Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Not much. Other clubs have been run terribly. It reports we have assured them we are working hard to seek outside investment. That's all they will care about. 

The EFL have been given enough by the club to cover their ass, and that is all they are after.

Not much. Other clubs have been run terribly. 

In the 2016/17 season, 19 of 24 clubs made losses, so had cash put in by the owner to pay for things - don't know last season. Today's news report - 'Owner provides cash to club'. In the context of the hullabalooo of Wyness' departure, then I see why this is in the news, and why it is framed as it has been, but I imagine for at least 19 of 24 clubs the same report could be written this month, next month and so on. Is that a crisis? Or is that the reality of competing in the championship? We still do not know Tony's financial position, or even where he is, clearly he's trying to raise investment so we know he is short on cash - but is he so short on cash he can't keep the club afloat until the necessary financial changes are made? Today's news adds to that picture and makes the case that he can do right by the club - rather than being a fraud/dishonest/Carson Yeung. And why defend the guy? Innocent until proven guilty in my book. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Oh, so nothing to see after all that fuss then....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/21/aston-villa-survive-another-month-owner-provides-5m-funds/

Aston Villa are set to avoid the threat of another financial crisis after owner Dr Tony Xia assured the Championship club around £5m in funds.

Villa are confident of paying this month’s pay-roll and tax bill on time, as it emerged talks were held this week with the Football League over their future plans.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, has met with Villa officials and is understood to have received assurances that Xia is working hard to source outside investment and meet the club’s financial obligations.

Xia has been struggling with cash-flow issues in China and was late making a payment to HMRC in May, but has since provided the money to keep the club running for at least another month. It is understood the first round of June’s payments are due on Friday.

Though Villa’s problems are far from over, it suggests Xia remains determined to solve their financial worries and avert the nightmare scenario of administration.

Living hand to mouth isn’t a good situation to be in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

1) haha, come on. What a way to just brush off 2 pretty unusual events. We failed to pay our tax bill, and at the moment the CEO, who was suspended, is taking the club to court. You act like these are normal weekly events for most clubs. 

2) what? If we are experiencing financial issues it is because of him and probably due to his lack of honesty when he bought us. What if him trying to sort it ends up saddling the club with crippling debt? What if it involves selling shares to people who bring new problems? The idea we should just back him because is laughable. The kind of blind faith the last guy was given for far too long.

3) is he fighting for us? It seems he is fighting to keep his investment and his mirage of vast wealth. 

Number 1 could easily be put down to the CEO not sorting the tax bill so getting sacked for being negligent. At present we don’t know  since the DR has been here he’s been giving money monthly to pay the bills and has done so again  FFP is a different scenario which we all knew would happen with dwindling income  you’re all over the place on number 2  if he’s sells it could be to someone worse s our I’m no that’s sure if you’re for or against the dr staying as with number 3. Whether he wants to protect his investment or not the only way he doesn’t that’s is by us being successful so on that we can’t lose.  

5 hours ago, blandy said:

To me that would be extraordinarily unlikely, (but it's not impossible) . No one with an iota of sense of business savvy would invest any notable amout of money before ascertaining via DD the actual sate of the club (business). Mike Ashley bought Newcastle without doing due dilligence, I suppose, but that was monumnetally foolish. It would be even more foolish to invest in AVFC without having complete transparency of the financial state of the club, seeing the full ownership arrangements and being assured that Chinese financial opacity and complexity wouldn't see your money simply vanish. Even to agree to buy in prinicple, you'd want an agreed price, and again, to work out if any figure was acceptable or not, you'd need the full picture.

Only an idiot would do what you suggest, IMO. ANd I'd be as wary of any such as I am about the current situation. 

I did say after DD

15 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I see, that makes things a lot clearer. It does make sense. What threw me off originally was the Chinese investment suggestion, as I would imagine they are hindered by the same restrictions that Xia is apparently experiencing, but it would also mean, as you say, that there is no clear plan ahead.

As for Psychology, ha! I've spent the better part of the last 72 hours studying various research done by psychologists and was enrolled to do a Bachelor of Psychology this year before I switched to Youth Work! I only find it boring when the research is flawed or lacking in examination. There's some profound insight to be gained.

Nice, I have a degree in Psychology and love a lot of research and theories, there is much insight to be gained, you're spot on. 

About the press articles.

They came in three waves - those at the start re HMRC, those immediately after containing ludicrous figures about wages and other financial details only someone in the know could deliver to a journalist and be treated as a reliable source - Wyness. Then those after which were literally the product of the same news stories **** themselves and producing bastard news articles all deformed and manky looking, like your average blues fan. Then in the midst of all that filthy click-bait 'journalism' some boring old facts emerge. Things like Villa meeting the EFL, and the outcome. Then the really sexy stuff like 'owner pays bills'. Call it a natural talent for seeing poo-peddlars for what they are. I'm now off to google 'complimentary bias' as it sounds so bloody clever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Oh, so nothing to see after all that fuss then....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/21/aston-villa-survive-another-month-owner-provides-5m-funds/

Aston Villa are set to avoid the threat of another financial crisis after owner Dr Tony Xia assured the Championship club around £5m in funds.

Villa are confident of paying this month’s pay-roll and tax bill on time, as it emerged talks were held this week with the Football League over their future plans.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, has met with Villa officials and is understood to have received assurances that Xia is working hard to source outside investment and meet the club’s financial obligations.

Xia has been struggling with cash-flow issues in China and was late making a payment to HMRC in May, but has since provided the money to keep the club running for at least another month. It is understood the first round of June’s payments are due on Friday.

Though Villa’s problems are far from over, it suggests Xia remains determined to solve their financial worries and avert the nightmare scenario of administration.

Hmmmm, so £5m keeps us alive another month, EFL wanted to meet us to ensure we could fulfil our fixture commitments for next season but are now happy we are alive till halfway through close season,  and how does £5m solve the £11m the press say we owe this month for transfers?

If I've said it once I've said it 100 times. 

It's almost like the press don't have a clue what's going on and just make shit up. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmm, so £5m keeps us alive another month, EFL wanted to meet us to ensure we could fulfil our fixture commitments for next season but are now happy we are alive till halfway through close season,  and how does £5m solve the £11m the press say we owe this month for transfers?

If I've said it once I've said it 100 times. 

It's almost like the press don't have a clue what's going on and just make shit up. 

I find the 11m amusing to be honest, its almost spoken about like ooo look how bad it is when in reality its very rare players transfers are paid for in one go and of course they never mention what is owed to us.

• Like 1

I'm none the wiser and I don't think I will be until things actually start happening at the club. Whether that's Xia selling the car park, selling the club entirely, Grealish and/or Chester leaving or even Bruce quitting just before the start of the season because we haven't signed anyone, I can't gauge how much shit we're in. The newspaper article fills me with zero confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The press are lying.  They are claiming that tony has paid 5 million pounds to the club.  Liars.  Several ITK’s on here have assured me that he’s broke, a criminal, and only trying to strip assets from Villa!!!

• Haha 2

Its like the trump mentality all over again. 

"There was no collusion with russia" turns to "we don't care that there was collusion with russia"

"Of course xia is wealthy and honest" turns to "who cares if it wasn't true, he is trying to pay the bills each month"

This is a man, who when he bought the club, said on the record that he was worth way more than a billion. Who now needs outside investments, or seeking other ways to pay £5 million bills. And some think thats a reason to defend him. 

Amazing.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

Its like the trump mentality all over again. 

"There was no collusion with russia" turns to "we don't care that there was collusion with russia"

"Of course xia is wealthy and honest" turns to "who cares if it wasn't true, he is trying to pay the bills each month"

This is a man, who when he bought the club, said on the record that he was worth way more than a billion. Who now needs outside investments, or seeking other ways to pay £5 million bills. And some think thats a reason to defend him. 

Amazing.

You are speed running what happened to us. Exactly the same behaviour by the more deluded/smug/complacent sections of the fan base. No evidence. Oh there is evidence but actually it proves everything is ok.  Those worrying are the problem not the heroic owner/leader.  Those to blame are the leakers.  And the press, just recycling old stories and hoping Leeds Villa fail.  Whatever, I’m willing to give Ken David Massimo Tony (why do those idiots always refer to them by their first name? Do they imagine some sort of personal relationship?) a chance.  Repeat until the season is wrecked before it begins and the club sliding towards being bought by the next one in line willing to buy without due diligence because they are (1) another lunatic or (2) an even bigger crook.  

Best of luck.  A good rule when you’re in this sort of hole is that it’s always worse than you first thought.  That owners who claim to be billionaires with little external evidence to verify it usually have closer to zero cash.  That the owner who got you into the mess almost definitely shouldnt be trusted to get you out of it (why would anyone rationally think this?). And that white knights don’t tend to swoop in to buy clubs haemorrhaging cash when they could wait until someone else cops that loss.

A lot of Leeds fans watching this forum from Waccoe with jaws dropped at the extent to which some of the deluded on VillaTalk are almost carbon copies of the “no problems here, move on, move on, stop causing trouble by worrying” idiots in the Leeds fan base during our endless car crash.  Feel for you as a lone voice who seems to actually get what is happening to your club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

The press are lying.  They are claiming that tony has paid 5 million pounds to the club.  Liars.  Several ITK’s on here have assured me that he’s broke, a criminal, and only trying to strip assets from Villa!!!

We appear to have enough cash on hand to pay the tax and wage bill this month, but 'the press' are suggesting (if by 'the press' you mean Percy's article) that finances for July are not secured. It seems a bit early for gloating, don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think people need to stop with the demanding of statements from the club as right at this moment with all the financial issues (not saying its apocalyptic as there is no 100% proof) because let's face it we are in a financial mess we just don't know how big. But I very much doubt there will be any statements as speaking to the fans will be right at the bottom of their priorities.

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Oh yeah, everything is rosy. I'm not concerned about the future of the club at all. This "news" about possible winding up orders / administration, our CEO being sacked and meetings with the EFL are just run of the mill standard things that happen each season. I'm sure the other 23 teams in the league are going through the same stuff right now, but the press have decided to only report on our shit show.

• Thanks 1

Â