Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

52 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

These two sentences are in direct opposition to one another.

Not in his world because he'd found some inaccurate website that said we were not selling out. It had got our average PL attendance as 37,000 last year and just 28,500 in 19-20.  

God only knows how they worked it out. 

The business case for the Live building is completely obvious imo as it's a Thursday at the end of June how many people do you think visited VP today? Maybe 100 at best ventured over to the club shop or for a tour, even that's incredibly generous 

The new stand would be something noses would never understand, the idea of increased capacity but then also better corporate facilities (I've not seen that anywhere - as a side does anyone know the difference in cost per season between a box in the trinity and a box in the North?) 

I’ve given my feedback for Villa Live could also  house an extreme sports centre for skating, climbing and possibly deep diving pool like they’ve built in Folkestone https://f51.co.uk … Expensive and unrealistic but that’s the sort of attraction which will bring people to Villa park day and night all year round, 

Edited by thabucks

It’s a shame the national football museum is in Manchester rather than the midlands, would attract people from all around if we could have something like that

I guess when fully up and running it would be nice if we could get gigs similar to the o2 academy / wulfrun hall 

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’ve given my feedback for Villa Live could also  house an extreme sports centre for skating, climbing and possibly deep diving pool like they’ve built in Folkestone https://f51.co.uk … Expensive and unrealistic but that’s the sort of attraction which will bring people to Villa park day and night all year round, 

I think there’s an element of “build it and they will come” to our plans. As a bloke who’s 59, knowing what people 30 or 40 years younger than me want, or any age for that matter, is not one of my strengths. However I’m not alone in this and so I think to some extent people don’t realise that they want something until they’ve got it, or perhaps someone else has got it. 

Not many years ago, I didn’t know that I needed to give my opinions to strangers at anytime of day or night. But here we are at 5.55am. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not in his world because he'd found some inaccurate website that said we were not selling out. It had got our average PL attendance as 37,000 last year and just 28,500 in 19-20.  

God only knows how they worked it out. 

Was he including the behind closed doors games in project restart? :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The business case for the Live building is completely obvious imo as it's a Thursday at the end of June how many people do you think visited VP today? Maybe 100 at best ventured over to the club shop or for a tour, even that's incredibly generous 

I've said this before when people were questioning the need for the hotel. 

You would be amazed at how busy Villa Park can be midweek and evenings.  There are so many meeting and conferences spaces. I've been to business events, launches and meetings in The Holte Hotel and in The North Stand. 

I've been to and arranged myself conferences involving hundreds of people in The Trinity Road Stand.  So many people comment on how special it is when looking at the panoramic view of the pitch compared to the usual bland hotel somewhere they would usually go to. 

At night there are dinners in the restaurants and banquets in The Holte Suite. 

The Trinity Road Stand in particular is a superb facility as it stands and by the sound of it they are going to make it even better. 

So yes obviously Villa Live is going to ramp all this up to a other level but Villa Park now is already a destination in it's own right. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Another forum I occasionally contribute to regarding construction has a thread about this.

An idiot nose got involved as follows:

Villa almost never finish in the Top half,
Villa don't Win trophies,
Villa never turn a profit
Villa's average attendance show there is no demand for a bigger stadium:

(link to a spurious website with completely inaccurate Villa attendance statistics which he must have sought out ignoring all the regular sites showing sell out's over the last 3 years before he found something more suitable for his agenda)

On average over the last decade Villa have averaged 6000 empty seats per game.

For there to be a genuine Business case here for Multi million pound redevelopment, Villa would need to sell out every season for at least 3-5 seasons.

There is no Business case for this expansion.

I had to put him right on a thing or two :clap:

Such a typical saddo.

He had said similar about Wolves and some bloke said something about theirs and our waiting lists and also added that regardless of this regular maintenance of football stands are needed as they "wouldn't want any of their stands out of action through lack of maintenance, for example" :D

Look, he did his own research and that’s all that counts these days. Regardless of the subject. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Yardbirds chicken will be in the upper Holte all next season 

Of course.

Once again the hoity-toity in the Upper (class) Holte get all the goodies whilst us Lower Holte people continue to get nothing but garbage. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

it is should be easy fix these, just replace windows and board up by colour claret & Blue board and windows to nice facelift

Get some nice bronze crittall windows and ornate modern detailing and viola. 

88BB9210-DA47-4BAA-B05D-CB6C7B636E70.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

Looking online on the various consultation bits on the website. Trying to read between the lines on the eventual capacity

-The proposed work now will result in  over 50,000 capacity after a new North Stand and refurbished Trinity Road stand

-The long term vision is to be over 52,500 capacity, and from 2025 onwards  the club will be identifying further refurbishment works and capacity uplifts to the other two stands

-However elsewhere in the consultation it says that the ambition is to have Villa Park close to 60,000? Which is it?

So I think the current works will result in a ground just north of 50K. Further work seems a bit aspirational at the moment. Would work on the Doug Ellis only result in about  a further 2,000 seats? As for the Holte I can't see how that could be made any bigger without completing knocking it down and starting again. The trinity road narrows the land the further you go back.

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Looking online on the various consultation bits on the website. Trying to read between the lines on the eventual capacity

-The proposed work now will result in  over 50,000 capacity after a new North Stand and refurbished Trinity Road stand

-The long term vision is to be over 52,500 capacity, and from 2025 onwards  the club will be identifying further refurbishment works and capacity uplifts to the other two stands

-However elsewhere in the consultation it says that the ambition is to have Villa Park close to 60,000? Which is it?

So I think the current works will result in a ground just north of 50K. Further work seems a bit aspirational at the moment. Would work on the Doug Ellis only result in about  a further 2,000 seats? As for the Holte I can't see how that could be made any bigger without completing knocking it down and starting again. The trinity road narrows the land the further you go back.

I was thinking this. 

Trinity you could expand on our land,  or make the stand steeper maybe... but if they're planning improvement work inside it they can't be be thinking about expanding the capacity of it any time soon...other than the few hundred seats they mention in the corner.

The Holte can't possibly be demolished for me...may as well move to a new stadium.

The only obvious choice is the Whitton stand, which can be expanded over the road. But it's also going to need compulsory purchase of the houses  that way...and I'm fundamentally against this. If someone wanted to compulsory purchase my house I'd expect to be able to tell them to f#%k off and not be told that I have zero rights. Assume Villa will be as fair as possible in the negotiations, and if those people want that to happen then fair enough, but outside of that I'm not sure where we're getting another 10k seats from.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I was thinking this. 

Trinity you could expand on our land,  or make the stand steeper maybe... but if they're planning improvement work inside it they can't be be thinking about expanding the capacity of it any time soon...other than the few hundred seats they mention in the corner.

The Holte can't possibly be demolished for me...may as well move to a new stadium.

The only obvious choice is the Whitton stand, which can be expanded over the road. But it's also going to need compulsory purchase of the houses  that way...and I'm fundamentally against this. If someone wanted to compulsory purchase my house I'd expect to be able to tell them to f#%k off and not be told that I have zero rights. Assume Villa will be as fair as possible in the negotiations, and if those people want that to happen then fair enough, but outside of that I'm not sure where we're getting another 10k seats from.

We know that the new stand will form a lower bowl with the trinity, so is their potential in the future to add seats in the upper sections? However surely this would be a inefficient way of doing things in remodelling a stand 5-10 years down the line.

The only other option is to build down and add a few more seats whilst lowering the pitch.  Rangers did this at Ibrox but that only gives you hundreds, not thousands. of extra seats.

It is clear to me that it will be the Doug Ellis Stand that will be demolished and rebuilt to get us to 60K.  I expect that will mean the closure of the road - and pedestrianisation.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Saw this on the tinted web … 

EA65C0E6-5795-45E4-9128-144AD7A92162.jpeg

DD4A1C6F-548C-42DF-A9D3-597F89C8BFAE.jpeg

Not sure where you saw that, but it doesnt align with what they've said.

The roof of North and Trinity will stay separate, they don't want a bowl and need to allow light to the houses behind that on Nelson Road.

The players tunnel is moving to the corner as well, so won't be in the same position it is now. Is this an old speculative what we could do image?

Â