Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 22/06/2018 at 03:33, srsmithusa said:

The press are lying.  They are claiming that tony has paid 5 million pounds to the club.  Liars.  Several ITK’s on here have assured me that he’s broke, a criminal, and only trying to strip assets from Villa!!!

I can’t believe that anyone is seriously thinking that the club’s finances are fine and we are ticking along nicely with Xia at all he helm!! We are royally screwed unless we get either huge multi million investment or are sold completely. At present we are existing month to month by borrowing money from anyone who will help. Now where’s that cup if Kenco I can smell!!!

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

The press are lying.  They are claiming that tony has paid 5 million pounds to the club.  Liars.  Several ITK’s on here have assured me that he’s broke, a criminal, and only trying to strip assets from Villa!!!

He has with a LOAN, ie debt. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

I doubt that. Very few creditors would have an interest in publicising such problems. I’m not sure the opinion that unpaid bills would be in the media is sufficient to back up your reassurance that “ every bill has been paid” !

Every bill might have been paid, but might not. There could be awful gremlins waiting ahead....it’s happened to a million businesses before.  Or it might all be ok.

Equally, I don't think you can just say that it's doubtful that unpaid bills would not get made public one way or another. You're right that creditors themselves might not officially publicise an unpaid bill, but we know that these things get out via connected people. A low-level employee that wants to divulge 'ITK' info/ a customer or client that has had to go without a service/product because of an unpaid bill/ even someone high up the chain of the creditor that wants to put pressure on Villa to not fail to pay a bill again by unofficially spreading the information to get it in the news. These things happen.

In this age of social media, where everyone knows everything about everyone, I think it's very doubtful that an unpaid bill by a huge football team wouldn't get made public by someone.

Fair point @Rob182.

Given that point I will revise my view to say I think it is both doubtful and likely that someone would disclose it, and both doubtful and likely that there are any....?.....that shoukd keep me out of trouble !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Equally, I don't think you can just say that it's doubtful that unpaid bills would not get made public one way or another. You're right that creditors themselves might not officially publicise an unpaid bill, but we know that these things get out via connected people. A low-level employee that wants to divulge 'ITK' info/ a customer or client that has had to go without a service/product because of an unpaid bill/ even someone high up the chain of the creditor that wants to put pressure on Villa to not fail to pay a bill again by unofficially spreading the information to get it in the news. These things happen.

In this age of social media, where everyone knows everything about everyone, I think it's very doubtful that an unpaid bill by a huge football team wouldn't get made public by someone.

I know of two companies that didn't get paid (or rather were paid late) during the season that didn't get made public, some contracts have NDA in them, but I agree in principle many instances would be leaked. 

Edited by TheEgo
Typos

33 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I know of two companies that didn't get paid (or rather were paid late) during the season that didn't get made public, some contracts have NDA in them, but I agree in principle many instances would be leaked. 

If one party breached, the NDA is null and void.

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Pretty sure that leak would of come from Wyness....the HMRC don't 'leak' information to the press

So you agree the only news relating to potential missed payments is this one and that it came from a leak via Wyness?

• Like 1

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/22/aston-villa-enter-crucial-days-in-battle-with-cash-crisis/

The owner, who has struggled to effectively fund the club since last August, has been sourcing outside investment and has lifted the restriction on the sale of shares.

It is understood one group has approached Xia and offered to purchase a controlling stake in the club for around £40million.

Other deals are also on the table and Xia, who would ideally like to retain control and see a return on his investment, is expected to make a decision in the coming days.

So lets throw that offer of a controlling stake out the window cause Xia won't accept that. If he wants to remain in charge then his mind is likely already made up and he'll go for the "other deals".

Just now, Daweii said:

So lets throw that offer of a controlling stake out the window cause Xia won't accept that. If he wants to remain in charge then his mind is likely already made up and he'll go for the "other deals".

IF TRUE - He might be glad to retain a stake and stay out of the glare, reputation has taken a battering. Plus 40 mill cash available, means all cash flow sorted, time and space to sort squad, Grealish sold only to comply with FFP, seems a good idea for all. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We appear to have enough cash on hand to pay the tax and wage bill this month, but 'the press' are suggesting (if by 'the press' you mean Percy's article) that finances for July are not secured. It seems a bit early for gloating, don't you think?

you may have perceived it as gloating.  I didn't feel "gloaty"   I think we are in very bad shape, but I don't think anyone knows exactly how bad.  And pretty clearly not as bad as the biggest doomsayers were portraying.  I don't think that's gloating, but hey, feel free to think your own thoughts.

I'm happy we have the money to stay open a few more weeks.  We'll find out more, when we find out more.  

1 hour ago, limpid said:

If one party breached, the NDA is null and void.

That's not what I said mate. I said some contracts will have NDA's so you may not get leaks and the ones that don't are the ones where you're more likely to hear stuff. If that didn't come across. I'm clearly rubbish at making my points haha!! But yes NDA's can and do get breached, the teo suppliers thst I'm aware of that had been payed late, didn't have a NDA in their service level agreement (I know the companies directly)

3 hours ago, eholm said:

I can’t believe that anyone is seriously thinking that the club’s finances are fine and we are ticking along nicely with Xia at all he helm!! We are royally fcuked unless we get either huge multi million investment or are sold completely. At present we are existing month to month by borrowing money from anyone who will help. Now where’s that cup if Kenco I can smell!!!

well good, because I don't believe anyone has said that.  I'll say again.  We are in very bad shape financially and (I fear) soon enough, on the pitch.  But nobody really knows exactly how bad, and those that have been reacting with certainty of the most extremely negative ASSUMPTIONS are probably not any more right than any hypothetical person saying that everything is rosy.

We are in very bad shape.  But only time will tell how bad.  But I doubt the sky is falling.  Villa is not likely to be shuttered and playing on the dirt foundation for an unlaid turf, with TRO as manager and TheEgo in goal.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/22/aston-villa-enter-crucial-days-in-battle-with-cash-crisis/

The owner, who has struggled to effectively fund the club since last August, has been sourcing outside investment and has lifted the restriction on the sale of shares.

It is understood one group has approached Xia and offered to purchase a controlling stake in the club for around £40million.

Other deals are also on the table and Xia, who would ideally like to retain control and see a return on his investment, is expected to make a decision in the coming days.

This is what I said a few pages back, as well as the next 5 days will be interesting.

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

you may have perceived it as gloating.  I didn't feel "gloaty"   

I'd like to add to that also, there's no gloating or gamesmanship going on here about who is right or who is wrong - if we are stuffed financially then it will be devastating to all, equally if we are not stuffed and can turn the ship around then we should all be relieved. Anyone brave/daft enough to say exactly what is going to happen, based purely on their own opinion would be letting themselves in for a huge fall.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

well good, because I don't believe anyone has said that.  I'll say again.  We are in very bad shape financially and (I fear) soon enough, on the pitch.  But nobody really knows exactly how bad, and those that have been reacting with certainty of the most extremely negative ASSUMPTIONS are probably not any more right than any hypothetical person saying that everything is rosy.

We are in very bad shape.  But only time will tell how bad.  But I doubt the sky is falling.  Villa is not likely to be shuttered and playing on the dirt foundation for an unlaid turf, with TRO as manager and TheEgo in goal.   

Good job then as I have ankylosing spondylitis and I'd be useless at picking the ball out of the net ?

3 hours ago, TheEgo said:

He has with a LOAN, ie debt. 

how many club owners have debt?

Again, I'm not whistling a happy tune.  We are in bad shape.  But we don't really know how bad.  We will find out over the course of time.  There were some here claiming we would be in administration by now.  They were wrong. We weren't THAT bad.  It may not be as bad as many still seem to think.  But there is not doubt, we are in a poor financial position.  Personally, I suspect Wyness is the place where most blame should lie (although there's plenty to go around).

PS. I have debt too.  I owe on my house.  My house is worth more than I owe on it though, so I think I'm OK. 

Â