Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Very surprised nobody has attempted this yet, but a VR stand, basically stick a 360 camera in a spot in the ground, put someone in the ground and surround them with the other vr supporter's 

and then broadcast so people can pay to watch it in VR at home? I think it would have to be a deal through the Premier League and their bidders for TV packages in the next round of rights, rather than something that can be done ad-hoc by a club.

Interior modifications will also be to accommodate the players tunnel having moved to the corner between the north stand and end of the trinity.. I'll be amazed if they don't refurb the areas around that and take the opportunity to improve the service across the stand at the same time.

Do we need such  a large area for car parking, especially if access to Brookvale is opened up? We have a huge amount of land at  the back of the North Stand and was just wondering if this could be better used for further facilities or developments. Or put a underground car park in. Just throwing some ideas into the mix.

20 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Very surprised nobody has attempted this yet, but a VR stand, basically stick a 360 camera in a spot in the ground, put someone in the ground and surround them with the other vr supporter's 

Im sure you can do this with some clubs already, a mate got the Oculus VR thing for his PS5 recently and was saying he watched something live, maybe a United game (Essex untitled fan: classic) 

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it is more down to keeping the local population happy and local councillors. Need to be mindful that there are lots of people who live nearby who will have disruption for 18 months.

Didn't stop the council knocking the a34 flyover down. They don't care what effect these things have on local residents 

44 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Man City have it coming 

Not seen yet if it bypasses the TV rights and gives them exclusive coverage that they can charge for individually 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do we need such  a large area for car parking, especially if access to Brookvale is opened up? We have a huge amount of land at  the back of the North Stand and was just wondering if this could be better used for further facilities or developments. Or put a underground car park in. Just throwing some ideas into the mix.

Guessing the issue with this and why the Villa Live building is planned where it is is because of the housing around that area?

They said they wanted the parking at the back and away from the pedestrian areas. So they won't build too far back. 

But based on the questions the my were asking in the survey they're probably looking to see what the demand is for the services they could offer in villa live before deciding how  much space the building will need to take up. 

23 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Hope there will be a Nandos 

Not sure why anyone would want that but no way that's going to happen unless Villa Live gets some serious daily use. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure why anyone would want that but no way that's going to happen unless Villa Live gets some serious daily use. 

Wasnt Digbeth Dining club once at Villa Park on Matchdays? Could see them move to Villa Live 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Wasnt Digbeth Dining club once at Villa Park on Matchdays? Could see them move to Villa Live 

That I would put money on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Thats what I think will be best, up and coming vendors who get a good local following, imagine if the original patty men turned up there

Or failing that one of the chains who are a franchise (not sure nandos are) and not a 5 per town one, something more like a shake shack, if cinnabon set up there my wife would be at VP more than me 

3 hours ago, spiezels said:

Im sure you can do this with some clubs already, a mate got the Oculus VR thing for his PS5 recently and was saying he watched something live, maybe a United game (Essex untitled fan: classic) 

Was he able to get his prawn sandwich into his mouth without missing it

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pete101 said:

Weirdly, this was one of Dr Tony's plans 6 years ago! 

• Shocked 1

As we all know now Dr Tony was a charlatan and I don't think you could take any of his stadium redevelopment claims seriously.  We very nearly sold the  land in which the new inner city academy is now being built on until NWSE came in.

This seems the most ambitious redevelopment plans when compared to the original plans by Doug and then Lerner. Both were more focused on just increasing capacity, whereas this looks like a major masterplan including the Villa Live project. 

It would be interesting to see what a possible 'stage 2' would look like on Witton Lane. If NWSE overall long term ambition is for  Villa Park to be 60,000 then that would require a huge new stand on Witton Lane. However jumping the gun a bit here, that could be 10 years down the line.

• Like 2

Another forum I occasionally contribute to regarding construction has a thread about this.

An idiot nose got involved as follows:

Villa almost never finish in the Top half,
Villa don't Win trophies,
Villa never turn a profit
Villa's average attendance show there is no demand for a bigger stadium:

(link to a spurious website with completely inaccurate Villa attendance statistics which he must have sought out ignoring all the regular sites showing sell out's over the last 3 years before he found something more suitable for his agenda)

On average over the last decade Villa have averaged 6000 empty seats per game.

For there to be a genuine Business case here for Multi million pound redevelopment, Villa would need to sell out every season for at least 3-5 seasons.

There is no Business case for this expansion.

I had to put him right on a thing or two :clap:

Such a typical saddo.

He had said similar about Wolves and some bloke said something about theirs and our waiting lists and also added that regardless of this regular maintenance of football stands are needed as they "wouldn't want any of their stands out of action through lack of maintenance, for example" :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For there to be a genuine Business case here for Multi million pound redevelopment, Villa would need to sell out every season for at least 3-5 seasons.

There is no Business case for this expansion.

These two sentences are in direct opposition to one another.

Â