Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Presumably anyone on the waiting list after this season starts, is still going to be on it after the season after next season ends.... work starting Oct 23 (presumably no North Stand season tickets for season starting aug 23) work ending march 25.

That's a 3 year down the line scenario where I think they'll need to hope people's situations haven't materially changed. Obviously, you'll have a lot of people joining in the interim but can see those on it now almost being guaranteed a ticket by the time the new North comes up if they still want one. 

I like to think of that as a gesture of confidence from the owners - the confidence that come the 2025/26 season we'll be very capable of filling 50,000 seats.

Even at the meeting yesterday - when people on the inside talk about the club, there's always a mention of "in the future when there is European football" we have confident, capable owners.

The list is closed at the moment and has around 26.5k people on it - they closed it because it's pretty pointless anyone joining at the moment - we only have this season at full capacity.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We did. Lerner replaced all of the signage and refurbished the internal corporate areas.  Not sure how much they can do with it.

In terms of the new stand I presume the access will now be from Trinity road only if Witton lane is pedestrian only on match days.

Also is the away section staying where they are, or will they be moved into a upper section of the new stand?

Phase 2 has significant investment in the Trinity Road stand, I"m hoping some of that money finds its way to the outside.

Access to the car park will I think be through a mix of Witton Road and Witton Lane, the car park is naturally next to the Witton Road entrance - some of the parking that's usually behind the North Stand will be on Brookvale anyway, so there will be less cars in the area than there are now and the away coach parking is likely to move further out.

The away section is staying where it is.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

This arrangement has been in force for years.  I've always wondered why they didn't install proper security bollards, how expensive can they be compared to this? 

Wouldn't it need to be the council that installed bollards? These are public roads.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like to think of that as a gesture of confidence from the owners - the confidence that come the 2025/26 season we'll be very capable of filling 50,000 seats.

Even at the meeting yesterday - when people on the inside talk about the club, there's always a mention of "in the future when there is European football" we have confident, capable owners.

The list is closed at the moment and has around 26.5k people on it - they closed it because it's pretty pointless anyone joining at the moment - we only have this season at full capacity.

I don't doubt we'll sell out if they continue investing as they have, or even slightly less given the potential of our youth players.

Thinking about it.  Attrition may account for 2k lost tickets per season.  Not sure how many we lost this year but guess it was slightly higher with inflation and price increase. Over the next 3 years may lose around 8k total.  Only 7.5k or so extra seats (not all season tickets), so looking at maybe 15.5k for the 26.5k on the list.

Reckon you throw in 5k on the list that don't actually go through. So in that scenario still left with 5k on the waiting list....  Can see why they've closed it. 

I have no basis for those figures, but just thinking it through, maybe I was optimistic saying everyone on it should get chance for a ticket in 3 years time

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Thinking about it.  Attrition may account for 2k lost tickets per season.  Not sure how many we lost this year but guess it was slightly higher with inflation and price increase.

According to the club, this season saw the highest renewal rate we've ever had - we've lost about 1,500.

• Like 2

I’m not going to comment on the design until we see something more detailed.

What I do want to say is if both phases go through when we get to the end of the decade we will be in a better position to compete but I feel more crucially for the very long term future of the club we will have improved our perception amongst football fans and crucially new owners in the future.

There aren’t that many teams in the world with a stadium that large that is also modern.

The Doug Ellis and North stand are garbage as well so it can only be an improvement 

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wouldn't it need to be the council that installed bollards? These are public roads.

Well yeah, obviously you would have to work with The Council, there will be a Section Summat or other where a private company funds stuff.  I see no reason why the council wouldn't work with them. 

Edited by sidcow

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wow.  That's really impressive. 

60,000 really shouldn't be off the agenda then... ESPECIALLY if we are competing at a higher level in future. 

We're becoming a 1 team city. 

22 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Also we have an old aesthetic to Villa Park which other clubs don't have with their boring modern looking stadiums. 

What we’re looking for is a barn conversion or a big old Manor House on the outside, continuing the ambience as we enter but with all the mod cons. Timeless class but with modern conveniences. The best of the old combined with the best of the new. 

As part of the area development and improvement scheme the club would be obliged to pay for it though prior to adoption to the City Council. It still wouldn't affect the overall operation of the install as many Authorities have these installed and under maintenance contract 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’m not going to comment on the design until we see something more detailed.

What I do want to say is if both phases go through when we get to the end of the decade we will be in a better position to compete but I feel more crucially for the very long term future of the club we will have improved our perception amongst football fans and crucially new owners in the future.

There aren’t that many teams in the world with a stadium that large that is also modern.

The Doug Ellis and North stand are garbage as well so it can only be an improvement 

Despite a few on here clearly not understanding the very simple point of a consultation, before we see more detailed plans is the perfect time to comment on the design!

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Despite a few on here clearly not understanding the very simple point of a consultation, before we see more detailed plans is the perfect time to comment on the design!

giphy.gif

The news even made Construction Enquirer today! 

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2022/06/29/aston-villa-unveil-plans-for-100m-stadium-expansion/ 

Aston Villa Football Club has launched a pre-application planning consultation on the first phase of its £100m+ improvement plans for its Villa Park home in Birmingham....[etc.]

There's no way the council won't be fully supportive of nearly any development to the stadium, especially if it also helps fund some regeneration of the area.

We should hopefully find very few stumbling blocks for our plans for the North Stand and Trinity developments.  Really hope they don't just upgrade the interior of the trinity though, and do fix the exterior. 

Be interested to see how we handle the Whitton Lane situation if/when we get to that stage in a few more years time. 

Â