore for the bulk of two seasons. 

I read this too. Apparently the new stand will only link onto the Trinity and not the DE. I think that means the DE will be rebuilt also. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Wonder if this will factor in?

https://talksport.com/football/1143097/

I think it has to surely, at least a section of the new stand. Am assuming you can have more people in stood up vs allocating a seat so an opportunity to increase capacity and revenue further.

Plus, some of us just like standing up at the footy.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it has to surely, at least a section of the new stand. Am assuming you can have more people in stood up vs allocating a seat so an opportunity to increase capacity and revenue further.

All the proposals for safe standing I'm aware of do not increase capacity.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just now, limpid said:

All the proposals for safe standing I'm aware of do not increase capacity.

Yeah, from what I've seen it's just 1 standing place replacing 1 seat 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That makes no sense at all.

Think that's why it's called "safe" standing. It's a safety trade off to get it approved.

Each person gets their own seat… the seats are the same width, so you don’t get more people in.

Way better for Atmos though. I’d much prefer to stand, we do it away games anyways. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maqroll said:

Ah, I missed that detail.

I did some digging and looks like you were in fact correct.  According to another fan page , the fan consultation group held in April said that they were planning to follow the Liverpool route ...

In the Villa Fan Consultation Group (FCG) meeting with Christian Purslow back in April, it had been explained that in terms of building a new North Stand, Villa were planning to take a similar approach to Liverpool’s recent stand rebuilding.

In that, the new North Stand would be developed behind the existing one and built over it. This would allow the club to pretty much continue to operate at full capacity on matchdays, while the building work was undertaken.

Apparently, it was decided against due to both the terrible nature of the existing stand, the complications of making it match or fit in the new styling, the fact it would limit our ability to future proof all aspects of the build,  and the aforementioned exisiting lack of compliance with Uefa disability regulations.

So you were right it was a change in plans, albeit from a point in time when the plans were only very loosely determined a couple of months ago.

• Like 2

I see there's talk of the club regenarating Witton station (Aston is just as bad after a game). There's no point if West Midlands trains continues to put the same amount of trains on. Just put more bloody trains on after games, it really is that simple!

43 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I see there's talk of the club regenarating Witton station (Aston is just as bad after a game). There's no point if West Midlands trains continues to put the same amount of trains on. Just put more bloody trains on after games, it really is that simple!

The last few times I’ve got the train up, trains have been fairly regular, so I’d say they have started that already. Much better than what it was at the start of the season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Platform extensions to increase the number of carriages will also be beneficial 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

The club has no control over the station or the trains.

I always puzzled why people think this is a easy fix. It’s the train operator and the council. The club are lucky to be in situation that development is happening already in Birmingham and the Euro bid. The club has taken advantage of this to push the council. 

Hopefully we see end to problems 

Edited by Villa_Stateside

On 04/07/2022 at 19:09, bannedfromHandV said:

That makes no sense at all.

In an existing stand it makes perfect sense

More people results in more doors, more fire exits, more toilets and more disabled access which the vast majority of buildings can't do, better infrastructure too and things like more parkinf spaces 

Future proofing the new stand to allow for 2:1 might make sense but the PL / FA have shown no willingness to go beyond 1:1 and it'll be hard to see them saying to villa, spurs, Liverpool yeah in your shiny new stands you can go 2:1 but the other 17 teams can't... That won't work

There's also the problem that people have asked for safe standing on the basis that it improves atmosphere and is actually safer for people who stand all game anyway, they haven't asked for it on the basis of increasing capacity and making more money (because the answer would have been no) 

• Like 1

Â