Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

54 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ok. Well just on the off chance we have I’d like to get my next couple of years Posts in now...

So glad/bitter we got those new owners they are far better/ worse than the Doc/ that pillock.....it just proves all the critics/ doomomgers/ optimists/ neutrals that they were right/ talking out their backsides.

At last/ again we have owners who will build/ destroy the Club and make us proud/ ashamed to be a Villa fan.

I hope they invest heavily/ tread carefully in buying experience/ young talent and, ideally predominantly British/ continental.

I am confident/ suicidal about our future.

You forgot 'this great club'. Got to throw that one in too.

10 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Recon Group UK is showing 69,459,889 shares. It was 1 share before.

Didn't Xia buy Villa for around this £69m mark?....probably grabbing at straws and hoping beyond all hope that all this means he is selling up.

60m plus 22m overdraft so 82m ish, which explains the initial share allocation of 83m (so 83m I guess) Not sure about the Recon Group part, will take a look now

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

60m plus 22m overdraft so 82m ish, which explains the initial share allocation of 83m (so 83m I guess) Not sure about the Recon Group part, will take a look now

Got ya...I remember (and just checked) an article on sky that stated he bought us for between £60m-£70m. Wasn't some of that deferred though on the back of going up inside 2 years? or was there an additional payment to be made on top of this figure if we had gone up?

1 minute ago, KSV said:

all the silence from all parties at AVFC...  smells to me like a take over is occurring. Remember similar around the Lerner sale. 

Could be very possible, nothing imminent though. As i said a few pages back, likely an NDA is in place and Due Diligence happening. Until Xia speaks we don't really know though

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

YESSSSS ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO MILLION BIG ONES!!! 

Maybe Xia has won the Lotto or something!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can't wait for Bruce to spunk those eggs on some mega star! :D  

Everything is coming up MILLHOUSE!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooooooooooo *big breath* OOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can honestly say that my time on VT would mostly be a depressing one without @lapal_fan to cheer me up with his utter madness.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

all the silence from all parties at AVFC...  smells to me like a take over is occurring. Remember similar around the Lerner sale. 

Club was up for sale for around 2 years - in that time Lerner made around 2 statements. I really don't anything will happen that quickly - the probably shuffles any sale a little further along - but doubt there is a buyer yet ..IMO of course.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I can honestly say that my time on VT would mostly be a depressing one without @lapal_fan to cheer me up with his utter madness.

I even added a neat little GIF to brighten up your miserable existence a little tiny bit more :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Club was up for sale for around 2 years - in that time Lerner made around 2 statements. I really don't anything will happen that quickly - the probably shuffles any sale a little further along - but doubt there is a buyer yet ..IMO of course.

yeah but Lerner was asking for like 250 million or something crazy at one stage. 

5 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Got ya...I remember (and just checked) an article on sky that stated he bought us for between £60m-£70m. Wasn't some of that deferred though on the back of going up inside 2 years? or was there an additional payment to be made on top of this figure if we had gone up?

An additional payment had we of gone up. I'd take the 83m as a solid and reliable sale figure as those were the shares issued at point of purchase. We're in the same state we were yesterday really and that's limbo. One point is if imminent External investment was the preferred option, Xia wouldn't have allocated shares to himself, it would have been to the people/person investing. I think we can rule out any immediate investment unless it is via China and through Recon and the web of businesses connected 

@Jareth saw your post above, this may clear the investment part up or not.

Edited by TheEgo
  • Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Howard Hodgson is very quiet 

yeah was thinking that myself.. he led a consortium or was with one before Tony Xia. At least his heart would be in the right place. Genuine villa fan. Not sure they would have the money though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

yeah but Lerner was asking for like 250 million or something crazy at one stage. 

Yea, and that was when we were finishing 17th every year! 

JUST IMAGINE WHAT WE'RE WORTH NOW WE FINISHED 4th!?!?!?!!?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Make It Rain Money GIF

baby dancing GIF

12 minutes ago, KSV said:

is that as Crazy as Xia asking for £60m now ? for a massive loss making, debt ridden football club ? 

6 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I was thinking the same about an hour ago. He's barely been active on Twitter since he said he was trying to help out. 

Maybe he is leading the buy out consortium and cannot mention it because of an NDA ?

Off the wall thought - could Xia offer shares for sale to villa supporters ? - he keeps control and raises some cash. ? - we get a voice on the board but Xia has the final say...

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

is that as Crazy as Xia asking for £60m now ? for a massive loss making, debt ridden football club ? 

i think you would have more buyers at that sort of money as apposed to 250 million. Some clubs spend more on players these days. Villa is worth 60 million.. maybe not on paper at this stage.. but you would be mad to sell it for any less. Probably why Dr is trying to keep it. 

Â