Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To get to 50,000 they'll have to - it'll be immense!

But we are the famous the famous Holte End

Got to be honest, does not sit pretty with me, The Mrs has always said I’m dead against change of any sort

I only got over the Trinity redevelopment last year

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

True but you know people will moan 😆

As someone who is roughly 11,000th in the waiting list for season tickets, and having to buy tickets on a match by match basis… I will be very disappointed if I can’t get match tickets for a year ☹️☹️

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

As someone who is roughly 11,000th in the waiting list for season tickets, and having to buy tickets on a match by match basis… I will be very disappointed if I can’t get match tickets for a year ☹️☹️

This is why they should have started to do it when there was no fans as wouldn’t have had the effect it will have now with tickets 

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

But we are the famous the famous Holte End

Got to be honest, does not sit pretty with me, The Mrs has always said I’m dead against change of any sort

I only got over the Trinity redevelopment last year

I never will. 😢

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought we give 10% of the capacity to away clubs?

No. The rules is whichever is the lower of either 3000 or 10%. So any ground over 30000 capacity it’s 3000, and any smaller than 30000 it’s 10%. That’s PL rules. Cups is 15% (with some caveats).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think what's really exciting about this is that people underestimate just how big the new North Stand will have to be for us to hit 50,000. That's 8,000 more seats - the current stand only holds around 7,400 - it'll be more than double the size of the current one.

To get us to 50,000 the North Stand will need to have seats for around 15,500 people - that'll mean it''ll be 2,000 seats bigger than the Holte End.

The current North Stand has less seats than the Lower Holte - the new one will be the biggest stand in the ground.

That sounds totally bonkers, but will be amazing to see it

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

True but you know people will moan, but still should have done it when we had chance with no fans

Yes, they should have forseen the pandemic 2 years ago and got architectural plans drawn up, planning permission granted, building works tenders sent out and contractor appointed just as those guys were flying back from the Austrian Ski resort. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

When they built The Holte the lower section opened only a couple of months into the season.

The lower half of the New North Stand, or the Mallory Edens stand as I like to call it, should on it's own put Villa Park back to current capacity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think what's really exciting about this is that people underestimate just how big the new North Stand will have to be for us to hit 50,000. That's 8,000 more seats - the current stand only holds around 7,400 - it'll be more than double the size of the current one.

To get us to 50,000 the North Stand will need to have seats for around 15,500 people - that'll mean it''ll be 2,000 seats bigger than the Holte End.

The current North Stand has less seats than the Lower Holte - the new one will be the biggest stand in the ground.

If they filled the corners fully do you reckon the new stand could be slightly shorter than the Holte? I guess as long as the Holte is free-standing as it is now it would retain most of its uniqueness even if it was slightly less big. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Will they name it the Ron Saunders End? 

That’s a good idea.

I always thought that Warwickshire CCC should have named one of there ends after Ian Bell 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have you seen how Liverpools Kop is dwarfed by all the other stands? 

The Holte is made by the people. 

Liverpool’s Kop has always been dwarfed by the other stands. The first time I went there in the late 70s I couldn’t believe how tiny it was

• Like 2

Â