Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I know very little about business procedure, least of all the ownership of a sporting club but why delay the inevitable?

Unless the two parties will work together to facilitate a smoother transition from one owner to the next, I don't really see who benefits this way.

The end of 2018 is still 6 months of decision making away. I don't know if Xia is as poor an owner and businessmen as is being touted, or if a lack of knowledge, over enthusiasm and poor counsel cemented his undoing before he had a chance to show the qualities that led him to ownership in the first place. In any case I hope he treats the coming months with a bit more care and deliberation regards the clubs well being than what's been a severe case of mismanagement up until now.

My personal view is that any 'transition period' from investment to sale would purely serve to 'save face' so he sells  in his own time and terms. All about the optics imo no one is just investing in us. It will lead to a sale unless they uncover even more horrors, but that will happen with Due Dilligence and before investment unless it's a 'mate' from China

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Hey the hysterical word was first coined by Bruce, I was merely quoting him, hope you weren’t offended or immediately thought it applied to you or anything like that. 

No not at all. No offence or thought it was aimed at me, just think there is actual merit for worry and concern with this as opposed to Bruce and his tactics etc!! I really don't think many have grasped the potential gravity of the trouble we could be in and are dismissing it all as just hyperbole. If that helps then cool, but there is actual evidence of missed payments to more than just the HMRC and no established way to deal with these payments beyond the one we just begged money to pay. Let's see what happens in the coming week.

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

No not at all. No offence or thought it was aimed at me, just think there is actual merit for worry and concern with this as opposed to Bruce and his tactics etc!! I really don't think many have grasped the potential gravity of the trouble we could be in and are dismissing it all as just hyperbole. If that helps then cool, but there is actual evidence of missed payments to more than just the HMRC and no established way to deal with these payments beyond the one we just begged money to pay. Let's see what happens in the coming week.

No one is really expected to grasp the potential gravity, due to an absence of firm, meaningful information.....its a bed partner of deceit.

There is a danger of this appearing like Brexit.

Create a smokescreen of complexity and debate, to such a point no ones knows if they are coming or going.

anything can be relatively simple, when broken down.....if folk want it to be.

quite frankly i am lost in the fog of it all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one is really expected to grasp the potential gravity, due to an absence of firm, meaningful information.....its a bed partner of deceit.

There is a danger of this appearing like Brexit.

Create a smokescreen of complexity and debate, to such a point no ones knows if they are coming or going.

anything can be relatively simple, when broken down.....if folk want it to be.

quite frankly i am lost in the fog of it all.

Indeed.

I haven't commented in about a week because frankly there isn't anything to comment on as there is no new credible information.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

My personal view is that any 'transition period' from investment to sale would purely serve to 'save face' so he sells  in his own time and terms. All about the optics imo no one is just investing in us. It will lead to a sale unless they uncover even more horrors, but that will happen with Due Dilligence and before investment unless it's a 'mate' from China

I guess he's only human and if he wants to prolong his tenure to save face then that shows another sign of poor judgement.

Unless of course he has a plan and the ability to carry on then do everyone a favour and move on, that's how I see it.

What are you basing the notion that he won't be here by end of 2018 on? I take it you hold this view based on more than your understanding of the club and Xia's financial standing?

6 months will see a number of important decisions made for the club. I just hope he saves face by doing his utmost to ensure the club is not compromised further.

As for what you say about a potential suitor coming forth as investor/buyer it's all a bit vague and I can't help but think you're not privy to any information that's exclusive or more than speculation. If he's getting investment from a 'mate' in China then he doesn't intend to sell to a would be buyer and would have some ambition and means to continue on as the owner of our club. If, as you say, investment leads to purchase then a new owner will instill their own policy and people and Xia will be redundant.

Surely he has some foresight as to his money in China becoming available whereby he can make a decision as to whether or not he can continue to operate as owner.

If it is the case that he is unable to continue and is stubbornly holding out on putting the club up for sale, I don't care if it's an attempt to recoup losses or his idea of saving face, one thing is clear and that is he has little insight in to how to operate with integrity. This may be business but that doesn't mean that it is conducted in a reckless manner, or that when things don't work out that self service becomes the default, sentiments are disregarded and financial gains the sole focus to the detriment of quality conduct.

Wyness wants 6 million for the efforts he put in to seeing this club setup dysfunctionally. Absolute mug. No wonder we didn't get promoted. The ethos of this man is obviously Villa is going to be the best pay day the division has to offer, rather than being the best football club the division has to offer.

Now Tony is supposedly concerned about recouping the sum paid for the club whilst the clubs financial standing is uncertain at best, now and going forward. This is not really my idea of someone who wants the best for the club. Part of leadership is admitting to your shortcomings and mistakes and taking responsibility. Unfortunately it would seem Xia's concern for his personal loss' and image is of higher importance than the clubs welfare and he too saw Villa as a means to payday rather than a community project.

Europe in 5 years? Possible but not if the level of commitment to the clubs progress is defined and motivated by monetary incentive. I mean the leadership have seemingly failed to do anything that resembles an understanding for the club and community, with the exception of Bruce, who managed to inspire enough confidence in his vision to finish 4th and make the POF. Despite ultimately being a failure he can at least say he got a group of individuals working toward a common goal in a manner that nearly saw us succeed in our objective.

Between Xia and Wyness they have thoroughly neglected their end of the deal.

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Cant be anything to do with Wombles that's for certain. They make good use of the things that they find!

I'm not so sure actually. One of the lines of the Wombles song is "We're so incredibly utterly devious" 

So maybe! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John said:

Two million £50 shares would give us some money in the bank but would those shares be for less than 50% of the club? If so, it won't seem too attractive a proposition for potential investors.

I’m just speculating, but my guess is that Xia will be offering a 49% share in the club for whatever amount he can negotiate out of an investor. Eg, £40m for 980,000 of the 2,000,000 shares, leaving Tony will the remaining 51% and some immediate funds to keep the club ticking over while Tony gets money from other revenue sources. I could be completely wrong though!

• Like 1

So on the 25th May the Doctor was deemed to be a good owner. Subsequently we’ve paid a bill late and sacked a bloke a lot wanted gone anyway and now the Doctor is public enemy number 1!! Ive no idea of our actual situation as virtually everyone on here so until shit happens I won’t  judge too much much but if we are experiencing financial problems and the Doctor is fighting it sort it out I think he deserves our backing. He could easily walk away but if he fights for us and does sort it out he’ll actually be an owner that cares and I want an owner is willing to fight for us. Ultimately it’ll come down to money so if he has got it I’ll be happy for him to carry on. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Var was telling them it was penalties. It’s the humans using it that failed. 

Keeping on topic. Tony out! 

scrap Humans.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've often dreamed of being the minority shareholder in a business that loses money, in an industry in which almost all businesses lose money.

No profit, and no power,  where do I sign up?

Not all businesses lose money in football. This time last year 12 of the 20 clubs in the PL posted profits in the millions. Size of club or league standing was not necessarily indicative of profit.

Entirely subjective but I would put forward that there's more to being a shareholder than the potential for profit and the final say on decision making.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I guess he's only human and if he wants to prolong his tenure to save face then that shows another sign of poor judgement.

Unless of course he has a plan and the ability to carry on then do everyone a favour and move on, that's how I see it.

What are you basing the notion that he won't be here by end of 2018 on? I take it you hold this view based on more than your understanding of the club and Xia's financial standing?

6 months will see a number of important decisions made for the club. I just hope he saves face by doing his utmost to ensure the club is not compromised further.

As for what you say about a potential suitor coming forth as investor/buyer it's all a bit vague and I can't help but think you're not privy to any information that's exclusive or more than speculation. If he's getting investment from a 'mate' in China then he doesn't intend to sell to a would be buyer and would have some ambition and means to continue on as the owner of our club. If, as you say, investment leads to purchase then a new owner will instill their own policy and people and Xia will be redundant.

Surely he has some foresight as to his money in China becoming available whereby he can make a decision as to whether or not he can continue to operate as owner.

If it is the case that he is unable to continue and is stubbornly holding out on putting the club up for sale, I don't care if it's an attempt to recoup losses or his idea of saving face, one thing is clear and that is he has little insight in to how to operate with integrity. This may be business but that doesn't mean that it is conducted in a reckless manner, or that when things don't work out that self service becomes the default, sentiments are disregarded and financial gains the sole focus to the detriment of quality conduct.

Wyness wants 6 million for the efforts he put in to seeing this club setup dysfunctionally. Absolute mug. No wonder we didn't get promoted. The ethos of this man is obviously Villa is going to be the best pay day the division has to offer, rather than being the best football club the division has to offer.

Now Tony is supposedly concerned about recouping the sum paid for the club whilst the clubs financial standing is uncertain at best, now and going forward. This is not really my idea of someone who wants the best for the club. Part of leadership is admitting to your shortcomings and mistakes and taking responsibility. Unfortunately it would seem Xia's concern for his personal loss' and image is of higher importance than the clubs welfare and he too saw Villa as a means to payday rather than a community project.

Europe in 5 years? Possible but not if the level of commitment to the clubs progress is defined and motivated by monetary incentive. I mean the leadership have seemingly failed to do anything that resembles an understanding for the club and community, with the exception of Bruce, who managed to inspire enough confidence in his vision to finish 4th and make the POF. Despite ultimately being a failure he can at least say he got a group of individuals working toward a common goal in a manner that nearly saw us succeed in our objective.

Between Xia and Wyness they have thoroughly neglected their end of the deal.

So he said I am a Villa Fan, but a business man first.

What he meant was a villa fan when everything is rocking and rolling......and a business man when the shit hits the fan and he wants his money back....Thats all he is hanging around for Imo.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

If nothing else owning shares in the club gives you a big boost in any potential "better fan" argument.

It's all subjective but I like the idea of involvement and insight that comes with it. Although the majority speaks there are terms like "shareholder oppression" and "reasonable expectation" for a reason.

45 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

So on the 25th May the Doctor was deemed to be a good owner. Subsequently we’ve paid a bill late and sacked a bloke a lot wanted gone anyway and now the Doctor is public enemy number 1!! Ive no idea of our actual situation as virtually everyone on here so until shit happens I won’t  judge too much much but if we are experiencing financial problems and the Doctor is fighting it sort it out I think he deserves our backing. He could easily walk away but if he fights for us and does sort it out he’ll actually be an owner that cares and I want an owner is willing to fight for us. Ultimately it’ll come down to money so if he has got it I’ll be happy for him to carry on. 

I admire your optimism!

52 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

How could he walk away ? 

by his own words the finacial situation is servere 

he actually went back to china the day after the pof ....(probably never to return imo)

49 minutes ago, TRO said:

So he said I am a Villa Fan, but a business man first.

What he meant was a villa fan when everything is rocking and rolling......and a business man when the shit hits the fan and he wants his money back....Thats all he is hanging around for Imo.

Business and commerce doesn't always concern itself with profit first. Sometimes a quality of interaction, trade and professionalism are the focus.

Agreed. That's the way it seems. If he was a Villa fan or a businessman he'd invest the time and have the interest in addressing the running of the club.

Time will tell if he's been true to either.

I wonder if Tony has considered making a PPI claim in respect of his loans? It might just resolve our short term financial crisis (at least that's what those numerous texts and telephone calls suggest).:D

• Haha 3

Â