Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

18 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

wonder why the team benches are not on the Witton Lane side. The trend these days is to have the LED board fully wrap around the side facing the camera.

Put simply, size. 

There's not room in the Witton Lane Stand for the dressing rooms and all the other rooms associated with that and it would be odd to have them on the other side of the ground to the tunnel.

36 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Something I noticed: Looks like the top floor of Villa Live is designated comercial space with no purpose currently so I assume they are hoping to flog that out to A third party like Nando’s or such like.

Club offices I assumed …. They are losing office space from the North so I’d guess that’s it’s purpose … 

Edited by thabucks

In regards to any further expansion they have mentioned adding to DE and the Holte.  I wonder if this would involve reprofiling the corner of the Doug Ellis and adding seats around the corner to the Holte?  At the moment it is a odd angle because they had to re do the seats in the lower Doug Ellis after they added  the second tier when they discovered asbestos. It is currently used for entry for ambulances but perhaps this access be added to the new trinity and north stand  corner which will have the new players tunnel.   It would also more of less complete the 'lower tier bowl' they seem very keen on with the North Stand.

4 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Something I noticed: Looks like the top floor of Villa Live is designated comercial space with no purpose currently so I assume they are hoping to flog that out to A third party like Nando’s or such like.

Where? 

Left hand side is the sports bar, right hand side is the club shop 

I'm guessing the villa experience and the heritage experience will be some sort of mini museum effort 

Edited by villa4europe

Interesting listening to the Claret & Blue Podcast this week. 

Ashley Preece states demolition work will begin stright after the Brighton game, but wasnt a concert recently announced at Villa Park in the summer, Bruce Springsteen I think?

He also mentioned a monorail from Aston Station straight to Villa Park is being considered. 

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

Interesting listening to the Claret & Blue Podcast this week. 

Ashley Preece states demolition work will begin stright after the Brighton game, but wasnt a concert recently announced at Villa Park in the summer, Bruce Springsteen I think?

He also mentioned a monorail from Aston Station straight to Villa Park is being considered. 

Not in 100 billion years will a monorail be built between Villa Park and Aston Station. Where the hell has he got that from?  Sounds like someone is pulling his plonker and he's totally fallen for it. 

I've seen it said that the concert can be in conjunction with the development because the stage would be in front of The North Stand anyway. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not in 100 billion years will a monorail be built between Villa Park and Aston Station. Where the hell has he got that from?  Sounds like someone is pulling his plonker and he's totally fallen for it. 

I've seen it said that the concert can be in conjunction with the development because the stage would be in front of The North Stand anyway. 

I thought he said a train from Aston to the Airport??

40 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

No, the big big proposal for 2040 completion which I don't think has been approved has Aston to the city centre on what they're calling the chamberlain line and then on to castle Bromwich before finishing in Minworth, it's a Longbridge to Minworth line 

The line that runs to the airport and hs2 which I think has been approved runs past SHA 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm only commenting on what @Junxs posted, I never heard it.

If we're talking about a tram route from Aston to The Airport (via City Centre I would imagine) then that's a completely different thing and I could see that happening. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I’m hearing the monorail is not for us, it’s more of a St Andrew’s idea……

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Increasing ground capacity for thousands of none existent people that won't pay a penny to watch the football currently on offer.

Sound plan.

You think the waiting list is just made up? 

• Like 3

Â